Chapter 8

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter
 

She was still thinking of how Yi Fan just left her without even saying where he would be or whatever he would do…or just even say bye.


“He’s not even your boyfriend. He has his own life.” She scoffed at her own thoughts and just opened an e-book on her phone.


“Captain has invited us to his ‘party’…” Henry told Jieun as they got inside the room, all refreshed and well cleaned.


“Go ahead and leave me too.” Jieun told them without even looking at them.


“That is just so dramatic.” Amber chuckled.


“Aww, why is our baby so sad? Want me to comfort you?” Henry lied down beside her and cuddled nearer to her.


“Please get off me.” Jieun told him sternly and with such a tone, Henry immediately unwrap his arms around her and sat up.


“So what is wrong?”


“Nothing.” Jieun kept her face straight…at least she tried but the cousins saw how her lips formed into a slight pout. They gave her questioning looks and finally told them the truth. “It’s because Yi Fan just left since your captain—whoever he is—called for him and then he just went out and left me alone.”


“Aww, she’s upset. Don’t worry, they’re just going for a drink and he still loves you.”


“Will you two please stop babying me? It’s annoying.” The cousins chuckled and grabbed the keys.


“Come on, they invited us, and that includes you.” Amber grabbed her hand and her phone almost fell on the cold floor, causing Jieun to glare at her. “Sorry about that…”


Jieun sighed, “But they did not even invite me. I’ll just crash their gathering…whatever, I’ll stay here.”


“It’s okay. Captain’s a good man, especially when he knows that you’re his favorite man’s girl…”


“Favorite what?” Jieun asked while raising an eyebrow.


“Just come with us. We won’t leave your side, I promise you that.” Amber told her and she finally tagged along.


Jieun seemed like a child being dragged into an adult party. The group who seemed to be the upperclassmen and Henry and Yi Fan’s classmates were all there. There were lots of snacks, and even drinks. They were so noisy and sitting on the ground, unwinding and having fun. Jieun admired their closeness, but she felt something was not right.


As soon as the crowd saw the trio, Henry and Amber were the only ones approached by the other students. They even had to introduce Jieun to them despite being already known as Yi Fan’s girl. Yi Fan, however, acted like she wasn’t even there and just spent some time with his own friends. Jieun just thought of positive things: he was spending too much time already with Jieun and must have to catch up with his friends…nothing to be upset about. She sighed.


“Just relax…they’re not going to eat you.” Henry whispered to her and she slyly smiled.


A few minutes had gone by and she saw how the group was getting drunk little by little. They were fun people and yet she knows she won’t fit in. She’s simply different. They were all glam and very sociable while she was just a wallflower, and very simple. Amber was the only one who really stayed by her side but always talking to others as well. Yi Fan has finally noticed her and sat beside her when he felt she was being neglected.


“Hey, I’m sorry earlier. Henry told me.” Yi Fan nudged her and gave her a glass of juice.


“I-I-It’s okay, and it’s nothing really.” Jieun saw how Yi Fan rolled his eyes and she scrunched her nose at the scene. “I hate you when you don’t believe me.”


“I was just playing with you.” Yi Fan chuckled and ruffled her hair.


“Hey~ our new couple is here~ let’s drink to that, why don’t we, huh Jieun?” one man walked towards them and Yi Fan suddenly stood up. “Come on man, it’s just a drink. For your muse~”


“Captain, she doesn’t drink. I’m sorry.”


“Just one drink wouldn’t hurt.” The captain poured some drink in a shot glass, and even by the way of pouring, Jieun knows he w

Please log in to read the full chapter