Chapter 4

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Booming sound, people dancing on the dance floor, different kind of drinks and smoke, and the different colored lights made Jieun’s head ache even within just a minute by sitting at their table. Her friends somewhat managed to force her to come into the club, even if she refused a thousand times before, with the help of her chaperone. She does the make-up and change of wardrobe just so she could fit in with them, and she looked perfect. The three couldn’t even take their eyes off when they finally saw her wearing a yellow sleeveless dress. Not too y, but not too conservative either.


But going out does not even help especially of what happened with Yi Fan. Few days after and they are both still not over it. Back to square one, and even if they try to hide their awkwardness with each other, the cousins usually notice it but shrug it off instead. But for Yi Fan, during those days of waiting, he really knew to himself that he liked Jieun. She's unique, and that's what makes her so special, aside that she's got the whole package of beauty and brains, plus being a rich heir.


“So, what do you want to eat or drink?” Amber threw them the menu while she was ordering for herself.


“Anything will do.” Jieun sheepishly told them since she really does not know anything about clubs. “Except alcohol…”


“Aww, come on. You’re legal and you don’t drink?!” Henry exclaimed mockingly. “You are missing half of your life girl~”


“Well, I kind of had wines before…but I really don’t drink…” she pushed her glasses back to its place.


“You should try this.” Amber told her while passing her a drink. It looked inviting for her but still refused.


“Guys, don’t force her if she does not want to. We can still enjoy without alcohol.” Yi Fan butted in and glanced at the girl with glasses beside her.


“Alright, we’ll have some fries, sweet and spicy chicken, beer and orange juice for our baby.” Amber taunted her. “Let’s order now.” The tomboyish girl stood up and dragged her cousin along.


“Why also me?!” Amber just glared at the older male and went successfully convinced him to go with her.


“I really did not know they were taking us to a club. I just thought you know…dinner, and then roaming around.” Yi Fan started the conversation.


She hummed, “I thought the same. But I don’t…mind….” She said unsurely.


“You don’t have to lie. We all know how much you hate noisy and crowded places.”


“Well our classroom is a noisy and crowded place, as well as the cafeteria, so I don’t think there’s much difference.”


“You’re right, but we all know as well that you like the library and the lover’s lane so much more.”


“Well okay, I lose.” She chuckled and finally saw the cousins with food on their hands. “That was fast.”


 “VIP baby.” Henry told them cockily and smirked.


“If we’re VIPs then we could’ve gotten some room upstairs!” Yi Fan scolded him and furrowing his thick eyebrows together, while Henry pouted at the sudden outburst.


“That’s enough, I’m hungry and we’re going to enjoy all night~!” Amber raised her can of beer, as well as the others, except for Jieun who raised her glass of juice.


“CHEERS~!”


A few jokes here and there and Jieun did not even feel she was out of place or they were in a noisy bar. She was quite enjoying herself as well but there really are times that she needed some quiet time for herself, but that night won’t be that night. That’s when she just realized that socializing and going out isn’t that bad, unless you abuse it. In that case, she really was in good hands.


“I am going to go check out some ladies…” Henry stretched his arms and walked coolly into the crowd, wolf-whistling to some girls which seemed to be his type.


“He is so embarrassing sometimes. I don’t even know how he can be my cousin!” Amber whined and covered her face due to secondhand embarrassment from her cousin. “Stop him!”


“Nope, this looks fun.” Jieun laughed and Yi Fan raised his hand for a high-five.


“Whatever.” The other girl rolled her eyes and stood up.


“Where are you going?” Yi Fan asked and couldn’t help but snicker.


“Give you time to confess…Oops. Sorry.” Amber told him sarcastically. “I mean I’m going to the toilet.” She smirked.


“This brat…” Yi Fan wanted to strangle Amber so badly before it was too late for Jieun to process in her mind. “Just…don’t mind her…”


“Ignore…yeah, I know.” Jieun forced a smile. A few moments later, Yi Fan does not really know what to do. Amber promised to just go to the toilet but she did not even come back, Henry was still busy flirting with girls, and he can’t think of anything to talk about anymore. He wanted to move, to walk around and not stay confined in one place but he just can’t leave his princess alone.


“Let’s go.” Yi Fan stood up and offered Jieun a hand.


“I-I…uhh…I don’t…dance.” She gulped while eyeing his hand.


“Well, I don’t too. We won’t dance, I promise.” Yi Fan held her hand and pulled her closer to him while they were going through the crowd. He knows how many eyes were looking at her like some kind of prey, and he won’t afford if something happens to her.


“Where are we going exactly?” she got her courage to ask him when he fina

Please log in to read the full chapter