Chapter 3: The Conversation

Wanted: Mommy

Kyungsoo just got home from work when she saw Sehee waiting outside her apartment.

“Hi!” Sehee greets.

“Hi, how are you?” Kyungsoo asked and sit to level with Sehee.

“I’m fine, thank you for staying with me unnie!” Sehee said.

“It’s okay I’m glad that you’re okay now!” Kyungsoo said ruffled her hair. Sehee is really the miniature of her mother.

“Ahm unnie you don’t have a husband and children yet right can you be my mother?” Sehee beamed.

Kyungsoo got shocked she never expected that she will ask her like that. She maybe overheard us—Baekhyun and I’s conversation when she was under the sink.

“Sehee I’m sorry but I can’t be your mother you have your mother already right? But I can be your unnie I will be your friend also is that okay with you?” Kyungsoo asked soothingly.

Sehee pouted but nod anyways. “Ah unnie can you read a story for me please!” Sehee said with her puppy eyes so how can Kyungsoo refused.

“Sure!”

“Yehey! Come on let’s go in our house.” And Sehee drag her inside their house.

“Hello Mrs. Kim!” Kyungsoo greets when she saw Junmyeon.

“Oh hi there Kyungsoo did she drag you here?” Junmyeon asked her and looks at her granddaughter. “Sehee you don’t have to disturb Kyungsoo unnie I can read s story to you.” Junmyeon said to Sehee.

“But I want Kyungsoo unnie.” Sehee pouted.

“It’s okay Mrs. Kim I’m not doing anything today!” Kyungsoo smiled.

“See granny she said it is okay!” Sehee beamed.

Kyungsoo was about to flip the book open when she saw a sorry letter? And Sehee saw the letter she is holding.

“My workshop teacher asked us to write a mother’s day card but I said it is silly to write one when I don’t have a mom to give it to. I didn’t shout at her I just said it is silly but she said to daddy that I did shout at her she’s mean so I won’t say sorry to her. For all I know she just like my father but I don’t want her cause she is mean.” Sehee huffed and puffed her cheeks as a sign of annoyance her face is a bit red to because she said all that in one breath.

“Sehee its wrong that she forced you to write a mother’s day card but no matter how mean you teacher is you should still say sorry because that’s what good kids should do. And even you don’t have a mommy to give it to you can still give it to your daddy or granny.” Kyungsoo explained.

“But unnie they are my daddy and granny why should I give them a mother’s day card?” Sehee said and her brows scrunched up in adorable way and tilted her hear to the side.

“Yes she is your daddy and granny but they are doing the job of a mother—they taking care of you and loving you. Don’t you think they deserve more than one card because they are doing two things at the same time? Sehee mommy is just a title you don’t have to be a woman to be a mother it is how you take care of your love ones. And your daddy and granny did love you and take care of you like a mother right?” Kyungsoo explained and Sehee just nodded but she knows that she understands.

“But I really want to have a mommy.” Sehee said sadly.

“Then pray for it, you know Baekhyun we’ve been friends since 6th grade because I prayed for a best friend 

to Him.” Kyungsoo said.

“Really?” Sehee beamed.

“Yes, but you have to be a good kid and pray from your heart so He will grant it.” Kyungsoo said.

While Junmyeon is watching the conversation of the two with the smile in her face.

 

Kyungsoo is fixing her wall because pests are entering her house so she needs to fix it immediately.

“You need help?” said someone beside her.

Kyungsoo is shocked by Jongin who by the looks just came from jogging and because of that she hammered her fingers. Jongin saw that she is hurt.

“I think you need help.” And Jongin fixed it effortlessly unlike her. He said he will fix it next time and that is just for the mean time.

Kyungsoo asked Jongin for a coffee and the latter agrees which Kyungsoo didn’t expect.

“Hmm did you bake this?” Jongin asked talking about the carrot cake she served.

“Yes!” Kyungsoo answered and sit across Jongin.

“My mom loves to bake also I’m sure you will get along really well.” Jongin said and smiled. Kyungsoo thinks that something is wrong with her nerves.

“Yeah Sehee brought some here yesterday.” Kyungsoo said remembering how Sehee brought anything that her granny cooked to her.

“Ah I want to thank you about what you did.” Jongin said.

“What did I do again?” Kyungsoo laughed and Jongin thinks that is endearing.

“I receive a mother’s day card from Sehee saying that I deserve to receive two cards since I’m doing two things at the same time and mom also. And her workshop teacher called a while ago and she said that Sehee approached her and apologized.” Jongin smiled remembering what his daughter did.

“Really, I didn’t know that she will take me seriously?” Kyungsoo didn’t know that Sehee will do everything she said.

“Well she did I don’t know what things you said that I didn’t said yet but thank you!” Jongin smiled at her.

“You’re welcome!” Kyungsoo smiled also.

Jongin can’t help but stare so before he stopped himself he asked. “You’re beautiful so why you don’t want to marry someday?”

Kyungsoo was taken aback by the question but mostly because Jongin called her beautiful. “I am just passable!” Kyungsoo said after some time.

“Passable, tell me who told you that?” Jongin asked he doesn’t understand how can she be passable?—with plump heart shaped lips, rounded eyes and a porcelain white skin—she is the perfect epitome of Snow White.

“Me!” Kyungsoo shrug.

“And you believed that?” Jongin asked incredulously.

“Of course.” Kyungsoo said.

“How high is your standard for you to be passable?” Jongin asked really want to know how she can be passable when she is more than that.

Kyungsoo was taken aback again by how frustrated sounded Jongin is. And Kyungsoo can’t grasp the answer so when she saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol at her door she thanked the heavens and she is more than happy to see her best friend than any other time. She desperately needed an escape.

“Did we interrupt something?” Baekhyun asked.

“No you didn’t!” Kyungsoo drags her friend inside. And Baekhyun look at her confuse. “We will talk later.” Kyungsoo whispered. 

 

A/N: This will be fast! Thank you for reading.