Never Let You Go

Never Let You Go

Lee Teuk waited for So Ra to come home for dinner but she didn’t show up. She didn’t even answer his call. When he wanted to leave the house to look for her, he found her walking towards him.

“Where did you go?” Lee Teuk questioned So Ra.

“I was with my colleagues,” So Ra answered and walked into the house.

“Why didn’t you answer my call?” Lee Teuk asked.

“My phone was in silent mode,” So Ra told him.

“Do you know that I’m worried?” Lee Teuk asked her.

“Oppa, I’m not a little girl anymore,” So Ra forced herself to smile at Lee Teuk. She was still thinking about the girl with Lee Teuk she saw in the afternoon. “I’m tired. Goodnight.”

Lee Teuk watched So Ra walking to her room in the second floor. He didn’t know what to do and thus grabbed his car key and drove all the way to Blue. Hee Chul who was chatting with Ye Sung at the bar counter smirked at Lee Teuk when he saw the angry and frustrated look in Lee Teuk’s eyes.

“Who made you angry this time?” Hee Chul asked Lee Teuk in a playful tone. “Let me guess. So Ra?”

“What about So Ra?” Ye Sung looked at Lee Teuk.

“She saw Sun Mi with him,” Hee Chul told Ye Sung. “She’d probably think that Lee Teuk is dating Sun Mi.”

“What’s wrong if Teuk hyung is dating Sun Mi?” Ye Sung asked Hee Chul.

“She’ll be jealous,” Hee Chul grinned.

“You mean So Ra like Teuk hyung?” Ye Sung questioned Hee Chul.

“From her expression, I’d say yes,” Hee Chul responded.

“That’s what you think,” Lee Teuk told Hee Chul.

“Want to bet with me?” Hee Chul challenged Lee Teuk.

“Why should I?” Lee Teuk asked him.

“Why not? Or are you afraid that you may lose the bet?” Hee Chul questioned him.

“It’s a useless bet,” Lee Teuk argued.

“A useless bet or not, you know it,” Hee Chul shrugged his shoulder. “Honestly, I think So Ra likes you too. Maybe she just isn’t sure if her feeling towards you is just sibling love or more than that. Think about my words.”

Lee Teuk didn’t argue back. All these years, he never tells So Ra his true feelings because he was afraid that it could change their situation now. He didn’t want things to become awkward between him and So Ra after he confessed to her. He wasn’t sure if So Ra would accept his confession or not. If he took the first step, he couldn’t help but think about the consequences.

***********************************************************************************************

So Ra was hungry and went to the kitchen to look for food when she heard the front door is being opened. She walked out from the kitchen and saw Lee Teuk whose face is slightly red.

“Oppa, did you take alcohol?” So Ra frowned.

“Yes, with Hee Chul,” Lee Teuk answered. He remembered that So Ra dislikes the smell of alcohol. “I’ll go take a bath first.”

“I’ll make you tomato juice,” So Ra said and walked back into the kitchen.

After taking a quick shower, Lee Teuk walked into the kitchen and realized that So Ra wasn’t there anymore. He drank the tomato juice So Ra prepared and returned to the second floor. He stopped in front of So Ra’s room and hesitated to go in. A while later, he went back into his own room.

‘So Ra, what should I do?’ Lee Teuk stared at the ceiling as he lay on the bed.