Bringing together

More than Two

Chapter 12: Bringing together

 

[Saturday June 8th, 2013]

 

I don't like this situation I am in.  Others would probably love to be in my place.  Because having two guys fight to be with you seems great.  You feel like you're special.  You are capable of having all the attention of the two.  You feel like you're the greatest because two people want to be by your side.  But it's not as cool as it seems.  Actually, it's not fun at all.  I get pressured because I don't know who I should pick.  It can't be more than two people, so I have to choose one to be with me.  But I'm torn between the two.  And in addition to all that, my head hurts because of all the action that already happened.  I can only sit here and try to calm my heart in the process.

 

What am I suppose to do?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's already been a while that these two boys have been fighting.  Not physically but verbally and mentally.  I have been contemplating on this situation and watching many arguments happen.  And finally, I've made my decision.  I've chosen the perfect one.  I've chosen the person that will laugh with me in the ups and hold my hand during the downs.  I've chosen the one who I know won't leave me in the end.  I've chosen the guy who will catch me when I fall and then help me back up on my feet.  I've chosen the one and only......... Kim Yugyeom.  You might be wondering why I didn't choose Youngjae or BamBam.  But I have been having these strange feelings when I look at Yugyeom.  As if he was the one I should have chosen since the beginning.  So I confidentially told him how I felt and I asked if he wanted to stay by my side.  And surprisingly, he smiled and he said yes.  What also caught me off guard is that he told me that he wanted to be with me too.

 

I never knew he was the type of guy who would like something stupid like me.  I always thought he was the kind to go for the better ones.

 

Nevertheless, I'm happy that I had the courage to walk up to him.  Because, at the moment, him seated next to me as we hold hands, feels right.  I feel safe with him.

 

"You excited?" Yugyeom asks me.

 

I only nod to answer.  I turn my head to look back.  And there are the two previously fighting boys who are now glaring at the guy beside me.  I chuckle at this sight.

 

- "Why are you guys so mad?" I ask.

- "Because I wanted to ride in the first car with you!" both Jinyoung and Jaebum whine at the same time.  They glare at each other and I laugh at them.

 

So I'm just taking a wild guess, but I believe you're very lost and confused at the moment.  You're most likely wondering what is going on.  To clarify things, Jr. oppa and JB oppa were fighting with each other to be with me in the first car of this roller-coaster we're in.  Instead of taking one of them, I chose Yugyeom because I felt as if it was a good idea to pick him instead.  I knew that he would laugh with me when the ride goes up, and holds my hand when it drops down.  I knew he wouldn't run away after the ride ends, but he would stay with me and talk about the fun we had.  I knew he would be a gentleman and help me up on my feet if I lose balance.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Woah! That was so fun! We have to go again!" Yugyeom suggests happily as we get off of the roller-coaster.

 

If you haven't figured out yet, Yugyeom, Jaebum, Jinyoung, BamBam, Mark, Jackson, Youngjae and I are at an amusement park.  Jooyeon is also supposed to be coming soon.  But anyway, I brought these boys here because I wanted them to become closer... but they don't know that.

 

- "Yeah but not now, Yugyeommie. I'm actually getting kind of dizzy," I say while struggling to walk straight.  Yugyeom holds my shoulder and guides me to the exit of the ride.

- "Careful," he warns me as I almost hit a pole.  He makes me sit down on a nearby bench.

- "Yunhee!" I hear someone call out, but I have trouble finding him.  In a matter of seconds, I feel a presence seated next to me.  "Gwaenchanhayo?" the person asks me.  I shake my head no, as I feel like I'm going to puke.  I put my hand over my mouth and lean frontwards.  "Yah! I told you it was a bad idea to eat before going on that roller-coaster!" he says finally.

- "Water please," I let out softly.

 

Someone hands me a bottle of water —I do hope it's from someone I know— and I drink haft of it.

 

- "Yugyeommie," I whine to the boy standing next to me.

 

I hold his hand and rest my head on his arm.  I close my eyes as I still feel dizzy.  After a moment, I feel someone slowly pull me towards themselves.  I open my eyes slightly, to finally see the person sitting next to me.

 

Choi Youngjae. How did I not realize it was you?

 

He rests my head is on his shoulder.  I smile to myself, thinking about how Youngjae was probably jealous of Yugyeom because I became clingy with him.  Plus, Yugyeom and I were in the same car on the roller-coaster.   My hand slowly lets go of Yugyeom's and I close my eyes again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

- "Where are you?" I ask.

- "I just past the candy store," Jooyeon answer at the other end of the line.

- "Okay, we'll wait for you. See you soon," I hang up.  I pass the cellphone to Mark.

