Lunch

More than Two

Chapter 11: Lunch

 

[Saturday June 1st, 2013]

 

Youngjae, where are you!? I'm hungry.

 

I'm waiting, once again, for Youngjae.  And again, he's taking a while to come.  Right now, I'm in the JYP building.  I'm visiting him because it's his first day.  The receptionist asked me to wait for him to come.  When he gets here, we're going to have lunch with the other boys.

 

Glancing at my watch, it's only been five minutes since I sat down here.  I know, I'm very impatient.  But if we're talking about food here... Then why shouldn't I be?  Especially when I'm hungry.

 

I tap my foot rapidly on the floor and I look up from the timepiece on my wrist.  I wander my eyes around and spot BamBam just as he sees me as well.  He seems very surprised as he approaches me.

 

- "Yunhee, what are you doing here?" BamBam asks me.  I smile.

- "I came to visit, of course. It's your lunch break now, right? I brought bento boxes for you and the others to eat. I hope you'll like them because I made them myself," I answer while patting one pile of the boxes on the coffee table.  I see a slight blush appear on his cheeks.

- "Jinjja (really)?" he questions shyly and I nod with a big smile.  He really is cute.

 

We have a long conversation, laughing here and there.  Butterflies fly around in my stomach and I almost forget why I came here.  As I was talking, BamBam suddenly frowns and I become confused.

 

Did I say something wrong?

 

Hands then slowly wrap around my waist that startle me.  I feel breathing on my neck and it makes me shiver.

 

- "Did I make you wait long?" a low voice whispers in my ear.  I turn my head to see the person, just a bit.

- "A-aniyo (no)," I stutter nervously, a blush appearing on my cheeks as I recognize the person.

 

Choi Youngjae.  His face is really close to mine at the moment and my heart is beating fast.  When I glance at BamBam, his arms are crossed and he's looking away.  He seems mad, maybe because of the position Youngjae and I are in.

 

- "Shall we go eat?" Youngjae asks me and I nod.  He picks up a pill of four bentos and BamBam grabs the other four.  Youngjae grasps my hand and links our fingers together.  "Gaja (let's go)," he pulls me with him and we walk towards the cafeteria with BamBam trailing behind us.

 

When I look back, BamBam's grip on the bento boxes is quite tight. His face is burning with jealousy and I can't help but want to step away from Youngjae.  But I don't.

 

Arriving at the cafeteria, the three of us find the others already seated at a table.  We go towards them and I finally let go of Youngjae's hand to greet these guys.

 

- "Jackson! It's good to see you again!" I say as he is the first to come towards me.  I hate to admit it, but I kind of missed his teasing.

- "You too. I can't wait to start annoying you again. It gets boring around here with these guys," he replies.

- "Jinjja?" I scoff jokingly at him.

 

Well maybe I could have waited a little more before seeing this one again... Just kidding!

 

The two of us do a pound hug and I slap his back a few times.  He winces slightly in pain and whines that I'm mean.  I just laugh at him as he sits back down.

 

- "Yah, Kyoh Yunhee. You haven't changed at all," Jaebum stands up to hug me and he ruffles my hair.

- "It's only been a few weeks since I've seen you. Of course I haven't changed," I remind him.  He shrugs.

- "It's possible," he says and I chuckle.  "Anyway, how are you?"

- "Jeoneun gwaenchanha (I'm alright). How about you? Gwaenchanhayo (Are you alright)? You seem tired," I point out worriedly.

- "Ye (yes). I–" he starts.

- "Yunhee! Are you not going to greet me?" Jr. slides himself between JB and I, cutting his friend off.

 

Jaebum clears his throat but Jinyoung ignores him.  JB rolls his eyes and sits down on his chair with an annoyed expression.  I look back at Jr. and he's blinking innocently with a smile, waiting for me to say something.

 

- "Annyeong (hi)?" I reply.  Jinyoung hugs me tightly while slightly but quickly moving me side to side in the hug.

- "Oh, annyeong Yunhee!! I missed you sooo much!!" he yells out happily, his hold getting tighter —if that's even possible.  When he lets go, I breath heavily.

- "Didn't I just see you yesterday?" I ask.

- "Ye, but that was a long time ago!" he argues.

- "Jinyoung. Just sit down," JB pulls Jr. to sit.

 

I mentally thank Jaebum for his actions.  Because if no one stopped Jinyoung, that conversation would have lasted forever.  I turn my head to find Youngjae still holding the bento boxes.

 

- "Oppa. You can bring those here," I tell him and he puts the pile on the table.

- "Woah! Lunch!" Mark exclaims.  He quickly takes one of the bentos, opens it and stares in amazement.  I sigh.

- "Oh annyeong Mark oppa! I'm actually doing great, gomawo for asking me.  It really shows that you care," I answer to the non existing words of Mark Tuan.

 

He looks up from the food and stand up to hug me.  

 

"I'm happy to see that you brought food," he whispers in my ear.  I just roll my eyes.

 

Mark sits back down while his lips, ready to devour the food.  I them feel a tug at my sleeve and find Yugyeom holding the fabric.

 

"Noona. Can you sit next to me?" he questions.  I nod and he smiles.

