Chapter 3

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

After a few weeks, Jieun had finally gotten more comfortable around and they succeeded on making her talk and open up with them, but they’re still noisier. She smiles more often, and even her anger can’t really be contained anymore. They made her so straightforward and even their whole block was beginning to look up to her. But the only thing that they can’t change was of her, being a bookworm and a grade conscious. They might have scolded her a few times for being a person without any social life but it did not really matter to her.


“Algebra and Trigonometry is not really my thing. Ugh!” Henry groaned and slumped over his book.


“I agree.” Kris chuckled and shook his head. It was already Henry’s second take of the same subject but he still does not get the right formulas, while Yi Fan was just thankful that he still passed especially that he has the same situation as Henry.


“It’s easy okay. It will help a lot if only you will listen and stop playing with your phone during classes!!” Amber scolded him.


“Where’s Jieun?” Yi Fan suddenly asked.


“I think she’s in the library.” Amber shrugged. “We have exam in Chemistry in TWO WEEKS and she’s already studying…you know her.”


“I don’t study at all before taking the exam—” Henry suddenly straightened up.


“That’s why you always fail.” Amber scoffed.


He wasn’t really used to not seeing Jieun while they were all having lunch and it immediately makes him worried, especially when she’s skipping meals. If she can’t really join them because she’s studying, at least they wanted her to eat.


“Uhh, I’ll just get more food.” Yi Fan stood up and on his way to the counter.


“He just said he’s already full a while ago…” Henry said and slumped back down over his book again.


Yi Fan bought a sandwich and a juice for Jieun before going to the library, not even caring if Amber and Henry would look for him. He was walking straight to Jieun when the librarian suddenly stopped him because of what he has in hands.


“Food and drinks are not allowed in here.” The lady told him sternly. He wanted to protest and tell the lady that he was just giving it to a friend and not eat inside but she still did not allow him. Sighing, he went out of the library and called her just so she’s the one who would go to him.


“I’m studying.” She excused.


“Have you eaten?”


“No…”


“Then go out of here and get your food.”


“But the book…”


“You can always borrow the book and bring it outside while the food is forbidden inside the library.” Yi Fan heard a sigh and the call finally cut off. Within two minutes of waiting, his lips twitched into a huge grin as he saw her on the counter borrowing a big book. He wasn’t really sure how she managed to make him so concerned about her, and her presence can always put a smile on his face. He just felt like almost everything was so light when she’s there.


“Hey, Yi Fan…hello?” Jieun snapped her fingers in front of him. “Are you still alive?”


“Y-y-yes…Ah! Here’s your food…wait.” Yi Fan got the book from her hands and switched it with her food. “You won’t have this book back until you eat. With us.”


“I-I-I still have to finish an essay…Sorry. I did not go to the cafeteria because it’s noisy there and I need some quiet place to—” he playfully pressed a finger against her lips.


“Hush baby…” he managed to choke out despite being in awe while pressing her soft lips.


“Stop it!” she exclaimed, removing his fingers.


“Okay, okay! I know a place and it’s perfect for study time. Let’s go.” He slung an arm around her shoulders and dragged her small figure with him. She immediately blushed at the sudden kin ship but she can’t deny the presence beside her. The effect he has on her was unexplainable but she somewhat just enjoyed while it last.


Yi Fan led her at the back part of their school, in which Jieun had never dared to go to. It was a very quiet garden where there are benches and tables for studying or just hanging out, although not that crowded with students. Just the perfect place for Jieun.


“Wow, I never expected this.” Jieun said in awe and ran to the nearest table.


“It’s because you never tried to explore.” Yi Fan told her and sat across her.


“So can I have my book now? I’m going to eat, I promise.” She even handed him some bills for his food but he refuse to accept it.


“Finish your essay first. I’ll read this for the meantime.” Yi Fan smiled and covered his face with the big book. He could feel his cheeks heating up so he had to make an excuse to cover it up. ‘Why did she have to be so cute when she smiles?!’ he thought to his self and he finally heard some munching.


“This is good.” Jieun eye smiled while writing her essay. “You should try.” She put the sandwich in front of his mouth.


“No thanks. I’m full.”


“Good.” She giggled and had another bite on the sandwich. He wasn’t really reading the book, he was silently observing her concentrate on her work. It was as if he was observing an interesting species that he couldn’t take his eyes off her. “Done!” she cutely exclaimed and proofread her essay. Once satisfied, she just continued eating her sandwich without even asking for the book.


“Y-you got somethin

Please log in to read the full chapter