- "Gomawo," I thank.

- "Is she here?" he questions, putting the device away.

- "Ne (yes). She should be with us soon," I respond.  The two of us start talking until Youngjae approaches us.

- "Here. I bought this for you," Youngjae hands me a cup of ice cream.  "I got cookie dough flavor because I know it's your favorite," he smiles sweetly at me.  I take the treat.

- "Gomawo Youngjae oppa!" I thank him and I start eating.

 

I slowly stop what I'm doing and I turn to look at Mark.  I the ice cream off my lips.  Mark is standing there, looking away from me.  I smile.

 

- "Mark oppa, do you want some?" I ask him.  He looks at me and nods slowly.  I scoop some ice cream in the plastic spoon and attempt to feed it to him.

- "Uh, wait. Mark sunbae, you can have mine. I didn't eat it yet," Youngjae hands him the ice cream cup.  Mark hesitates but takes it anyway.

 

I tried making the two have a proper conversation... but it was really awkward.  I sigh after awhile and focus my gaze on something else.  Well, more like someone else: I see BamBam standing a few feet away.  He seems kind of... angry? Upset?  Yugyeom is talking to him, but it doesn't seem like he's listening.

 

I wonder what's on his mind.

 

- "Yunhee? Are you listening to me?" Youngjae waves his hands in front of my face.

- "Huh? What? What's wrong?" I question, obviously confused and lost.

- "I asked if I can have a bit of that," he supposably repeats, as he points at the ice cream.  I nod and feed him some.

 

After the fourth or fifth bite that Youngjae swallows happily, Jooyeon appears.  We all greet her.  We chat for a few more minutes before we go play some games.  We head to the basketball game first, where Jackson and Mark play.  

 

"Wang means 'king' and the lion is the king of beasts! So I must get that lion!" Jackson points at the stuffed animal.  Everyone laughs at him.

 

After paying, they start to play.  The time ticks and Jackson is in the lead.  He seems very confident of himself.  He is winning by only a couple of points.  Only 15 seconds left on the clock.  Mark is catching up and eventually they are tied.  During the last few seconds, that are only enough time for one shot, Mark scores and Jackson.... misses.  Mark looks really proud and happy.  Jackson... well he just walks away.  While Mark chooses his prize, everyone else turns around and calls Jackson to come back.

 

- "Aniyo (no)! I can't have my lion anymore!" he yells, but he still starts to approach us.

- "Since when was it yours?" I whisper to myself.

 

Mark comes beside me and smirks.  I see him holding the stuffed lion. 

 

"Are you planning on giving it to him?" I ask quietly.  He smiles and nods.  "I got a plan," I say and whisper something in his ear.

 

After I finish explaining my plan, he smiles and I clear my throat.

 

- "Wow Mark oppa! That's a really nice lion you got there!" I emphasize the word 'lion', so Jackson can look in our direction.

- "Gomawo, I really find him cute. But I don't really need him.  I think I should give him to someone, but who?" he answers, referring to the lion as 'him'.

- "Mh... let me think... you should give him to–" I start.

- "ME! Give him to me!" Jackson interrupts my act and pushes past the JJ duo.  Mark and I exchange glances.

- "I don't know, will you take care of him?" I continue.  Everyone catches up on our act and snickers in the back.

- "YE (yes)! I'll take very good care of him! I promise!" Jackson insists.  He seems pretty serious about it.

- "Mh... Arraseo. You can have him," Mark hands him the plushy.  Jackson smiles brightly.  He gives it a hug and runs away.  The others follow.

 

Mark puts his arm around my shoulder.  We fist bump and then he ruffles my hair.  I wrap my arm around his waist and we tag along with the others.  We talk while walking, planning on going to buy some more food.

 

- "Yunhee! Come! I'm going to win a prize for you!" Youngjae comes towards us and pulls me away from Mark.

- "Um... well... I-I was going to–" I try to object, but Youngjae looks at me with his puppy eyes.  "Uh... arraseo," I agree.  I turn around and apologize to Mark, telling him that we'll go later.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Something is odd about Youngjae today.  He's been getting a lot of things for me: first, ice cream, then, a teddy bear, after he got me candy, as well as a necklace and he even bought me a meal.  I know he's nice to me, but he's not THAT kind.

 

- "Look at that!" Youngjae points at something.  "Do you want it? I can get it for you," he tells me.

- "Uh... look oppa, you don't need to buy all these things for me," I confess.

- "But I just want to make you happy," Youngjae pouts.

- "Well, there is something you can do that will make me even happier," I say to him.  He smiles and waits for me to continue.  "You can come with me to ride one of the roller-coasters," I suggest.

