Piano

More than Two

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! Well, it's Christmas where I live... Anyways, this chapter is my present to you because I love my readers!

So before you read, please listen to this song if you don't know it.


Chapter 14: Piano

 

[Monday June 17th, 2013]

 

Youngjae drags me into the JYP building.  He asked me, after school, to come because he said he had a surprise for me.  He told me:

 

"Mondays are always your worst days. So I prepared a surprise to make today better,"

 

We run up the stairs, pass many rooms and go through different hallways.  After turning left and right, we finally stop in front of a closed door.  It was dark inside, probably meaning no one was there.  Youngjae swiftly turns around to face me.  He has a huge smile on his face.

 

- "What?" I giggle.

- "I promise you, you'll love this room," Youngjae reassures me, although I was never really doubting him.

 

He opens the door, turns on the lights and an upright piano appears in my sight.  The piano was already open and there were music sheets already place on the music rack.  My eyes widen and my jaw drops slightly.   

 

"Do you remember, before I left, I used to play the piano for you?" Youngjae reminds me.  I nod, turning to him.  "Shall we replay that memory?"

 

I remember, a long time ago, Youngjae would play songs on the piano for me.  Sometimes, he would sing too.  On some occasions, he would ask me to do a duet with him.

 

I slowly place a smile on my face and nod once again.  We enter the room and Youngjae sits down in front of the piano.  I stand beside him and he looks through the papers.  He pulls out a paper from behind the others and places it in front of himself.  His fingers rest on the keys for a moment, as he takes a deep breath.  He starts playing a nice tune.  The sound of the music is beautiful.  I stare at Youngjae for a bit.  His eyes are focused on the piano and the piano sheets.  His hands move gracefully, playing every note with much feeling.  The song is making me do exactly what the title says: Remember.

 

I remember that time when I first saw Youngjae.  I remember the way he smiled cutely at me before I left the park.  But I also remember BamBam's sweet gestures the first time he and I met.  When he offered to help treat my wound.

 

I'm reminded of that moment when I opened the locket for the first time and finding a photo of Youngjae inside.  But I'm also reminded of the time BamBam gave the same necklace back to me after I lost it.  That night when I got to know more about the boy through dinner.

 

And I can still picture the time Youngjae walked me home, after spending the whole day together.  That was his last day in Korea, before he left.  But the image of BamBam walking me home comes to mind as well.  When we spent our afternoon together at the movies.

 

That same day was when Youngjae came back.  But it was also the day BamBam and Youngjae met each other for the first time.  The day life changed and became a little bit different.

 

I think of that day at the amusement park, when Youngjae bought and won a lot of things for me.  But I also think of the time I eavesdropped on Yugyeom and BamBam's conversation.  When Yugyeom was talking about the feelings BamBam had for me.

 

Every time I try to stay focused on Youngjae, thoughts of BamBam start butting in.  It's really annoying because I'm trying to keep my mind on Youngjae as I am with him.  Why can't I just think of Youngjae and only Youngjae? Why do they have to fight, even in my head?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [[This is so you can let the song end before continuing]]

 

Youngjae plays the last note then I applaud.  He smiles at me and thanks me for the approval.  He then looks through his papers again, pulling one out after searching for awhile.

 

- "For the next song, you're going to sing it with me," Youngjae tells me, positioning his fingers on the right keys.

- "Huh? Wait, what are we–" I get cut off by the sound of a familiar tune that starts playing.  I recognize the song as one we sang before.

 

Lucky

 

Youngjae then starts singing.

 

~Do you hear me, I'm talking to you

Across the water across the deep blue ocean

Under the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying~

 

I then proceed to singing the next part, still remembering the lyrics.

 

~Boy, I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard~

 

Youngjae and I sing together.  Him occasionally looking at me with a smile, and me smiling back at him.

