Revealing

More than Two

Hi again! This is the second update of today! Please leave a comment after to tell me how this is going so far!

Happy reading and God bless you! 


Chapter 13: Revealing

 

[Saturday June 8th, 2013]

 

I stop sipping the drink Youngjae bought for the two of us.  Everyone watches as Yugyeom runs after BamBam.  We stand there, confused.

 

 "What just happened?" Jooyeon wonders out loud.

 

Nobody answers.  No one knows what happened.  We just came to get refreshments and we chatted with each other.  Then, BamBam suddenly ran away.  Yugyeom called his name but he just continued to go further.  So Yugyeom went after the boy.

 

"I'll go check on them. You guys stay here," I say and follow the two boys.

 

I almost lose them, but I catch up.  BamBam runs pretty far from where we were.  They turn a corner, behind a booth.  I am about to turn as well, but I hear something that stops me in my tracks.

 

"I hate this!" BamBam yells.  I stand next to the corner, to hear better.  I can just imagine his expression at the moment: his teeth clenched and his eyes full of anger.  "He's always making her happy! Whenever I try approaching her, he's always there! I try to talk to her but he is always butting into our conversation!"

 

'He', he meant Youngjae.  And 'her' is supposed to be... myself.

 

- "BamBam just calm d–" Yugyeom tries to stop his friend, but he gets cut off.

- "No Yugyeom! You don't understand! It's so frustrating! Do you know how many times I tried buying her something today, but he had to buy it before me!? And, whenever I see them together, I get this annoying feeling a-and it irks me because I don't know what it is!" he continues.

- "You like her, arraseo (okay)!?"  Yugyeom reveals and I gasp, quickly covering my mouth.  After a long silence, he continues: "You like Yunhee. That's why you have those feelings,".

 

How can he tell him that!? Now everything is going to be worst between Youngjae and I.

 

No one says anything.  But then a chuckle is heard.  I'm guessing it's from BamBam.

 

- "You're joking right? You're playing with me... right?" BamBam asks.

- "Does it look like I'm joking around? BamBam, you like Yunhee. I'm tired of hiding this from my best friend. It hurts me when I see you mad because of Youngjae sunbae," Yugyeom says.

- "But... how do you even know I like her? You're wrong. It's not true," BamBam tells the other.

- "All of the hyungs have the same opinion as me. And it's visible in the way you act around her," Yugyeom answers.

- "What do you mean by 'in the way you act around her'?," BamBam repeats.  There was a short pause.

- "When you see her, your heart beats rapidly and you become nervous, right?" Yugyeom asks.

- "Well I don't think so..."

- "She makes you freeze into place, right? Because you end up panicking, thinking you'll make a fool of yourself if you do anything," Yugyeom continues.  "And you think of her a lot, don't you?"

- "Well that's not the same. I think of my family a lot too," the older protests.

- "We're talking about Yunhee.  She isn't one of your family members," Yugyeom clarifies.  "If you like her, then you'd think about her, day and night. Don't you? When you're bored? That's why you all talk about her?"

- "I-I guess," BamBam stutters.

- "And you unconsciously stare at her. You can't lie about that. I caught you many times before," the younger goes on.

- "Oh..."

- "And didn't you tell me that you get this nice feeling, like a small spark, when you're next to her?" Yugyeom persists.

- "Um, ye (yes), I think. Was that supposed to be a sign?" BamBam mumbles to himself.

- "Ye! BamBam, ye! All of these things, if you feel them, then you like her!" Yugyeom tries to conclude.

- "B-but I don't like her! Stop telling me that I do! Stop giving these stupid examples! Stop doing this–"

- "You stop! Stop denying the facts! Stop avoiding your feelings for her! And quit saying nonsense. Sheesh... both of you are so much alike," Yugyeom gets annoyed.

- "Wait... what? Are you telling me that... Yunhee... likes me too?" BamBam takes his turn to question.  There was a silence between the two.

 

I then remember when I confessed to Yugyeom about my feelings...

 

 

[Thursday June 6th, 2013]

 

I'm about to knock, but the door suddenly opens, revealing JB.

 

- "Starting from the time you put the phone down, it took you 16 minutes and 57 seconds to get here," he tells me, checking his wrist watch.  I look at him oddly.

- "Do you really have nothing else to do?" I ask him.  He rolls his eyes.

