Chapter 2: Fate do the job or not?

Wanted: Mommy

After finishing fixing all her things Kyungsoo slept with earphones and Baekhyun went home. When she woke up at night she saw her kitchen messy and the cabinet under her sink is open she peek inside to see if there’s a rat or something but instead of a rat she saw a child.

“Oh my God.” Kyungsoo exclaimed and because of short limbs (curse to that) she can’t reach the kid it’s too hot inside then she remembers about her neighbor so she made a run outside.

Kyungsoo knocks hard and the door burst open with a man—tall, dark and handsome. His brows are scrunched up as if he is impatiently waiting for her to speak. “Kyungsoo you need to wake up from your daydream.” Kyungsoo mental slap herself. “T-there’s a kid under my sink.” She stuttered and the man run pass her to enter her house while she remain outside. The man gets the kid effortlessly and again run pass her carrying the kid back to their house. Kyungsoo was about to enter her house when her landlady drag her, she didn’t voice out her protest because it’s so sudden and before she knew it she is inside in a room where the man lay the kid in her bed.

“Mom be with her I’ll just fetch Jongdae.” And the man made a run outside (I won’t say pass me again though that’s what happened.)

Kyungsoo sit awkwardly to the chair beside the bed and across to her landlady she looks at the kid she is mumbling “mommy”. Kyungsoo got shocked when the kid holds her hand, she tried to pry her hand but no avail so she just let it and her landlady sighed.

“I’m sorry I think she misses her mom so much.” Junmyeon sighed.

“Where is her mom?” Kyungsoo asked before she stopped herself.

“She died eight years ago.” Junmyeon said sadly and look at the picture of her son’s wife.

Kyungsoo looks at the picture also and she saw that she is so beautiful the kid is like the miniature of her.

“Sehee wants to have a mother again because she never experienced to have one since she’s only one year old when her mother died unlike his brother Yixing who is seven at that time.” Junmyeon said.

“She is willing to have a mother again?” Kyungsoo asked shocked because most of the kids these days become overprotective to their remaining parent especially a daughter to her father. Sehee must really want to have a mother. Kyungsoo look at Sehee with pity and pinch her hand a little.

After a while her brother came home and Kyungsoo saw the resemblance to his father though the kid has lighter skin tone. And Jongin came as well with she presumed Jongdae he introduced himself as a brother of Jongin and also a pediatrician. Kyungsoo said her good bye when finally they removed the hand of Sehee that holding hers. But before she left she saw Jongdae smiled knowingly at Jongin but since she doesn’t have anything to do with it so she just shrug it off.

 

Kyungsoo curse herself for staying late night when she had a meeting early in the morning. For some reason Jongin kept on popping in her mind and she hates it but it kept on hunting her—his face, his expressive eyes and his dark skin and it’s creepy for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo opened her door at the same time as Jongin.

“Oh good morning!” Jongin smiled.

“Good morning.” Kyungsoo greets and scold herself for praising Jongin in her mind. Jongin is wearing a simple polo shirt and pants but he still exudes appeal. "How's Sehee?" Kyungsoo asked to wake herself up.

“She's fine, she just need rest. Where are you going?” Jongin asked.

“Ah work!” Kyungsoo answered aware of their nearness.

“You need a ride?” Jongin asked.

“Nah I can commute!” Kyungsoo said.

“It’s okay I can bring you there let’s just say it’s my token of thanks for what you did last night.” Jongin smiled.

“What did I do? I just told you where she is nothing more.” Kyungsoo laugh but why does it sound tense to her.

“No not that my mom said you stayed with Sehee the whole time I was out to get Jongdae hyung.”

“Ah!” Kyungsoo said.

“So let’s go?” Jongin said.

“Okay!” Kyungsoo didn’t refuse further since it’s economical for her. When they went down to the parking lot she saw Yixing on the car and he looks at them, she saw him smirk as if he knows something that they didn’t know and again Kyungsoo just shrug it off.

Kyungsoo learned that Yixing is in his last year of middle school and he also had a dance group—he get his dancing skills from his father, he also played instruments. She told him that she is making user guide manuals for electronic games and that perked up his attention. Yixing is on the way to their dance practice and when he is in his stop he almost didn’t want to go down since she caught his attention too much—she also learned that he is a good boy so his father must raise him good even without a mother.

“So my mom told you the reason of Sehee’s flee plan yesterday?” Jongin starts conversation after Yixing get to his stop.

“Yeah I think she’s pretty tense yesterday that’s why she said that to me.” Kyungsoo said remembering how tense her landlady yesterday that she kept on talking.

“Nah I think she’s really comfortable with you my mom is not a very talkative person but she is willing to talk to you that much!” Jongin smiled and glance at her then back to driving again.

“That’s good to hear, she seems nice.” Kyungsoo hide her blush.

“Yes she is. Did she tell you about my daughter’s advertisement?” Jongin asked when they are on the stop light.

“Yes.” Her landlady told her about Sehee’s advertisement in a social networking site. It says Wanted: Mommy with the picture of his father. She thought that she must really desperate to have a mom.

“Are you interested?” Jongin asked and Kyungsoo looked at him shocked but Kyungsoo averted her eyes immediately when she saw the seriousness in his eyes.

“I’m sure many would be interested with your daughter’s advertisement but count me out. I am happy to what I have right now being alone is what I am destined for.” Kyungsoo said.

Jongin was about to say something but the signal light signals to "go" so he didn’t have the chance to voice it out even when she get to her stop and she is thankful because she doesn’t want to talk about it further.


A/N: I can update twice because school year is ending so I am free! This is the perks of doing things early! Yehet~ Thank you for reading.