Never Let You Go

Never Let You Go

So Ra wore a black strapless mini dress and a pair of black heels. She tied her hair into a bun and put on light make-up. After she checked her outfit in the mirror, she left a room with a small gold purse. Lee Teuk who wore a black suit was already waiting for her in the living room. The driver sent them off to a big mansion at Gangnam. When they stepped out from the car, reporters gathered around them and started taking photos. Inside the mansion, famous people from the business industry as well as those from the entertainment industry could be seen. So Ra grabbed on Lee Teuk’s arm tightly. Lee Teuk could tell that she was nervous, he smiled at her and patted softly on her hand, asking her to calm down.

“Hyung,” Han Kyung and Si Won were the first to notice Lee Teuk’s presence and approached him.

“So Ra, let me introduce them. Han Kyung, CEO of Han Company,” Lee Teuk told So Ra. “Choi Si Won, CEO of Choi Company.”

“Annyonghaseyo,” So Ra greeted both of them.

“Hyung, Mr. Kang is here today too,” Si Won reminded Lee Teuk.

“Araso,” Lee Teuk responded. “So Ra, stay close with me.”

“Araso,” So Ra nodded her head.

So Ra followed Lee Teuk to move around in the mansion to greet different people who are Lee Teuk’s business partners and friends. She started to feel tired and couldn’t wait for the ball to end. She excused herself to go to the washroom. However, she overheard the conversation between few ladies in the washroom who are reapplying their make-ups.

“Did you see Lee Teuk?” One of the ladies asked. “He’s still so good-looking.”

“Who’s the girl he was bringing just now?” Another lady asked.

“I heard that she’s his sister,” The third lady answered. “But rumour says that she’s adopted.”

“Isn’t it obvious? She doesn’t even look like she was born in a rich family,” The first lady said.

“It looks like she’s very precious to Lee Teuk,” The second lady said.

“But isn’t Lee Teuk dating Sun Mi?” The third lady asked.

“Really? That new singer?” The first lady questioned.

“I think they had already broken up,” The second lady responded.

“Then I should target him,” The first lady chuckled.

“Aren’t you targeting on Choi Si Won?” The third lady asked her.

“Choi Si Won is dating someone,” The first lady replied.

“Who?” The other two ladies asked.

“Tiffany Hwang,” The first lady answered.

“Really?” The second lady questioned her. “Tiffany Hwang from Hwang Company?”

“Yes,” The first lady replied. “I heard that they’re engaging soon.”

“No more hope on Choi Si Won then,” The third lady responded.

“Let’s go back,” The second lady suggested.

So Ra came out from the washroom after making sure that the three of them had left. She looked at herself in the mirror. She felt ridiculous after hearing their comments on her. She didn’t know if she should laugh or cry at the comments. She just wanted to leave immediately.

“So Ra, are you feeling unwell?” Lee Teuk asked So Ra who seemed to be distracted after coming back from the washroom.

“Oppa, can I leave first?” So Ra asked.

“Are you sick?” Lee Teuk wanted to place his hand on her forehead but she stopped him.

“I just feel uncomfortable,” So Ra replied.

“Araso, let’s go,” Lee Teuk put his hand on So Ra’s shoulder.

“I’ll go back myself,” So Ra told Lee Teuk. “You are the guest. I can take care of myself.”

“You sure?” Though Lee Teuk was worried about her safety, he let her go after she ensured that she’ll be fine.