- "Ye arraseo, do you have a problem with my boredom?" he answers.  I chuckle.  He makes room for me to enter.

- "So where is he?" I look around the dorm, trying to find the younger boy.

- "In the living room," he closes the door behind me.

 

I walk towards an open area and find Yugyeom there.  He is lying lazily on a couch with his legs stretched out and his nose in a textbook.  I sit down at his feet, but he doesn't even glance at me.  He stays focused on studying.  I stay silent for a bit, waiting for Yugyeom to speak.  Jaebum comes in, a few moments after, maybe noticing how quiet we were.  He slaps the high schooler's legs, who he, jolts up in shock.

 

- "Yah, someone's here and you don't even care to greet them?" JB scolds.  Finally, Yugyeom sees me.

- "Oh noona! Annyeong! Since when were you here?" the guy next to me says.  Jaebum and I just shake our heads, not bothering to answer.  "What?"

- "Forget it Yugyeom. Just listen to me, I have something to tell you... privately," I finish, making sure I make it clear to Jaebum that I want him to leave.

- "So I come help you start a conversation with Yugyeom, and then you kick me out? Arraseo, I'm fine with that. I'll just go in a room and fill myself with boredom again," JB walks away.  I smile at this goofy side of him.

- "So what's wrong noona?" Yugyeom sits down properly.

- "Yugyeommie, stop calling me noona," I convey.

- "But noona, I told you already that I won't stop until you admit that you like BamBam," he reminds me, although I still clearly remember what he told me.

- "Ne (yes), I know. That's why I came here," I bite my lip and look down at my hands. "I've thought about it, and I think it's time I tell you. It took me awhile to admit it myself, but it ended happening,"

- "Wait, are you confessing to me right now!?" Yugyeom shouts, happy that I'm finally admitting to him that I like BamBam.  I smile and nod.  Suddenly, JB comes running in the living room.

- "You're what!?" the older one yells, looking shocked and angry at the same time.  Yugyeom stands up and shakes his hyung.

- "Hyung! She finally confessed to me!" Yugyeom hugs the other happily.

- "What!? How can you be so happy!? Are you not concerned for your best friend!?" JB pushes him away.  He turns to me.  "And you! What about your best friend!? Are you two really that inconsiderate!?"

- "Eh, hyung/oppa? What are you talking about?" Yugyeom and I look at each other, feeling very confused.

- "Yah, you better not be asking her!" Jaebum completely ignores what we said.

- "Well, eh, hyung I–" Yugyeom starts.

- "Arg! You kids are giving me a headache! Do you not know that dating each will hurt people around you!?" JB pulls on his hair.  There was silence.

- "Dating?" Yugyeom and I say at the same time.  We both laugh almost immediately.

- "Why are you two laughing? This is a serious matter!" Jaebum yells.

- "Oppa, did you think that I was confessing my feelings for him?" I laugh.

- "Hyung, she was just telling me that she likes BamBam!" Yugyeom clarifies.  I stop laughing and punch his arm.

- "Yah, you can't just go and tell people this! If I knew you were just going to spill it out, then I would have never told you!" I say to the teen.

 

[Saturday June 8th, 2013]

 

What is he going to tell him?

 

Silence.  I try to figure out what the two can possibly be thinking right now.  I look up at the crowd of people.  Something catches my eye.  Well, someone actually.  And that someone looks familiar.  Tall, with dark hair, small brown eyes and a really cute face.

 

Isn't that Jr. oppa?

 

My eyes widen, trying to find a hiding spot.  I can't let him see me eavesdropping the two younger boys' conversation.  I quickly but quietly turn on my heels and head back to find the others.  I rush back, without looking behind me.  Almost arriving to where the others were, I slow down, so it seems as if I didn't run.

 

- "Ah there you are. Yunhee, where are the others? Jinyoung went to look for you guys," Jaebum says as I approach them.

- "Oh did he? I didn't see him," I lie.

- "And how about the two?" Jackson inquires, referring to Yugyeom and BamBam as 'the two'.

- "I didn't find them either. I thought they returned so I came back here," I prevaricate.

 

A few minutes later, Jinyoung, BamBam and Yugyeom come back.  Everything seems to be normal; BamBam looks quite calm.  I would say too calm, compared to his state before.  Did Yugyeom tell him that I liked him?  After all, he did blurt it out to Jaebum.  What could be stopping him from unveil this news to BamBam?