Chapter 12

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Ever since Yi Fan’s birthday, he had been extra sweet, not that Jieun minded. She liked all the attention he was giving her and she couldn’t wish for more. He was caring and understanding, just any girl would ask for a man. He even acts as if he had not seen her for years just after the weekends. If anyone sees them, they would immediately assume they were a couple but Yi Fan was just being nice and love struck.


“Hey~” Yi Fan greeted her as soon as she went out of her class before lunch. Yi Fan chose to wait for her instead of just meeting her at the cafeteria.


“What are you doing here? I thought I asked you to just wait for me—”


“Don’t mind me. Come on, I’m hungry~!” Yi Fan then grabbed her wrist and dragged her. “Aren’t you cold?” Yi Fan suddenly asked.


“I am but it’s alright.” Jieun smiled as her lips shivered slightly. Yi Fan clucked his tongue and removed his jacket to pass it to her.


“I don’t want any snot to fall out from your nose later. Germs are no-no in my car.” Yi Fan taunted her, earning a smack on his shoulder.


“I am not like that! I don’t get colds easily.” Jieun pouted but still laughed along with him.


His little jokes never fail to make her smile and that’s what his goal was. He shouldn’t stop making her happy especially that he was the only one who can make her feel welcome. Even Jieun had done special things for him. She was always helpful when it comes to her studies and even her support whenever he has a game was already too much. It was only her presence but it felt so special already.


“What? I know you like me but stop staring!” Jieun whined when she saw Yi Fan staring at him while they were eating. “It’s uncomfortable…”


“Ah, get used to it~” he taunted. Their conversation was interrupted when Tiffany suddenly went to their table and clung onto Yi Fan.


“Oppa, there will be a party this Saturday at my house, you will be there, right?” Tiffany said with a cutesy voice which made Jieun cringe. She just hoped Yi Fan wouldn’t think all Korean girls are like her. Her eyes bore holes into Tiffany’s head unintentionally and even thought of mean things to do to her.


“If Jieun’s invited too.” Yi Fan said smugly just so the other Korean girl would stop clinging on him. Tiffany glared at the girl across her then scoffed.


“Fine.”


“Excuse me, why are you clinging to him?” another girl entered the scene and pointed a finger to Tiffany. Jieun wasn’t even familiar with the new girl if ever she’s a student but all she knows she’s younger than everyone on the table but her aura was scarier than Tiffany.


“Why? He’s my oppa. Is there something wrong little girl?” Tiffany smirked and the other girl gasped. Jieun was too dumbfounded to even react, despite that Yi Fan was already getting crazy being torn between two girls.


“Krystal, just ignore her…” Yi Fan finally spoke to the new girl.


“Oppa? He’s even younger than you!” Krystal scoffed in Korean and saw the defeated face on Tiffany.


“And so what? He let me call him oppa since he loves me.” Tiffany clung again on his arms while Krystal gritted her teeth in annoyance.


“No he doesn’t! Look at his disgusted face!”


“Just stop, please.” Jieun finally stood up and talked to her fellow Koreans. “You don’t have to argue over him…H-H-he’s…He’s taken!” Jieun frowned and stepped in front of Yi Fan which made the two girls stop from bickering. She can already feel the eyes of the other students and of ever she said ‘he’s mine’, then she’s screwed.


“That’s it! You are no longer invited to the party!” The red haired girl stomped her feet childishly before running away from them.


“That is one hell of a clingy !” Krystal said as she was eyeing Tiffany. Her scary image then faded immediately as she turned to Yi Fan and smiled. “Oppa!” she jumped and hugged his neck tightly. “I missed you!”


“Me too!” Yi Fan grinned and returned her hug.


While watching the two, Jieun felt a sudden pang in her chest. She had never seen Yi Fan very affectionate to a girl, except for her and she somewhat felt envious. She was trying to convince herself that Krystal isn’t really a rival and is just a friend, but she can’t help her feelings, especially that Yi Fan’s attention were on Krystal.


“Where are Amber and Henry?” Krystal asked and even looked around at the whole cafeteria.


“They already left to Paris, didn’t they tell you?”


“What?! I came here for them but then they’re gone?” Krystal pouted and then her eyes went to Jieun. “Oh, hi. I’m Krystal.” She even waved her hands as if Jieun was some kind of a lost kid. Jieun forced a smile and said a very timid hi.


“She’s also our friend.” Yi Fan pulled Jieun closer thought it wasn’t enough to make her comfortable around Krystal. “What are you doing here anyway?”


“Oh, I was just here for a short visit but then my friends are all gone.” Krystal huffed.


“Uhh, you know what? Jieun and I are going out tonight, you might want to tag along.” Yi Fan asked her but Krystal immediately refused, in which Jieun was quite thankful.


“Maybe some other time. I might just ruin your date and I also want to spend time with my sister.” Krystal giggled at the thought.


“You should come with us. Yi Fan must have missed you so much.”


“Psh, as if that’s really going to happen.” Krystal punched Yi Fan’s arms. “Anyway, I think your lunchtime is already over so I should get going.”


“Do you already have somewhere to stay? Or you want me to take you home?”


“Yes! My sister works here, and the house is just around the area. I’ll be fine.” Krystal assured her, and for the umpteenth time, Jieun inwardly sighed in relief.


“Okay, just call me when you already want to go out.” Yi Fan told her and Krystal nodded.


“See you around~ Bye unnie~” she beamed to Jieun and Yi Fan as she went out of the cafeteria.


“What is unnie?” Yi Fan curiously asked Jieun as they went back to their classes.


“Older sister…only girls use that term.” she answered softly.


“Oh, yeah I remember. She used to call Amber unnie.” Yi Fan chuckled. “Krystal was very nice and she was our baby before she went back to Korea. Good times…Good times~”


Jieun can’t still take her mind off what happened earlier. She was even comparing herself to Krystal when she doesn’t really have to. The younger was pretty, and more outgoing than her. Krystal suits Yi Fan even more compared to Jieun…that’s what she thinks. But Yi Fan has different thoughts. He thinks that Krystal was just a little sister, and the most special girl

Please log in to read the full chapter