Accidental meeting

More than Two

Chapter 3: Accidental meeting

 

[Sunday February 3rd, 2013]

 

I walk up to the bench with the initials written on it.  I remember when they were carved by Youngjae... before he left.  I run my fingers over the letters without caring if I get splinters in my skin.  I read it again, while having flashbacks of the two of us together.  I think of the happy moments and the sad moments, the laughs and the cries.  I take out Youngjae's present for me: the locket.  I remove it from my neck so I can hold it properly.  I open heart, revealing a photo of my best friend.

 

"Annyeong Youngjae-ya! How have you been doing?" I ask the picture as if it was alive.  "You know, I've been missing you a lot. It's no fun without you here. But don't rush your training, okay? Just take your time. I'll be here waiting for you to come back. Even if it is really boring now that you're gone," I continue.  I bet that people would think that I've gone insane because I'm talking to a photograph.  But I'm not crazy —well at least I think I'm not—, it's partially because I'm really lonely.  And what do you expect from a girl who her only friend is gone.

 

I close the locket gently then hold it tightly in the palm of my hand.  I turn around in my tracks after realizing I need to head back home.  I start walking back with my arms crossed and my head hanging low.  

 

- "GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!" someone yells just as I reach the entrance of the park.

- "Huh?" I say, confused.  I look up to find a boy on a bicycle, heading my way... And it doesn't look like he is going to stop.  "Ahhhhh!!" I scream as he was just about to hit me.  Fortunately, I dodge the boy on the bike.  Unfortunately, I lose balance and fall down on my side.  "Ouch," I mumble.

- "Eomeona (Oh my gosh)! Gwaenchanhayo (Are you alright)?" the same boy asks me.  I look up to see him next to me with his bicycle behind him.  "Joesonghabnida (I'm sorry)! The breaks on my bike don't work very well. I couldn't stop in time," he apologizes while bowing in a ninety degrees angle.

- "Jeoneun gwaenchanhayo (I'm alright)," I reassure him while trying to sit straight, but I fail.  I feel a small sting on my right leg.  I look down and find my jeans ripped, with glass sticking to my calf.  Blood flows out, making my pants red.  My stare slowly moves to the ground.  Sharp, harming, dangerous, broken glass scattered all over.

- "Omo (Oh my)! You're bleeding!" he panics.

- "Mh," I agree very calmly with a nod, still surprised.

 

My gaze was back on my leg as it was continuously bleeding.  The still unknown boy helps me stand up, without a word, and brings me to a bench.  The same bench under the trees.  The one in the shades.  With the familiar letters written on the wood.  Accompanied with the memories of two close friends who have been separated.  Following the help he gives me to sit on the seat, the mystery boy kneels down in front of me.  He opens the bag he had on his back just a few moments ago.  After searching here and there, he takes out a small first aid kit.  Before doing anything more, I stop him in his actions.

 

- "Aniyo (No)! Gwaenchanha (It's fine).  You don't need to help me anymore.  I'll put a bandage when I get home," I decline his help.

- "Ani, ani (No, no). This should be treated right away.  And doing this will be my repayment for almost hitting you," he insists with a chuckle.  I set an uneasy smile on my face.

 

He opens the box and takes out tissues, alcohol and a bandage.  He slowly takes out the pieces of glass off my jeans.  At the same time, I examine him a bit.

 

Mh... Let's see...

 

I help him roll up the right side of my pants to my knee when all the glass was off.

 

Satisfying height.

 

He looks at the wound with a face of disgust before whipping the blood off.

 

Neatly styled hair.

 

Of course the red liquid was still flowing out, so he tightly wraps the big bandage around my bottom leg.

 

Nice brown eyes.

 

When he finishes, he smiles.

 

Pretty smile. Mh, he's cute. I wonder how old he is....  Omo! *inwardly grabs shoulders* Yunhee! What is wrong with you!? Remember your promise with Youngjae? You're supposed to wait for him.  Not go around looking at other guys! .... But still this guy is good-looking. *mental slap* Stop! Stop it! Don't think like that! He has good looks but Youngjae is better! He has to be better! Okay!? So get that through your head!

 

- "Uh, gwaenchanhayo?" the boy asks me, snapping me out of my mental fight with myself.

- "Huh? Um, ne (yes)... I guess," I tell him, still kind of lost.

- "You looked really... out of it," he says with a chuckle.  I put on an uncomfortable smile, thinking of how stupid I probably looked.

- "Uh, well, I have a lot on my mind," I try to cover up my previous state.  He only nods, seeming to understand.  "Oh and gamsahabnida (thank you). For helping me," I thank while I point at my leg.

- "There's no need to thank me but cheonmane (you're welcome) anyway. It's really my fault for putting you in this condition. Joesonghabnida again for doing that to you," he apologizes once more.  I only smile.

- "I think I should head back home," I suggest while I start to get up.  He nods and stands up to help me get on my feet.

- "Are you able to walk?" he questions, concern if I can move around or not.

- "Ne. I think I can get back by myself," I reassure him with a smile.  We still walk together, in silence, as I occasionally need help to keep my balance.  When we reach the area where he left his bike, I thank him again and he apologizes once more.  He asks me if he should take me home and I refuse.  He rides his bike back while I watch him get further.

 

I never got his name... I wonder if I will ever see him again.

 

I smile as I think of how this meeting is similar to my first encounter with Youngjae.  Of course, this time, I got hurt and we actually talked to each other.  But it's still funny how, both times, we randomly met in this park, without even knowing each other’s names at first.  But what will happen in the future?  Will that stranger end up being like Youngjae?  Will we also be close?  Or will we never meet again?  After all, we only met by accident...


Yo yo yo!  I'm back with another chapter after awhile! I was actually hesitating on posting because I'm not sure if anyone is liking this... Please comment and subscibe :)

But anyway, after posting the other chapter, I realized that it was REALLY long. So I wrote something shorter instead.   I hope it's okay for you readers.

Well I guess that's it for now.  PLEASE COMMENT!  It would make me feel better and I will PROBABLY update faster if you will.  But I can't garantee that.  God bless you all!

See ya~