Chapter 7: Love and Hurt

Wanted: Mommy

Kyungsoo is feeling down lately because of her sister and her growing interest with Kim Jongin. She still remembers their conversation that night.


Kyungsoo is lying down in her bed wide awake even though she is tired as hell. They bring her sister home and Jongin is surely sleeping right now but she can’t sleep because something is bothering her. Kyungsoo is into deep thinking when her phone rang.

“Hello.” Kyungsoo answered the phone without looking at the caller ID.

“Kyungsoo.” Said the person on the phone she had to look at the caller ID to make sure she is not dreaming.

“U-unnie why are you calling this late?” Kyungsoo asked her sister never called her if it’s not a problem.

“Nothing I just want to know if you went home safe.” 

Kyungsoo doubted her sister’s sudden concern after all this years.

“And I want to ask you something.”

And she right for doubting her.

“What is it?” Kyungsoo answered coldly. If her sister noticed it she just shrugs it off.

“I want to know, what is your relationship with Jongin?” 

She addressed him as if they were longtime friends.

“We have nothing, he is just the son of my landlady.” Kyungsoo answered with bitterness because she knew where this conversation going.

“Hmm that’s good because I’m interested in him.”

I knew it.

“He is happy with his life right now and most all he had two children already.” Kyungsoo said with the hint of desperation and she already got up from lying. She is sure as hell that she won’t be able to get any sleep tonight.

“Oh then that’s fair enough I have children already also and how about his wife, where is she? Are they separated already?”

“She’s dead.”

“Oh that must be hard, so he had more reason to find someone else.”

“But he is contented with what he had right now, you won’t have him.” Kyungsoo said, she is more frustrated with her sister more than ever.

“Try me!”

That’s the last thing her sister said before the line went dead.


 

Kyungsoo sighed again.

“What’s your problem you’re sighing for some time, do you have a problem?” Tao asked—one of her co-worker.

“Nothing I’m just tired.” Kyungsoo smiled at her.

“Then go home, it’s rare for you to go overtime you usually finish your work at home?” Tao asked curiosity is evident with her voice.

“Nah I just want to try something new.” Kyungsoo can’t tell her that she is avoiding Jongin and her sister’s constant asking about him. And overtime at work is the best excuse.

Tao was about to asked something when her boyfriend Yi Fan came. And they bid their byes. Kyungsoo can’t help but notice how sweet they are even though Yi Fan had a “I’m too cool” aura he is actually a very sweet guy.

“If Jongin and I are together will he be doing sweet things to me also?” 

“Oh my God Kyungsoo you’re really are crazy!” Kyungsoo said to herself a little bit too loud it’s a good thing no one is around since it’s really late already.

Kyungsoo decided to go home already since it’s really late and it’s hard to find a ride.


 

Kyungsoo went out of the taxi tired and her eyes are starting to lose its focus when someone speaks beside her.

“It’s late already.” Jongin said.

Kyungsoo jumped because of too much shocked. “What the- Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked after she recognizes Jongin leaning in the wall both hands inside the pocket.

“I’m sorry!” Jongin said.

“What are you doing here outside?” Kyungsoo asked stepping backward away from Jongin she needs to distance herself with Jongin especially with her sister taking interest to Jongin.

Jongin noticed how Kyungsoo step backwards he wants to think that she is just shocked but his gut is telling him that she is avoiding him. “I’m waiting for you.” 

“Why?” Kyungsoo asked dumbfounded and her heart swells but she surpressed it immediately.

“Well we haven’t seen you since Sehee’s birthday party and Sehee are looking for you.” Jongin said carefully and faced Kyungsoo. He doesn’t want to scare her now that he feels she is avoiding him. In spite of Jongdae hyung telling him that Kyungsoo likes him he still can’t be careless and he slowly discouraged by what Kyungsoo is doing right now.

“I’m too busy with my work that’s why.” Kyungsoo wants to go away from Jongin she can’t take his staring it makes her heart beating so much fast that it might burst out.

“Hhmm, sorry I just had this ridiculous thought that you just fed up with us that’s why you’re trying to avoid us.” Jongin laughed awkwardly.

Kyungsoo feeling guilty, that she never thought that they would think that way after them being nice to her. Mrs. Kim always asking for her welfare smiling and taking care of her like her mother, Sehee always bringing food for her, Yixing asking how’s her day is and always offering a friendly smile and Jongin. Kyungsoo didn’t notice her tears are falling.

Jongin is shocked seeing Kyungsoo crying he doesn’t know what to do. “K-Kyungsoo you don’t have to cry we understand okay.” Jongin out of instinct hugs Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo felt the hug of Jongin so she cried harder, she doesn’t know why she is crying if it’s because of she is guilty or because she doesn’t want Jongin to be with her sister. She wants him for herself now that she is feeling how caring Jongin is. She loves him but she is scared. Kyungsoo free herself from Jongin harshly. “I-I’m sorry I’ll be going now.” Kyungsoo runs to her house without looking back.

Jongin is dumbfounded. “What did I do again? Why can’t I understand you Kyungsoo? Do you hate me right now?” Jongin asked to himself feeling hurt and frustrated.

He takes out his phone and called Jongdae. “Hyung can you drink with me?”

Jongin send one last longing look where Kyungsoo runs without looking back. “Why do you have the power to make me love you and hurt me at the same time?” Jongin asked the air.

 


A/N: I asked someone to typed for me hehe! Thank you! Reid James!!!! Maybe a few chapters then it's over! Thank you for reading!