Chapter 9

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It has been days ever since Jieun was avoiding Yi Fan. Not only her but even Amber and Henry went cold towards him, while his so-called friends were so cool as if nothing really happened. He even tried approaching all of them just to apologize but it was so hard, especially when it comes to Jieun. The cousins had tried to understand his situation and eventually forgave him.


“You know what boils my blood? It is when we were actually protecting her from all the guys and yet you are the one who’s just going to…how do I put this? Uhh, taint her innocence!” Henry fumed with anger.


“I was drunk!” Yi Fan tried to defend but the cousins just sighed.


“Don’t blame the alcohol or your friends. It is still your fault.” Amber told him. “And you actually know what’s worse? It’s the girl’s first kiss!”


“.” Yi Fan groaned and ruffled his hair. He can’t really take the guilt anymore. Henry was right, they were supposed to treasure Jieun and not just treat her like the other girls. “Where is she right now?”


“I don’t know actually. But don’t you think this is not a good time for her?” Amber said.


“I’m going to apologize no matter what, right time or not.” Yi Fan then stood up coolly, but all his insides already wanted to melt in shame. He still can’t get the image of Jieun crying right in front of him. It felt so bad, and it actually makes him feel worse especially that he was the one who was the cause of those tears.


Yi Fan found her sitting on her favorite spot. She was supposed to be studying, but she was just zoning out. She was tapping her pen on her book, and looking right ahead. He has known her well and with just one look, he already has an idea on what would happen.


“Jieun…” his voice cracked upon saying her name. She looked up and saw his gloomy face, quickly avoiding his eyes.


“I have more things to do.” Jieun told him and immediately fixed her things, as fast as she can.


“Jieun, I’m really sorry.” He spat out with sincerity but Jieun does not seem to listen. “I did not know what I was exactly doing…I don’t really have any excuses, it’s my fault.”


“What can your sorry do? It’s been done. I was already humiliated Yi Fan.” She rolled her eyes and walked back to their classes. The same pain she felt the camping night came back to her, and she was trying to blink back the tears.


“Jieun, please. I’m really sorry.”


“After what you have done, you expect me to accept your apology in a snap?” Jieun scoffed. Yi Fan has never seen that side of Jieun, and he felt so scared that he just added fuel to the fire. He kept on running after her for she was really trying to avoid him, but it does not mean he would give up already.


“I really am not expecting you to forgive me, but at least let me explain.”


She stopped on her tracks, “What is there to explain? I know everything. You were drunk, your friends challenged you, and then you kissed me. I am not that stupid to know that.” She was about to start walking away from her again when he stopped her by wrapping his arms around her.


“I know and I just wanted you to know how sorry I am.”


“Yi Fan…” she removed from his grip and turned around to face him with a softer look on her face. She was hurting even more when Yi Fan acts so sweet towards her, and she can’t take it anymore. “I was so disappointed in you to be honest. I just thought you weren’t an like you said you used to be.”


“Jieun, I’m really—”


“To be honest, I don’t really care about the whole kiss. But the way you made me feel so awful and like some kind of trophy, that’s what I am really getting upset about. I just wanted to be at least respected but you…you did the opposite.” She shook her head disapprovingly as Yi Fan becoming smaller and smaller with every word she says. “One more thing, if you can’t give me that tiny little bit of respect then let’s just stop this courting, dating, whatever thing.”


“Please don’t say that Jieun.”


“Stop liking me since you are just wasting your time.” His heart clenched at her words.  She just left without even waiting for him to respond and he even just let her go. As soon as she turned her back, her tears finally fell and tried her very best not to make the other students notice her.


Jieun has been planning to tell him what she actually felt but instead of taking loads off her heart, she felt worse. Yi Fan however, accepted everything she said and reflected on his own as well. He was still determined to court her, and give her the respect she deserves.


“Why did you have to be so stupid?” he groaned and slapped his face.


“But stupid doesn’t mean you have to give up already. We have to plan this thoroughly.” Henry patted his shoulder and dragged him to their next class.


Jieun’s eyes were quite swollen when she went back home. Every time that she was spending some time alone, her tears wouldn’t stop from falling. Even her own chaperone couldn’t say anything, and just tried her best calming the younger. The chaperone is only tasked to take care of her, and protect her, not to intervene with her personal life.


Even the weather was matching her mood. It wasn’t even supposed to be raining but it did, and Jieun could only look out and feel down even more.


“Jieun, someone is here to visit you.” The chaperone then gave her a look that it was someone Jieun doesn’t really want to see but still pulled it off with a smile. She sighed and was about to say no when the perso

Please log in to read the full chapter