Chapter 17

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Unnie, I’m going back to Korea. I just think it’ll be better that way, it even seemed that Yi Fan wouldn’t really be coming back anymore.” Jieun tried to fight her tears while talking to her nanny.


“How about your studies?”


“I’ll just finish this term, and finish my last year in Korea.” She forced a smile.


“Are you just going to give up on him?” Jieun glared at her. For the first time, Jessica felt scared and bad at the same time. Jieun might always be a little serious around her, but she was never scary.


“He gave up first! He just left me hanging! He just made sure I was in love with him before he left!” Jieun suddenly snapped. “I should’ve just listened to what others say!”


“Jieun, you should know better! You’re the one who’s closer to Yi Fan! Think about it…If you trust him, you’ll believe in him. If he said he’ll be back, he means it.”


“What if he doesn’t? It will just make me feel more stupid. And this place just makes me remember the biggest mistake I ever did.”


“Is that what you really want? Then do whatever makes you happy.” Jessica gave up and Jieun bit her lip in guilt. She was even doubtful is she really wanted to leave, but her heart was telling her not to.


“Two weeks after the end of the semester, if he does not come back then it’s bye-bye Canada.” Jieun sighed and Jessica was a little contented with her decision.


It was almost the end of the term, just a few days left, still nowhere to be seen. Every day, Jieun still kept on hoping…hoping that Yi Fan’s at least safe, and that he’ll come back as soon as possible. She called him non-stop but his phone was out of reach, she went to his home, but he wasn’t there. Even his neighbors didn’t know where he actually went.


Every night, cried feeling the pain in her heart. She trusted him but then he’ll just leave without even saying anything. If he truly loved her, he should’ve said what was wrong, call her, or even text her. It was the most painful thing she has experienced and she does not even know what to do anymore. She had loved him already but he just vanished right in front of her eyes.


Finally stepping her foot back to her homeland, she faced a new set of challenges…without Yi Fan. Without anyone’s help and just like what she did before when she first went to Canada. Hopefully, no one will dare try to hurt her, and she wouldn’t let anyone do it to her anyway.


Jieun was thankful that Mr. Jang was supportive of every decision she makes. Including her decision to just finish her studies in Korea and he did not even really ask anymore. The only reason was Mr. Jang let her decide for her own sake. Mistakes are always accepted but she has to learn. In less than a month, she had already enrolled in a new school where she met Miyoon.


Miyoon was almost exactly like the Chinese cousins. No matter how much Jieun tried to not think of them, she can’t help but to see her old friends in Miyoon. Even the way they meet was almost the same. Miyoon was the one who approached her first, being the new girl in school. She was the one who gets her out of her books and nags her to enjoy life.


“Have you ever had a boyfriend before? Many guys are eyeing you, don’t you even at least like one of them?” Miyoon asked out of the blue and which caught Jieun off guard. She deeply thought for her answer. Yi Fan was the only one who made her feel so loved and fluttered, the one whom she loved, but then she wanted to forget. “So, what’s your story? I think there’s a guy but then something happened…”


“Are you a mind reader or something? Or a stalker?”


“I don’t read minds. Your expressions says it all, so spill.”


“I almost had one. Uhh, there was this guy…he courted me then he left without saying anything. I expected calls, text, e-mails, but nothing.” Her voice softened as she told Miyoon her story.


“The ‘almost guy’”, Miyoon giggled. “Don’t be sad. It’s quite good that he left you, I’m sure you’re going to find someone better. That guy does not deserve your love at all.” Miyoon proudly told her friend. She knows Jieun needs understanding and not sympathy. “Why don’t you try to entertain other guys? You know, to keep your mind off him…”


“No thanks. I don’t trust men anymore since the only guy I trusted was my father, Grandpa, and…never mind. At least books and my knowledge won’t backstab me.” Jieun forced a chuckle.


“Hey baby~” a man suddenly popped out of nowhere and kissed Miyoon’s cheek with a smooching sound. “Surprise!”


“Oh my gosh, Baozi!” Miyoon squealed and kissed her boyfriend back. “I missed you~ How was your trip to China? Oh, have a seat. By the way, this is my classmate-slash-friend Jieun, Jieun this is my boyfriend, Xiumin.”


The two strangers looked at each other while tilting their heads.


“Jang Jieun?”

“Minseok oppa?”


 The two said in unison before their lips broke into a huge grin and Xiumin excitedly hugged a long lost friend.


“You know each other?” Miyoon questioned. Then the two nodded in unison.


“She was my schoolmate during middle school…before I met you in high school.” Xiumin cooed and went back to his own girlfriend. “As I was saying…I just came home, from China, where I picked-up another recruit.”


“That’s so bad, what’s his case this time?” Miyoon asked and Jieun somewhat felt out of place as the couple talked and acted sweetly in front of her.


“Same thing as the others. I just hope he’s the last though.” Xiumin sighed. “By the way, he’s Chinese, but

Please log in to read the full chapter