 

He pulls me to a chair and makes me sit down.  In front of me is Jaebum and, ironically, to my right is BamBam.  Yugyeom invites Youngjae to sit beside him, at his left.  I don't mind much since this can possibly be a way to make them closer.  I pass the bento boxes to all of them so they can start eating.  Opening my own bento, I take the chopsticks to start eating.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I never thought that having a proper conversation with Youngjae would be hard around these guys.  It's only been a couple of minutes that I sat down at this table and I can't seem to be able to talk with Youngjae without getting cut off by the others.  First, Yugyeom interrupted me by speaking over me.  Then Jinyoung broke our next conversation by asking me a random question.  And finally, Jaebum disturbed our talk by annoying me with his shaky legs under the table.  I'm having this feeling that they're purposely cutting me off so I don't speak with Youngjae.... Maybe not.  But I hope this time Youngjae and I can converse without interruptions.  I have been talking to him for a while now, maybe they gave up cutting me off.

 

- "So how are your parents doing?" Youngjae asks me.

- "The same as usual. Arguing and more arguing," I answer.

- "Really? Have you talked them out of their fights?" he questions.

- "Um... Well I guess I–" I start.

- "Yunhee! ... You're looking REALLY nice today!" Jackson suddenly blurts out.  Everyone just looks at him in confusion as he smiles widely at me.  He nudges JB —who is at his left— with eyes screaming for help.

- "Oh right, Yunhee. You're looking very pretty today," Jaebum then adds.  They all nod, 'helping out' Jackson.

- "Uh... Gomawo. Youngjae oppa actually bought me these clothes," I say.  They all look at Youngjae who just smiles.

 

I hope this time they won't interrupt anythi–

 

- "Jackson, since when do you compliment Yunhee? You're acting weird," Mark —seated at JB's right— says.  Okay, now I'm positive that they're doing it on purpose.  They even break my thoughts.

- "Hyung, are you feeling okay?" Yugyeom squints his eyes at Jackson.  "You don't–"

 

I startle the two boys next to me by slamming both my hands on the table.    It's my turn to cut someone off.  More specifically, the person who started it all.  In other words, Kim Yugyeom.  I quickly stand up and glare at the five boys, who are guilty of interjecting in my words.

 

"That's it! I've had enough! I know what you’re doing and I'm not happy! Did you really think that I'm stupid and I wouldn't realize what you planned!? I see your eyes sending glances at each other and I know why you keep cutting me off. You're all really annoying me! I don't even want to eat with you guys anymore..." I yell at the five.  I pick up my bento box and I look down at my food.  "As a matter of fact, I didn't even take a single bite out of this," I whisper loud enough so they can all hear.  "Come on Youngjae oppa. Let's eat at another table," I call Youngjae to follow.  We move three tables away from them and I glare at them once more.  They just stare at me, surprised at my outburst.  "Sheesh..." I mumble.

 

I finally get to eat after sitting away from those guys.  I just stuff my face with food as the others grow silent.  It kinda gets awkward but I don't even try to lighten the mood.  At the moment, I just think about what the five did awhile ago.  They kept stopping me in mid-sentence...

 

But why?  Was it because of... BamBam?  I remember glancing at him while I was talking with Youngjae and he looked pissed off.  Is that why they did that?  Because they were helping their friend?  But that isn't a good reason for them to bother me whenever I'm talking...

 

A memory suddenly comes to mind from that night, after BamBam's birthday party...

 

 

[Sunday May 5th, 2013]

 

Entering the house after that awkward walk with Mark, I quietly walk up to my room.  I collapse on my bed for a few minutes, trying to take my mind off BamBam and his feelings... for me.  The thought of unread fortune cookie fortunes occurs in my head.  I usually eat the cookie first and read the fortune last.  After grabbing my backpack and searching in several pockets, I finally find the small slips of paper.  I've never believed in whatever was written on them but I always enjoyed reading and laughing at each of them.

 

Reading them one by one, my smile grows wider.  The things written on the papers are all very sweet.  There are stuff like {You're future is full of happiness} or {You will be blessed with good things}.  The fifth one—which is also the last one— doesn't make me smile though.  Instead, it makes me confused.

 

{The ones you love will fight for you.}

 

What is that suppose to mean?

 

 

[Saturday June 1st, 2013]

 

Is this what that fortune meant? That BamBam and Youngjae... will fight for me? Like, literally, to have me? What?

 

I stop chewing the food in my mouth. My normal expression turns into a really perplexed one as I stare into space.

 

"Gwaenchanhayo?" Youngjae whispers to me.  I look at him and I just blankly stare at his puzzled yet worried face.

 

This boy right here...

 

I turn my gaze towards the other guys and my eyes land on BamBam.

 

And that boy over there... Are fighting for... me?... Because earlier, that position Youngjae oppa and I were in —the back hug— was not something he would usually do to me.  Did he react like that because I was with BamBam?

 

"But always remember. Even if you rejected me, as long as you're single, I won't stop trying to get you. I'll even wait if I have to,"

 

When he said 'trying', did he mean to the extent that he would fight.

 

I look back at Youngjae.  I start chewing my food again.  I simply nod as a reply to his question.

 

I'm nodding, but I'm not okay at all. If they really are starting to fight, then why? And why is it over me, out of all people? Why did I choose to go to the park that cold day of January, just to escape from my parents' bickering? Why didn't I just go around town like I use to? Then I maybe wouldn't have met Youngjae oppa. Then I wouldn't have to go back there and meet BamBam either.  Maybe, without me here, these guys could have been close friends.  Maybe their lives would have been easier without me here. But I am here... And I can't reverse anything.


Hi!!!! I'm SOOOOO sorry for not updating for a LONG time! I had to rewrite this because I didn't like it at first so it took awhile... and because I got lazy... I really apologize and I hope this was worth waiting :)

Thank you for reading! Please comment on this story/chapter (because I love reading about what you think) and subscibe if you haven't (because... um well... it makes me happy :D)!

Well gotta go so BYE! Hope that the next update will come sooner!

God bless you!

I do not own link.