 

I know Youngjae isn't very fond of the heights and the twirls of roller-coasters.  The chances he says no are 80%.  But it's worth a shot.  There is still a 20% possibility he says yes.  That's a lot, if you think about it.

 

- "Well... I'm not sure about that," he starts. 

- "Oh please! P (short for Prince charming), just come! It'll be fun!" Jooyeon, who happens to have overheard our conversation, pleads.

- "But I–" Youngjae starts but gets pulled by the arm.  Not by me, but by Jooyeon.

- "Yah Youngjae-ah, just come," Jooyeon drops the nickname.

 

The others watch as Jooyeon drags Youngjae past them to a roller-coaster.  After understanding what was going on, they follow to join in the fun.  I'm about to catch up with them but realize Jackson turned around to head the other way.  I observe his actions.  He seems to be running away.  I smirk.

 

- "You! Where do you think you're going?" I shout at Jackson, who seems to have frozen in place.  I pull him by his shirt.

- "Ani (no)! I'm not going on that monster!" he ends up escaping but I grab the lion before he leaves.

 

He continues to run without realizing he didn't have his plushy.  After ending up really far, he stops.  He turns back —finally— and quickly comes back.  I swiftly pass the lion to JB.  He stares at it weirdly, wondering why I handed it to him.  Jackson suddenly appears.  He throws himself at his hyung, almost making them fall.

 

- "YAH! What are you doing!?" Jaebum yells.

- "Give it back!" Jackson says childishly and reaches for the object.  But he misses it.

 

Jaebum throws it behind him.  Jackson does not catch it.  But I do.  I run towards Youngjae, who was waiting in line with Jooyeon.  I pass it to him.  I see Jackson coming towards us so I hide behind Youngjae.

 

Hopefully this will make them closer...Somehow

 

- "Yah, give it back," Jackson orders as he slows down his pace.  He probably doesn't want to go hard on the younger.

- "Don't give it, oppa," I tell Youngjae from behind.

- "Don't listen to her. Just give it back," Jackson tries grabbing it but Youngjae is quick.  He waves it around, out of the older's reach.

- "I'm listening to the girl," Youngjae smirks.  Jackson smiles.

- "I like your confidence. But I'm older than you. You should listen to me," Jackson says in a friendly way.  He tries to get the toy but fails again.

 

It goes on for a bit and I smile at the scene.  My plan worked.  They seem like they're having fun.

 

I always knew Jackson was playful and friendly.  I remember the first time I met him he was very sweet.  Until we got really comfortable, then he started teasing me...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After going on a few more rides —and pulling Youngjae and Jackson with us because they were scared—, we decide to get some more refreshments.  I've made Jackson and Youngjae a bit closer already.  Well, I hope I did.  I'm not totally sure because when I asked Jackson what he thought of him, he said he still felt the same: he didn't really like him.  But it doesn't make much sense because he seems to be having nice conversations with Youngjae.

 

Jackson is really hard to understand.

 

I was able to make Mark and Youngjae talk for a bit.  But every time I would turn away to do something else, they would get really awkward again.  I'm beginning to wonder that they act that way because they are those type of people who have nothing to say to each other, or it's because Mark still doesn't appreciate Youngjae.

 

Well, I guess Mark oppa is just a quiet guy.

 

Bringing Jinyoung and Youngjae closer wasn't very difficult.  Since they knew each other already and Jr. didn’t hate Youngjae, it made my job easier.  It looked as if they were already good friends.  They had nice long talks together, and they seemed to be getting along.

 

Jinyoung oppa and his smooth words.  Of course it would go well.

 

With JB, everything went so quickly.  I didn't even get to make a move.  Jaebum was the one who voluntarily spoke to Youngjae.  With the others I had to find some way to get the two to be alone so they have no choice but to talk.  But with this guy, it was so simple!  I guess it's because he had no problems with Youngjae.

 

That's a sign that he'd be a good leader.

 

But with Yugyeom and BamBam, it was kind of problematic.  They kept on sticking with each other.  And of course they would just avoid Youngjae.  They really don't like him.  It makes me sad because Youngjae is a really kind guy.

 

If only they knew that...


Hey. First off, I'll just start by saying

I'M REALLY SORRY!  I TRIED TO FINISH THIS SOONER BUT THAT OBVIOUSLY DID NOT HAPPEN!

Secondly, because I love you people so much, I decided to do a DOUBLE UPDATE! Yeah, that's right, you're so special that I put some extra time into writing another chapter.

And finally, COMMENT because I love finding out what you think about my "writing skills". And subscribe... I guess, if you haven't yet.

Well, you can go read the next chapter now. If you don't then... I won't force you...

God bless!