Chapter 7

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Why did I choose recreation as a PE again?” Amber sighed while waiting for the professors let them load the bus. Jieun was sitting between the cousins and was just waiting patiently…and quietly. Amber wanted to sleep more but their trip just had to be scheduled to leave early in the morning and start the activities right away.


“Because you wanted to go on trips?” Henry yawned and rested his head on Jieun’s shoulder.


“But I really never thought we’d travel this early~” she whined again and saw that it was just 3:30 am.


“Well, I am required to take this subject.” Henry said mindlessly.


“For me, I wanted to go out on trips since this will be the only chance I’ll get.” Jieun told them plainly. Her eyes may be twinkling in delight, and seemed excited for the trip, but there was a hint of sadness and regret in her voice.


“Why?” the two others asked interestingly.


“It’s because she chose studying for quizzes and doing home works rather than joining the fieldtrips. Instead of playing with other kids, she was already studying in advance.” Yi Fan suddenly butted in and pushed Henry’s head away from Jieun. Jieun forced a smile since everything Yi Fan said was right. She had already told them everything but it was only Yi Fan who seemed to remember whatever she said.


“It’s not too late though. This trip should be fun~!” Amber just told her excitedly.


“Students, you can all board the bus now.” Their professors told them and Jieun got pulled by the Chinese eagerly. They chose the seat at the very end of the bus just so they can sit altogether with Jieun taking the window seat.


“Finally, we can already sleep.” Amber finally stretched her arms and hugged her bag, using at as her pillow. Jieun just stayed quiet. She was excited but she was also tired and sleepy, just like everyone else.

‘Enjoy your trip Jieun~’


She received the message from Mr. Jang. She was just about to reply when her phone rang and answered it without hesitating.


“Your grandpa just called asking about you….The mosquito repellant is in the right side pocket of your bag, extra plastic bags are on the left. Get as much sleep as you can and eat well—”


“Unnie, don’t worry. I remember everything you told, no need to worry. And Grandpa has texted me as well.”


“Good.” She heard a sigh of relief at the other end of the line. “Just call me if you need anything.”


“Of course~”


“Okay, have a nice trip.”


“Thanks.”


Jieun smiled and pressed the end call button. She felt so treasured and comforted even being away from all the people who take care of her. She looked to her sides and already found the others sleeping to prepare their bodies for the weekend activities the professors had prepared for them. Jieun leaned back and just closed her eyes as well, letting her mind wander in dreamland.


Yi Fan suddenly woke up when he heard a soft thud beside him. It was already 5 in the morning and they still had at least 30 minutes to reach their camp. He looked at Jieun beside him and saw her rubbing her forehead sleepily. The thud he heard must have come from Jieun who hit her head on the window. He silently chuckled as he led her head towards his shoulder to make her feel comfortable. His lips twitched into a bigger smile when Jieun hugged his arm and used it as her pillow. For the whole time, Yi Fan did not even have the chance to sleep again. Jieun’s presence was so comforting and he somewhat was filled with energy.


“We’re here.” The professor in charge in their bus woke them up. “You still have an hour to have breakfast and rest before we start activities, so make the most out of it!”


Jieun woke up and did not even realize that she was holding onto Yi Fan even until they got out of the bus. The students scrambled out of the bus as they to their respective rooms. They were already briefed days before the camp and Jieun even had to take notes so she will know what to do on the day itself. Every cabin can fit 4 students, and they can choose who they will share it with. As usual, the 4 of them are always together.


“Just choose the closest cabin please. I still want to get some sleep.” Yi Fan yawned and pointed at one cabin. “That will work, as long as it has bed for all of us.”


“Got it Ben-Ben.” Amber laughed and Yi Fan narrowed his eyes in disbelief.


“Who’s Ben-Ben?” Jieun asked innocently.


“Ben-Ben equals Yi Fan. At least it is an English name.” Henry laughed as well and run towards their cabin to save his life.


“Just be thankful I am too tired to kill you.”


“Why Ben-Ben? I don’t get it.”


“You don’t want to know…” the tall man grumbled angrily as he walked towards their cabin. Two bunk beds and a decent bathroom. It was already enough, at least they had something to sleep on, and still spacious for them.


Yi Fan just threw his bag on one bed, already claiming it as his own letting the others choose their own beds. Jieun ended up be

Please log in to read the full chapter