Chapter 6

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“What happened? What happened? What happened? GAH! Tell me~” the Chinese cousins nagged him but he would just smile and blush at the thought of their date. “TELL US!”


“Shut up!” YI Fan shushed them as he pointed beside him where Jieun was taking a nap with her head over her arm. “We might wake her up.”


“She’s going to wake up sooner or later anyway, lunch is almost over….SO TELL US~!”


“Well…we went out on a date…we ate late lunch, went to an amusement park, ate again for dinner, then I took her home.” Yi Fan told them bluntly as his listeners’ jaws fell on the ground.


“You are so ed up.”


“So lame.”


“What should I do?” Yi Fan asked them.


“Well…at least you took her to a formal dinner. Did you?” Henry asked him but the taller shook his head.


“Nope, we just ate at a random restaurant somewhere. I don’t even remember the name.”


“The amusement park is cool too. Did you ride scary rides?” Amber asked him too.


“Nope. The scariest thing that we rode is the caterpillar.”


“And then you ate again?” the cousins asked in unison.


“Yes, pizza ice cream. She likes it.” Yi Fan proudly grinned.


“We don’t know what we should do about you…” Amber narrowed her eyes.


“What’s the problem with our date? It should be the thought that counts, right?” Jieun yawned and then rested her chin on her palm.


“Yeah, what’s wrong?” Yi Fan scoffed.


“You two are really something else.” Henry sighed and went to finally grab his bag. “It’s almost time for our next period, I’ll just go ahead.”


“That’s weird, you’re excited for our next class.”


“Not really, I just don’t want to puke, that’s all.” Henry mockingly told Yi Fan then walked away.


“I’ll go ahead too.” Amber also grabbed her things. “Bye!”


“Those two are really, really, really weird.” Yi Fan sighed as he copied Jieun’s position while facing her.


“Why didn’t you just tell them that we didn’t go on a date because I was too sick to go out?”


“Because…they may think I am lying and that I just chickened out OR they will force us until we go out again.” Jieun hummed and nodded.

 

 

Yi Fan waited outside Jieun’s home while holding a bouquet of flowers. He knows Jieun doesn’t really need to be impressed by those flowers, but he still wanted to. He even prepared for his clothes and fixed his hair neatly to look more dashing in her eyes. It was the first time he was really trying to impress a girl, and he knew it would be worth it. They might be in the modern world, but he never wanted girls to throw their selves over men.


Finally gathering his courage, he took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell three times. Usually, it wouldn’t even take a minute before someone opens the door for him but no one answered, not even a sign of life inside the house. He pressed again and again until he lost hope. He was kind of depressed and felt betrayed, but also kind of nervous in an odd way.


“You said you’re free today. You promised.” Yi Fan sighed and just left the flowers in front of the door, sulking while walking back to his car.


“Yi Fan…” Jieun finally opened the door before he could even go into his car. Her voice was so soft and weak but Yi Fan still heard her. As he turned around, he saw how pale and how weak looking she was. She was even rubbing her arms as if she was really cold, causing Yi Fan to run back to her as fast as possible. “I really don’t think I can go. I’m sorry…” she croaked out. was dry and her head was so heavy and pounding that she felt she could collapse anytime. And so she did, her eyes rolled back and fell towards him, luckily, he was still fast enough to catch her.


“J-Jieun?!” he tapped her face lightly to check on her consciousness, but he just felt her burning temperature. Jieun did open her eyes for awhile but her body couldn’t do anything. She felt so sore and numb at the same time that she can’t move. If only not for the constant ringing of her doorbell, she would’ve stayed in her bed all day long. Without wasting time, Yi Fan carried her back to her room. “What do you feel? Do you need anything? Do you want me to bring you to the hospital? Is there anything that you want to eat?”


“I’ll be fine, it’s just a fever…but I’m hungry though, anything will do.”


“Alright…I-I’ll get something…” Yi Fan said as he tucked her in bed. Jieun faintly nodded and started running around the house, looking for food and medicine. If only he didn’t spend time in her house, along with Henry and Amber, he wouldn’t really know where to look and where to go for necessities. “What am I even doing? I don’t know how to cook!” he grunted and ruffled his hair before closing the refrigerator. Having an idea, he just called for food deli

Please log in to read the full chapter