Never Let You Go

Never Let You Go

So Ra took a deep breath before walking into the design company she would be having an interview at. She told the secretary about her interview and sat on the sofa while waiting for her turn to be interviewed. After five minutes, she was lead by the secretary into the office of the boss. So Ra couldn’t see the face of the boss as he was facing backwards at her.

“Why did you decide to come back to Seoul to work? You could find a job with great pay in New Zealand,” The boss asked her while still facing his back at her.

“Because it’s my hometown here,” So Ra replied.

“Kang So Ra? You’re Lee Teuk’s adopted sister?” The boss asked.

“You know Lee Teuk oppa?” So Ra questioned him instead of answering his question.

“Of course I do. He’s my best friend,” The boss replied and turned around to face So Ra. “I’m Kim Hee Chul. He talked a lot about you whenever we have a gathering. Can you come to work on Monday?”

“I’m hired?” So Ra asked.

“Yes,” Hee Chul replied. “You don’t sound happy.”

“If you hired me because I’m Lee Teuk oppa’s sister, then I don’t want this job,” So Ra told Hee Chul.

“I’m not hiring you because of Lee Teuk. I never hire people because of their family backgrounds. What I want is talented people and you have the talent,” Hee Chul responded. “Besides, Lee Teuk didn’t know that you’re coming to my company for the interview. So do you still want this job?”

“Yes,” So Ra answered.

“I’ll see you on Monday,” Hee Chul smiled at So Ra and sent her out of the office. After So Ra left, Hee Chul took out his phone and dialed the familiar number.

“What?” Lee Teuk, who was at the other end of the phone asked Hee Chul.

“Guess what? Your sister came to my company to interview for a job as one of my designers,” Hee Chul told Lee Teuk.

“You hired her?” Lee Teuk asked.

“Should I?” Hee Chul smirked when asking that question.

“Up to you,” Lee Teuk replied.

“I hired her,” Hee Chul said. “But she thought I hired her because she’s your sister.”

“And what did you tell her?” Lee Teuk asked.

“Why don’t you guess,” Hee Chul told him.

“I’m busy,” Lee Teuk responded.

“She’ll come to work on Monday,” Hee Chul said and ended the call.

***********************************************************************************************

After ending the conversation with Hee Chul, Lee Teuk continued to do his paperwork but was interrupted by his secretary. After he gave the permission for his secretary to come into his office, he saw another man following behind his secretary.

“Mr. Lee, he’s Jung Jin Woon,” Lee Teuk’s secretary, Kim Tae Yeon said.

“Araso. You can go back to your work,” Lee Teuk told Tae Yeon. After Tae Yeon walked out from the office, Lee Teuk started to look at Jin Woon. “Do you know what your job is about?”

“Yes,” Jin Woon replied. “He told me what I need to do as Shadow’s lawyer.”

“Then I don’t have to repeat it to you again,” Lee Teuk responded. “You’ll only become Shadow’s lawyer when I ask you to. As for the remaining time, you’re just the lawyer of this company.”

“I understand,” Jin Woon said.

(A/N: New chapter. Yay! Trying hard to fix in the life of a first year degree student. And having two assignments due on the 17th. Don't know how am I going to survive in university but will do my best. Thank you for all the comments you left because they made me realised my mistakes and also how much you guys love my story. Thank you :D)