Never Let You Go

Never Let You Go

It’s weekend and So Ra planned to have a good sleep till afternoon to make it up for the slept she missed for a few nights to complete her design proposal for Hee Chul. She woke up when she felt hungry. Still in her pajama, she walked down the stair and headed to the dining room without realizing that there were guests in the living room.

“So Ra, why are you wearing pajama?” Lee Teuk who was in the living room asked So Ra. “We have guest.”

“Jin Woon?” So Ra turned around and realized Jin Woon was with her brother. “What are you doing here?”

“You two know each other?” Lee Teuk looked at Jin Woon and then back at So Ra.

“Oppa, Jin Woon and I were from the same university,” So Ra walked towards Lee Teuk. “Jung Jin Woon, why are you here?”

“He’s our company’s lawyer,” Lee Teuk told So Ra. “Do you want to have lunch now? I’ll ask them to cook now.”

“Okay,” So Ra smiled at Lee Teuk. “Jin Woon, join us for lunch.”

“It’s okay, I’m leaving in a while,” Jin Woon told So Ra.

“Just join us for lunch then,” Lee Teuk told Jin Woon. “So Ra, go take a bath first.”

“Araso,” So Ra responded and walked back to her room.

When they were eating lunch, Lee Teuk saw how So Ra acted around Jin Woon. She chatted with Jin Woon happily. He saw the way Jin Woon looked at So Ra and realized that Jin Woon has a feeling towards So Ra. He didn’t interrupt their conversation but he wasn’t enjoying the lunch at all.

“So Ra, there’s a ball next Saturday and I want you to attend it with me,” Lee Teuk told So Ra after Jin Woon left.

“Why? I never attend those balls,” So Ra responded.

“Since you’re back to Seoul, it’s time for you to learn to attend these balls,” Lee Teuk said. “Besides, Hee Chul’s company also often organizes balls so it’s good to practice now.”

“And what if they ask who I am?” So Ra asked.

“Just tell them,” Lee Teuk answered.

So Ra looked at Lee Teuk for a while and headed back to her room. She thought about his words. But, what identity is she going to represent to answer people’s question? As his sister or his partner for the ball? As a sister, could she bear to watch Lee Teuk hugging and talking intimately with the lady guests at the ball? She was confused. She didn’t know what to do.

Meanwhile, Lee Teuk was in his own room, lying on the bed and thinking about Jin Woon and So Ra. He is angry at himself for asking So Ra to attend the ball with him now. He knew what So Ra’s question meant. He is also confused. Should he introduce her as his sister? If yes, their relationship could never go beyond that. If no, what should he say? Girlfriend or just a partner? His thought was disturbed by the ringtone coming out from his phone. He looked at the number and answered the call.

“What’s wrong?” Lee Teuk asked.

“There’s a betrayer in Shadow,” Yun Ho replied in a serious tone.

“How bad is it?” Lee Teuk asked.

“I think it’s the best for you to come here,” Yun Ho told him.

“Is Jae Joong with you?” Lee Teuk asked Yun Ho.

“No,” Yun Ho replied. “Do you want me to call him?”

“Call Jae Joong and Jun Su,” Lee Teuk ordered. “I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Okay,” Yun Ho ended the call.

Lee Teuk changed his clothes into a white long sleeve T-shirt and a pair of black jeans. He took his car key and headed off to the headquarter of Shadow.