Chapter 5

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“DUDE! COME ON!!! It’s been weeks already and you haven’t told her yet?! What is wrong with Wu Yi Fan?” Henry said while shaking his shoulders. “I am betting that you won’t be able to confess until the end of this school year.”


“Chicken.” Amber said before making chicken sounds. “Wu Yi Fan is a big chicken!”


“I am not. Okay, I may be really nervous about confessing but it might ruin everything we had…if there’s any…”


“Yeah, right. Friendship…” the cousins muttered then rolled their eyes.


“But come on, Jieun is definitely worth the risk. I don’t even think she’s the type to hold grudges or anything, I’m pretty sure she’ll understand. If only I did not notice you like her for the very first time we saw her, I would’ve courted her.”


“Wow, I did not even know you were into ‘bros before hoes’ code.” Amber taunted her cousin.


“Jieun is not a hoe.” Yi Fan narrowed his eyes.


“But seriously, you should try. Jieun seems to like you as well. She blushes when you , her giggles are different, especially after that night~” Amber wriggled her eyebrows. “What did you two do? She had scars on her palms and on her knees, did you go hard on her?!”


“What the ?! We didn’t do anything! We played basketball and she accidentally tripped!” Yi Fan blurted out. “What are you guys thinking?! I respect the girl, okay?!”


“Wow, respect. Big word.”


“Whatever guys. She respects herself unlike other girls out there, and I should do the same.” The Chinese cousins clapped their hands and even gave him a standing ovation.


“What’s up? What did I miss?” Jieun walked up to them with a smile and sat down next to them. “I was just away for a few minutes and I already think you’ve talked about a lot of things.”


“It’s because Yi Fan here has something to tell you.” Henry patted his friend’s back.


“What?” Jieun furrowed her eyebrows together.


“I do?” Yi Fan said, shocked. “It’s uhm…I…ahem…I…we…I would like to invite you to our game next week. Saturday, 3 pm.” The cousins face-palmed as soon as they heard what Yi Fan said. “I mean, it already the semi-finals, like a deciding game if ever our school will be at the championships.”


“I’ll think about it.”


“It’ already after our exam in Biology and we don’t have anything else to do after that.” Amber told her in a matter of fact manner and the Korean sighed.


“I knew you would force me to go out anyway. Okay. I’ll watch.” Jieun shrugged.


“Amber, am I really hearing what I am hearing? We didn’t have to force Jang Jieun that much to go out with us?” Henry gasped. “This is a first! Oh my gosh!”


“You act like a girl Henry.” Jieun chuckled but then a sound of a phone ringing interrupted their chitchat. “Oh, hi Grandpa.” She stood up as she mouthed excuse me to all of them.


“What the Yi Fan?! That was your moment already!!” Amber started nagging him again as soon as Jieun was out of sight and couldn’t hear whatever she will say and even hit his head.


“I promise I’ll tell her after the game. Win or lose!” he exclaimed.


“Tell me what?” Jieun tilted her head while looking incredulously at them.


“Nothing~” Yi Fan forced a smile.

 

 

 

 

Another week has passed and usually Yi Fan wasn’t that nervous whenever there’s a game. Even at the last two minutes of every game, maybe a little but it was a different kind of game to him. He’s going to confess no matter what happens and he doesn’t really want to screw up anymore. He was preparing on what he’s going to do if Jieun rejects him rather than on what should they do on the court especially that it was a tight game.


“Yi Fan, go in.”  Their coach told him and he quickly entered the court. Last two minutes and he was still thinking about Jieun. He was running as fast as he can before made a  lay-up, earning another two points for his team.


Jieun on the other hand was watching with Amber. She has never been interested in sports, specifically basketball, until Yi Fan ‘taught’ him. She was so excited and would squeal in delight if their school would make a point. It only it was for the school spirit but she was also cheering for Yi Fan and Henry, even if the latter was stuck on the bench and did not have the chance to play.


Finally, the buzzer echoed and their school finally w

Please log in to read the full chapter