Chapter 10

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“WHAT?!?” Jieun shrieked. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! And when are you planning to actually tell me this?!”


Her instincts had already told her that something will happen. Every time there’s a good thing happening, the next one will be bad. For that case, Jieun and Yi Fan were finally in good terms again, but she just found out the cousins has already a plan on leaving.


“Uhh, what are you talking about?” the cousins asked her back nervously. They were conversing in Chinese about their plans and Jieun understood it. They really never expected her to learn that fast especially that they were just together for 3 semesters and haven’t taken any Chinese subjects at all.


“Do you want to surprise me?! Well it’s all not a surprise anymore!” Jieun fumed even more. “And don’t you dare lie to me!”


“No, please don’t cry.” Amber pouted and pulled her friend into a hug. “I’m sorry.”


“When are you really telling me this? When the day you’re about to leave?!”


“Who told her?” Henry asked Yi Fan in their native language.


“I don’t know. I was teaching her the basics so she must’ve understood what you two are talking about.” Yi Fan defended himself and even put his hands up in defeat.


“No one told me. I can already understand everything.” Jieun childishly pushed Amber away from her. “I hate you guys, really. And you, you also know about this?!” she pointed a finger to Yi Fan.


“I did, but I have no right to tell you. They are the ones who have to leave, not me.” Yi Fan sighed. He knows how upset she was and it won’t be easy to just let her friends go.


“We just don’t know how to tell you. We’re sorry.” Henry made a cute face towards her.


“So, when and why exactly are you leaving?” Jieun calmed down, but her tone was saddest thing they have heard.


“Well our parents are also business partners and you know, they have to travel to get more investments and blah, blah, blah.” Henry ruffled his hair in frustration. Jieun wasn’t really the only one who’s sad at the idea of them leaving. They were already in Canada for a few years already, made great friends, and majority of their best memories were made there.


“We’re going to Paris and we only have until the end of the school year before we leave. And actually, our parents were already there so we’re the only two left in the house.” Amber told them sadly.


“W-We still have a few more months, right?” Jieun sheepishly told them and all of them sadly smiled.


Later that night, they started their bonding time. They all went out more frequently and made sure every moment were treasured even though they hang out multiple times. They know they will always have a chance to see each other again but it might take time.


It was quite easy for them to say goodbye but not for Jieun. They were the only friends she had and the only people who made her feel so welcomed. They were already special for her. She was an outcast, an introvert, but they still got her to be more sociable and more ‘likeable’ to others. They brought her personality out and Jieun was quite thankful to them. The cousins even made her ridiculous things, like doing cute expressions, singing, and a lot more, includ. They may be annoying, but she’s going to miss them…definitely.


“Hey!! Jieun!” Amber knocked on her forehead and then pushed the bowl of popcorn in her hands. “You’re thinking too much. We must enjoy this night, right?”


“Yeah, of course.” Jieun smiled. The last night before the cousins finally leave and last chance for them to get together. They all decided to just have a sleepover at Amber and Henry’s house and they will all go together at the airport the very next day. The cousins already said goodbye to their other friends but chose to spend their very last day to their closest friends.


“Why do we have to share while you two have your own bowls?!” Yi Fan whined. The cousins were on the floor while Yi Fan and Jieun were on the couch.


“Psh. As if it’s really a big deal, besides she’s your girlfriend anyway.” Henry told them as he kept on watching.


“I am not!”

“She’s not!”


The two blurted out in unison and high-fived.


“At least not yet.” The cousins said at the same time as well then bumped their fists with triumphant smirks on their faces. Yi Fan and Jieun just shut
their mouths by stuffing popcorn. Yi Fan shrugged and scooted closer to her which made her a little uncomfortable.


“Don’t be scared, I’m just getting my share of popcorn.” He smiled then grabbed a handful of the treat. “If only these two would make more then we don’t have a problem.” Yi Fan threw a piece and perfectly hit Henry’s head.


“You should actually be thankful for me, don’t you think?” Henry retorted and threw back the popcorn. They were all too focused on the movie that they really didn’t notice Jieun’s head banging while also trying to eat popcorn.


Jieun was trying to be awake for the whole night but then she can’t stand staying up so late and ended up head banging. She was trying to put another piece of the snack in but her mind was already slowly shutting down. Yi Fan was the first to notice her and snickered.


“Yi Fan, seriously, I’m really sleepy…” Jieun moaned as Yi Fan sighed while letting her rest her head on his chest and wrap an arm around her. She didn’t mind, instead, she was comfortable and fell asleep in a short whil

Please log in to read the full chapter