Chapter 2

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was already lunch and finally, the students finally get to breathe and relax for an hour. Amber did not waste time and pulled her new friend with her to the cafeteria. There they found the two elder, and their food, waiting for them.


“Guess who our block leader is…It’s Jieun!!!” Amber excitedly told the two men in front of him as she sat down beside his cousin. Jieun on the other hand sheepishly slipped next to Yi Fan who was busily devouring in his food. The other three might be happy about the good news but Jieun wasn’t. She never wanted any attention and definitely not additional responsibilities especially if it involves interaction with people she does not even know. But it was all too late, she has already been elected.


“I don’t want it and they’re obviously trying to make fun of us.” Jieun huffed and pushed her glasses up her nose. She was annoyed, and had already expected the racism and stereotypes, despite being in an international school, but it was still getting on her nerves. To ease her anger, she just dug on her food and pull out a book from her bag.


“You’re right. They even called us ‘lesbian couple’ as soon as we stepped inside the room!” Amber added.


“Well, there are still more to come…but be thankful that you’re my friends and all that they can do is whisper but not the real thing.” Henry told them cockily, earning scoffs from Amber and Yi Fan.


“Why? Are you a powerful person or something?”  Jieun asked innocently as Yi Fan and Amber started laughing.


“At least that’s what he thinks he is.” Yi Fan made fun of his friend. Jieun’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape before she shrugs and started reading her book.


“Why do you have so many books? It’s just the first day of class.” the three asked her in unison.


“Reading relaxes my mind.” She simply told them without even looking at them. Her concentration was already at the book and not the people around her.


“She’s like that ever since the first period. One question, one answer, that is how our conversation works.” Amber whispered to the two guys but Jieun still heard her.


“Amber, I can hear you…”


“Sorry, but you know…you should talk just a little more. You know we’re here…you know…with people…who talks.” Jieun straightened up and closed her book. Of course she can talk but it was only to prevent any awkward situation, especially with new people like them.


“What do you want to know?” Jieun asked them—more like challenged them.


“What’s your full name?”

“Where are you from?”

“How old are you?”

“How did you get in here?”

“Where do you live?”

 “Do you already have a boyfriend?”
 

“I am Jang Jieun from Seoul, South Korea. I’m 18 years old and I currently live just 5 blocks away from this school. I came here to study, obviously, I passed the test. And nope, I don’t have a boyfriend.” Jieun told them bluntly. “I feel like I entered Miss Korea with your questions.”


“W-w-wait, whoa, wait! You don’t have a boyfriend?” Yi Fan asked, bewildered, and she shook her head. His heart jumped a bit in happiness upon knowing that she was not in a relationship, but it was still surprising. “But you had a boyfriend before?” she was blushing really mad but still shook her head.


“Do I have a chance? Please say yes, please say yes.” Henry held both of her hands and pressed it against his cheek.


“NO!” she suddenly exclaimed and pulled her hands back. Amber and Yi Fan almost fell on their seats while laughing at his second rejection from Jieun, but the latter saw the hurt and embarrassment in Henry’s eyes. She had rejected a lot of men before but it always had an impact on her. “I-I-It’s just that…that thing…never crosses my mind…and…uhh…I-I d-don’t think I’m r-ready…yet.” She reasoned.


“Attention all students. All afternoon classes will be suspended today to give way for the General Assembly at 1pm. All students are required and the attendance will be posted. Thank you.”


“Can’t we be excused?” Yi Fan groaned and slumped down on his seat while Henry agreed to him while pouting. Jieun started reading quietly again as the other three kept on bickering and talking non-stop. Jieun did not really want to be alone but talking is not really her kind of thing. They all have at least 30 minutes left before the assembly starts and they all took their sweet time filling their stomachs.


“Aren’t you going to eat? I’m going to have it.” Amber told Jieun but the latter glared at her. Henry was sneaking his hands on her plate when he saw how she looked at Amber. “OW!” his face suddenly changed when Jieun slapped his hand really hard.


“Mine!” she scooted further away from them and gets on eating her food. The three watched her be immersed in her own world as they think of ways to get her to talk more and open up with them. They know Jieun can be independent

Please log in to read the full chapter