Never Let You Go

Never Let You Go

When Lee Teuk came back from school, he saw a little girl with an old doll in her hand sitting in the living room. He passed his bag to the maid who was standing beside him and walked towards the girl. He sat down on the floor to look at the girl’s face. Her long hair covered half of her face.

“Who are you?” Lee Teuk asked her.

“Kang So Ra,” So Ra looked at Lee Teuk.

“Lee Teuk, So Ra will be living with us from today onwards,” Lee Teuk’s father came down from second floor. “She’s your new sister.”

Lee Teuk didn’t say anything but raised his hands to So Ra’s face. He used his hands to run through her hair and placed them to the back of her ears. So Ra was surprised by his action and stared at him with her eyes opened widely. Lee Teuk smiled when he saw her reaction.

“Your face is covered by your hair,” Lee Teuk spoke softly to her. “Now, I can look at your face properly. So, we’re family from today onwards. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you,” So Ra responded shyly.

“You’re so cute,” Lee Teuk grinned at her. “Come, I’ll show you your room.”

So Ra stared at Lee Teuk’s hand for a while before grabbing onto it. That year, he was ten and she was five. Who would have known that since then Lee Teuk has already made a wish to marry So Ra one day.

***********************************************************************************************

Lee Teuk walked into So Ra’s room without knocking the door. So Ra had fallen asleep on the desk while doing her homework. Lee Teuk smiled and carried her to her bed. He covered her body with the blanket and sat down at the edge of her bed. He stared at her for a long time until someone knocked on the door. He frowned and walked towards the door to open it.

“Master, the dinner is ready,” The maid said.

“Araso,” Lee Teuk looked at So Ra who was sleeping for the last time before leaving her room.

“How about Miss So Ra?” The maid asked.

“She’s sleeping,” Lee Teuk answered. “I will ask her what she wants to eat when she wakes up.”

That year, Lee Teuk was fifteen and So Ra was ten. Lee Teuk’s feelings towards So Ra started to develop deeper and it’s more than just love between siblings.

***********************************************************************************************

Lee Teuk was waiting for So Ra outside her school. The female students who were leaving the school kept stealing glances on him. They wondered who he is waiting for. Lee Teuk smiled and waved at So Ra who was walking towards him.

“Oppa, what are you doing here?” So Ra asked Lee Teuk. Though their schools weren’t too far apart, but Lee Teuk never picks her up.

“Let’s go home together today,” Lee Teuk ruffled her hair.

“So Ra, wait for me,” A boy ran towards So Ra before the two of them walked away.

“Who are you?” Lee Teuk asked the boy.

“I’m… I’m So Ra’s classmate,” The boy didn’t know why but he felt scared when he heard Lee Teuk’s question. He didn’t even dare to look at Lee Teuk to answer his question. “You forgot your book.”

“Oh,” So Ra took the book from the boy and wanted to say thank you but he ran away. “Why is he in a hurry?”

“Who knows,” Lee Teuk replied softly. “Let’s go.”

That year, Lee Teuk was eighteen and So Ra was thirteen. After that day, Lee Teuk showed up at her school every day to accompany her home instead of asking the driver to pick her up.