Chapter 11

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Make sure your knees are bent and that’s where you’ll get your strength…from your legs and not from your arms. Now, try it again.” Yi Fan passed the basketball to Jieun as she practiced shooting from the free throw line. Yi Fan was helping her to improve but she really has no future in sports, nonetheless, she still wanted to learn.


She was taking basketball for her PE class, and Yi Fan was her personal coach, right after their classes. In exchange, Jieun would teach him Korean for he was taking Korean classes. Their reason: to have more in common and more reason to spend more time with each other.


“Just one more…” Jieun positioned the ball and finally did what Yi Fan told her. She successfully shot the ball into the ring and she squealed in happiness. After a million tries, she finally successfully made a point.


“Better! I think you’re all ready for your game tomorrow.” Yi Fan was also happy for her and even wiped her sweat like a sweet boyfriend would do. Jieun blushed and shyly got the towel from his hands.


“I don’t think I’ll even get to enter the court, and even if I do, I’m pretty sure they will not pass the ball to me.” Jieun said sulkily. She also wanted to play but not as competitive as her other classmates. She may be not as good as them but at least she wanted to put what she learned into play.


“Don’t they dare. I’m going to watch.”


“No! It’s embarrassing!”


“I am your personal coach.” Yi Fan whined like a kid. “You can’t stop me anyway if I decided to show up in the middle of the game even if you forbid me.” He stuck his tongue out.


“Do whatever you want.” Jieun pouted. She was really nervous and scared, and the idea of Yi Fan watching her is not a good idea either. It made her heart beat faster due to excitement and worries that he might just laugh at her.


“Oh I will.” Jieun frowned cutely as she finally gathered her things with the help of Yi Fan. She grew fondly of him that almost every second they were together. Despite having different classes, they always make a way to meet. It was a good sign for Yi Fan since Jieun was opening up to him more than what he expected.


“Hey, do you have any plans tonight?” Jieun shyly asked him while fiddling with the strap of her bag.


“Are you asking me out on a date? I never expected that but SURE!”


“Am not! Or maybe…Aish. It’s your birthday today, we should at least celebrate…” Jieun scratched her head. It was quite awkward for her but the man was more than overwhelmed to hear her ask him out.


Yi Fan even almost forgot about his birthday if only Jieun did not remind him. He got greeted by a few friends, his parents, and Jieun and that’s the only thing that mattered to him. He does not have a grand party like everyone else and was contented with love calls and small gifts.


“Do you have anything planned?” Yi Fan asked incredulously and somewhat…excitedly.


“Well, maybe…I heard there’s a meteor shower tonight so maybe we can watch?” Jieun blushed at her words. She wondered if Yi Fan feels the same way of ever he asks her out. She was feeling down when Yi Fan did not respond immediately but still hoped for a very little chance.


“That sounds great…” Yi Fan secretly smiled and blushed as well.


“Okay. I’ll just change clothes.” Yi Fan nodded and smiled as Jieun went inside the locker room. After making sure he was all alone at the gym, Yi Fan jumped, danced and ran around in happiness. He just never thought Jieun would actually make an effort to ask him out.


On the other hand, Jieun held her chest then slapped her cheeks while leaning at the door. She really never had the guts to ask a guy out and it felt weird in a good way. She bit her lip to stop herself from giggling and just quickly changed her clothes. The moment she got out of the locker room, she found

Please log in to read the full chapter