 

~~Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

They don't know how long it takes

Waiting for a love like this

Every time we say goodbye

I wish we had one more kiss

I'll wait for you, I promise you, I will

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

Lucky we're in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home someday~~

 

~And so I'm sailing through the sea

To an island where we'll meet

You'll hear the music fill the air

I'll put a flower in your hair~

 

~Though the breezes through the trees

Move so pretty you're all I see

As the world keeps spinning round

You hold me right here right now~

 

~~Lucky I'm in love with my best friend

Lucky to have been where I have been

Lucky to be coming home again

I'm lucky we're in love in every way

Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed

Lucky to be coming home someday

Ooohh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh

Ooooh ooooh oooh oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh~~

 

I can't help but think of how much this song reflected our lives before.  Before someone came along.  Before our lives changed and we were no longer only two.  Before the part 'I'll wait for you' was no longer valid.

 

Youngjae and I laugh after finishing the last line.  We haven't sung that song in a really long time.  So much has changed since then.

 

"I see your English has gotten better," I say while ruffling Youngjae's hair a bit.

 

Although my English pronunciation is not the best, I can tell when someone pronounces correctly.  I could say my English is pretty good.  Not to mention, I'm ranked the third best in my English class.

 

- "Yah. Watch the hair. I don't want it to get tangled," Youngjae hits my hand away and fixes his hair.

- "Oh so you're worrying about your appearance now?" I tease.  He then proceeds to messing up mine.

- "Would you like it if I did it to you?" he questions.

 

Honestly, I don't really care how my hair looks.  But I do want to start a hair messing war.  I look at Youngjae annoyingly.

 

"Yah!" I yell at him.  He gets up to run away and I go after him.

 

I try many times to reach up to at least touch the top of his head, but he dodges each time.  Instead, he disorders my hair.  After awhile, I just jump on his back to disarrange his.

 

- "Yah! Your so heavy! Get off!" Youngjae shouts at me jokingly, trying to get shake me off.

- "What do you mean 'heavy'? You're the one who's weak," I fight back.  We start laughing, until a loud pound on the door is heard.  We look at the closed door.

- "Come in," Youngjae utters.  The door then opens, revealing BamBam.  I slide off Youngjae's back and fix my hair.  We both stare at the boy confusingly.

- "JB hyung is looking for you," BamBam directs to Youngjae with an emotionless expression.

- "Ah arraseo (okay)," Youngjae says then faces me.  "You stay here," he tells me.  He turns around to walk away.

- "Wait," I stop him and I chuckle.  He turns back around and looks at me bewilderingly.  "Your hair,"

 

I pull him closer and make him bend down slightly.  I style his hair to how it looked like previously.  When I finish, I smile and he thanks me.  He then does something unexpected.  He reaches for my neck, and brings my head closer.  Youngjae kisses my forehead and then retracts with a smile.  I look at him, wide eyed.

 

"I'm coming back, arraseo?" he reassures me but I barely listen.  He leaves and I still wonder why he did that.  Until I realize...

 

We had audience.

 

BamBam was still standing at the doorstep.  He was looking away, but I knew he witnessed everything.  I do find Youngjae's actions very sweet, but I feel bad for BamBam.

 

He's at it again.

 

Youngjae is fighting for the place again.  He's trying to make BamBam jealous.  And it's working.  The way BamBam pierces his soul with his eyes as he walks through the hallways... Well I would say it's kind of scary.  Even more than a few days ago.  Because now BamBam knows about his own feelings; so the battle is not one-sided anymore.  And maybe, just maybe, he knows about my feelings too.  This makes it even harder for me to keep up with.  This "mental fight" would be as tough as interceding in a physical one.  I don't think I can handle it.

 

- "What were you doing here... with him?" BamBam snaps me out of thought.  He still isn't looking at me.

- "Um... well you know... stuff," I answer vaguely after a moment.  I push the piano bench back into place as I wait for him to say something.

- "Like what?" BamBam questions as he enters the room.  The door closes behind him as he walks towards me.  I face him, but I don't look at him.

- "We were just fooling around. Nothing much," I respond.  He stays quiet for a little.

- "Do you miss fooling around with us? As in, the guys and me?" he asks.

