Chapter 5: Heart Ache!

Wanted: Mommy

Jongin sighed for the nth time right now—Kyungsoo never went out of her apartment ever since or she just practically avoiding him. Jongin hated himself for bursting the only chance he had but he can’t help it he wants to know everything about her.

“Daddy, daddy!” Sehee called with Yixing trailing behind her.

“Why baby?” Jongin asked and Sehee sit on his lap.

“She’s pushing me to call Kyungsoo noona but I said I don’t have her number. What about you dad, do you have it?” Yixing said.

“Ahm I don’t think I have it!” Jongin thinks about it and he really didn’t have it. He didn’t just burst his chance—he also forgot to ask her number. Jongin babo!

“But I have her number Appa!” Sehee said and jumped out of Jongin’s grasp. “Tadah!” Sehee showed the paper where Kyungsoo’s number is written. Sehee asked for Kyungsoo’s number way before.

Jongin can’t help but smile widely and hug his daughter for being faster and brighter than him when it’s needed. 
 

“Good job Sehee!” Jongin said and pats Sehee’s head and the latter just smiled widely.

“It seems like Sehee’s stubbornness will save you dad.” Yixing said and smiled the same as his dad’s.

“I’m not stubborn!” Sehee pouts.

“Yeah yeah, I will let you go since you saved dad’s crumbling love life.” Yixing said and pat’s Sehee’s head.

Jongin can’t help but smile of how easy his children accept everything even pushing him if it’s the other children I’m sure they will go against it but his children are not like others—they’re his and he is also thankful for his late wife.

 


Baekhyun is eyeing her friend suspiciously. “Can you tell me again why are you here for more than a week now?” Baekhyun asked eyebrows rose.

“I told you I want some bonding together!” Kyungsoo said with pretend nonchalance. “Why am I bothering you, already?” Kyungsoo said with the hint of sadness.

Baekhyun’s brows went higher if it’s possible to her friend’s attitude. “You know that’s not the issue here!”

Kyungsoo sighed she can’t win with Baekhyun, never. “Well it’s just that I want to have some space between me and Jongin because he’s always popping in my mind and I can’t work properly and. . .” Kyungsoo stuttered.

“And?” Baekhyun asked impatiently though she had the hunch where this conversation going.

Kyungsoo was about to speak when her phone rings. It is Jongin and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened than it was. You're asking why she had his number simple, Sehee saved it the same day she asked for her number.

“Oh it’s Jongin why are you not answering?” Baekhyun asked.

Kyungsoo can’t hear anything. “Why is he calling? Is he worried about me?” “Babo, why does he have to worry about you?” Kyungsoo’s debate with herself was cut off by Baekhyun.

“Hello!” Baekhyun answered the call for Kyungsoo whose mind is wandering somewhere again.

“Hello is this this Kyungsoo?” Jongin asked.

“Ah no this is Baekhyun Kyungsoo’s friend.”

“Oh! This is Jongin can I ask where is she right now?” Jongin asked disappointed that Kyungsoo didn’t answer the call.

“Uh yes, she’s just a little busy right now.” Baekhyun said and Kyungsoo glared at her.

“Why did you answer the call?” Kyungsoo mouthed. 

“Oh I’m sorry I’ll just call later.” Jongin said disappointment is evident to his voice.

“No wait.” Baekhyun said hurriedly. “I think she is ready to talk to you.” Baekhyun said and give the phone to Kyungsoo no matter how the latter refused.

“Hello!” Kyungsoo thanks the heavens for not stuttering.

“Hello, Kyungsoo?” Jongin said suddenly nervous.

“Ah yes, why did you call? Did I receive a mail or anything?” Kyungsoo asked a little bit fast to hide her fast heart beating which is ridiculous because it’s not as if he can see her nor hear her heartbeat.

“Nah, none of those um I- Sehee was worried about you because she didn’t see you at all.” Jongin scold himself for almost scaring Kyungsoo further because of his tongue slip.

“Oh, I just visited my family and I’m currently staying with Baekhyun, you know girl bonding.” Kyungsoo said disappointed that Sehee was the reason for this call so her fast heart beating was replaced with ache.

“Oh did you miss them already?” Jongin said happy that Kyungsoo’s reason of leaving was not him.

“Yes.” Kyungsoo said soullessly.

“Ah there’s another reason why I called.” Jongin said he can’t possibly forget this or Sehee will cry and whine mercilessly—she will never let him live.

“Oh and what is it?” Kyungsoo can’t help but hope for something she can’t point out.

“The day after tomorrow is Sehee’s birthday and she wants you to attend badly I hope you can come for her.” 

“And for me too” Jongin added in his mind.

“Oh sure! I-I’ll come.” Kyungsoo said with the ache in her heart again.

The call is over long before now but Kyungsoo still looking at the black screen of her phone. Baekhyun is just looking at her sad for her best friend because she can’t accept her feelings yet she is hurting already. Baekhyun wanted to help heaven knows how much she wanted to help her but she knows that she can’t do anything right now or else Kyungsoo will run away without looking back anymore.

 

 

Kyungsoo is hurting she knew it but she doesn’t know why or rather she can’t accept why. Kyungsoo thought it will be the most hurting that will happen to her but it is just starting.


A/N: This will be my only update this week since school is being hell this week and mind can't take further thinking. Plus two of my friends will have their 18th birthday this week and I;m a good friend so we're planning to do something for their special day so I'm sorry! Thank you for reading!