- "Well, I guess I do. I mean, why wouldn't I?" I say and look up at him.  His eyes meet mine.

- "But you're always with Youngjae sunbae," he mumbles as he looks away.

- "That's because he's my best friend, BamBam. Of course I would spend a lot of time with him," I try to reason.  He swiftly turns around.

- "But you don't have to be together all the time. It's just not fair! I barely get to talk to you privately anymore," he tells me.

- "I'll try to figure out something, arraseo? So we can spend time with each other again," I reassure, but it isn't convincing.

- "Yunhee, you've said that many times before. And it hasn't happened yet," BamBam reminds me.

- "I know, I know, but Youngjae keeps asking me to do things with him. He's actually making my daily schedule kind of hectic," I explain.  He turns around again, taking hold of my shoulders.

- "But we are always asking you to do things with us too! And you always choose him over us!" he starts to raise his voice.

- "Mianhe," I apologize, trying not to make eye contact with BamBam.

- "I know you like him but why do you have to always choose him over me," he shuts his eyes tight, hanging his head low but still holding my shoulders.

 

My feelings.  He remembers?  Of course he does.  But does he know that I like him too?

 

The way he used the word 'me' instead of 'us' in that sentence makes it more clear.  The whole time, he wasn't meaning the guys and him.  He was actually thinking about himself.  He was thinking about his feelings.  And that thought surfaced and was blurted out because he's loosing control.  I pity him.  I really do.  But I can't manage to move.  I don't know why, but I just can't.  I want to hug him, tell him I'm truly sorry... But I can't.  My body is frozen, just staring at the boy with sorrowful eyes.

 

"He always gets to spend time with you. He is never left alone. He always has your attention," BamBam mumbles.

 

He lifts his head and looks straight into my eyes.  His face is close, so I can see that his eyes are watery.  

 

"Can't I spend more time with you? Can I not be left alone?" he shouts while pushing my shoulders.  "Can't I have more attention?"

 

He pushed me towards the piano, and I'm practically hitting it with my back.

 

- "BamBam, you're hurting my back," I whisper.  He doesn't hear me though.  He doesn't notice the piano either.  He continues to push my shoulders.

- "You always look at him with eyes that light up and you always beam with joy when you're next to him," he goes on.

 

If only he saw how I looked at him.

 

"Why can't you look at me that way too!?" BamBam yells.

 

He pushes my shoulders once again, but with much more force this time.  My hands end up hitting the keys, making unpleasant sounds.  My back hit the piano really hard, causing much more pain.  Hearing the loud noises coming from this room, someone bursts into the room.  BamBam looks in that direction and lets go of me.  I fall to the ground and I feel tears stinging my eyes.

 

- "What's going on here?" I hear a voice.  With my blurry vision, I can make out two figures: JB and Youngjae, maybe.  But I'm not sure.  I close my eyes and hang my head low, just like how BamBam was doing a few minutes ago.

- "I...I," BamBam stutters but doesn't finish.  After a moment of silence and realization of his actions, he runs out of the room.

- "BamBam, wait!" Jaebum's voice fades away, as he probably goes after him.

 

Footsteps come closer to where I sit.  Youngjae sits down next to me and wraps his arms around me.

 

- "Gwaenchanhayo (are you okay)? Tell me what happened," Youngjae says.

- "Gwaenchanha (I'm alright). Nothing happened," I lie.

- "You expect me to believe that? What's wrong?" he asks.

- "I don't want to talk about it," I answer.  I stand up, having a hard time doing so, but making it seem as normal as possible.  "I'm going to go home now,"

- "Do you want me to walk you there?" Youngjae worries.

- "Ani (no). I want to have some time alone," I tell him and walk out the room.

 

This is one of the worst Mondays I've had.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!... again.  Well I thank you for reading this!  I hope you can take this poll to let me know in which direction this story is going.  Thank you again!!

I hope you have/had a wonderful time with the people around you!  See you in 2015! Bye!

God bless!

 

I don't own links, pictures or songs/videos.