Chapter 11: It's not for me

Wanted: Mommy

Jongin saw the shocked in Kyungsoo’s face and she is sweating, he thinks that she maybe ran. He doesn’t know what Yonn Hae told her but he thinks that she said that it is some kind of emergency.

Jongin invites Yoon Hae in the party not because he likes her or what. He still loves Kyungsoo the only reason he invited her is for Kyungsoo to come—he knew that she can’t refuse her sister. He also invites his colleague Taemin.

Kyungsoo frowned when she saw Jongin, her sister and some other guy that she didn’t knew. Kyungsoo rushed in the parking lot because her sister said that it’s emergency—she thought something with her parents so she run with all her might and she will saw Jongin here together with her sister. And most of all, they are dressed as if they are going on a party—those party for rich people. Kyungsoo can’t help but look at herself—she is just wearing jeans and a shirt.

 

Jongin saw how Kyungsoo look at herself then to her sister, he knew right there that she is feeling inferior to her again—it looks like he made a wrong move. “Idiot Jongin.”  Jongin thought to himself.

“What is the emergency you’re talking about that you have to call me in office hours?” Kyungsoo said sharply, she doesn’t care if she sounds so disrespectful but she is just angry with her manipulative sister.

But Yoon Hae just shrugged it off. “No, I lied there’s no emergency but if I didn’t say that you will surely not come.” Yoon Hae said as if that’s just really a simple thing.

Kyungsoo looks at her sister with narrowed eyes. “But you know that I’m working.”

Jongin saw how much Kyungsoo wanted to strangle her sister so he intervened. “Ahm. . . I’m sorry it’s my fault I asked her to invite you I’m sorry.”

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin sharply. She wanted to shout and blame Jongin—why does he need to this to her? Does he really want to hurt her? Kyungsoo’s heart is broken does he wants to put salt in her wounds? 

Jongin was momentarily taken aback, he saw hurt flashed in Kyungsoo’s eyes—but he might be dreaming because when he looks at her again it’s just a blank stare. Jongin’s courage wants to dissipate slowly. He admits that what happened last time crumpled his hope but he just can’t give up that easily—he really loves Kyungsoo and if he needs to be hurt multiple times then be it.

“I just want to invite you to our company’s annual party so I asked you sister to call you since I can’t reach you.” Jongin can’t help but notice the accusing escape from his mouth. He is so desperate to see Kyungsoo that he can’t think anything better that asking her sister to call her. Yoon Hae doesn’t know his real intention but Taemin knew.

“I’m sorry but I don’t have any dress to wear and I am busy.” Kyungsoo smacked Jongin real hard—how can he invite her when he just wants to date her sister and asking someone for what? To entertain her so she won’t intervene with him and her sister.

“Don’t worry; I have a spare dress and its pass office hours, so let’s go.” Yoon Hae said impatiently and drags Kyungsoo and the latter didn’t voice her protest.


 

“Oooh so that’s the girl.” Taemin said after Yoon Hae and Kyungsoo left.

“Yes she is.” Jongin can’t help but smile. Taemin is one of his confidantes other than his Jongdae hyung when it comes to his feelings with Kyungsoo and he knew how head over heels he is with Kyungsoo so he agrees to help me.

“She’s a tigress man, good luck.” Taemin said.

“I know.”


Kyungsoo is fidgeting with her dress—it is knee length dress and she never fancy those kind of dresses jeans are better. And she is having a hard time walking with her heels.


Jongin can’t help but gape to Kyungsoo it’s the first time that he saw her wearing dress and make up—she is beautiful but she is much more beautiful today. Black dress suits with her milky skin and her hair is in neatly bun—she is the perfect epitome of Snow White.

“Jongin close your mouth, insect will live there.” Teamin said nudging Jongin back to reality.

Jongin closes his mouth and fix his expression.

“Let’s go!” Yoon Hae said and cling her arms to Jongin although the latter is reluctant he can’t just remobe her hands from him.


While Taemin helped Kyungsoo who is still having a hard time walking.

“Curse these shoes.” Kyungsoo mutters.

“Should I throw it away for you?” Taemin said amused by the girl he is holding.

“Would you?” Kyungsoo said smiling; she had a light feeling with this guy.

“You’re interesting—I’m Taemin by the way.” Taemin said and guide Kyungsoo to Jongin’s car.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo said and offer a smile to Taemin.
Kyungsoo and taemin are talking and laughing the whole ride and Jongin doesn’t like it even he doesn’t want to.

 

 

They arrive at the party and Taemin still holding Kyungsoo’s hand because she is really having a hard time with her shoes. But it doesn’t sit to Jongin nicely.

“Jongin you need to calm down, you’re the one who asked for his help so breathe.”  Jongin chants to himself all the while.


“Are we in the right party?” Yoon Hae said after she saw the place where the party held.

“Yes.” Jongin said. The party is divide by the young employees and the old ones and and it will held in different date—Jongin did intend to attend for the oldies because he wanted to show to Kyungsoo that there are couples that will not end up separated.

 

 

Kyungsoo is sitting with their shared table, her sister is in the comfort room while Taemin went somewhere she didn’t know—so that left Jongin and her and it is awkward.

“I’m sorry for dragging you here.” Jongin said beside her and Kyungsoo flinch.

“I won’t say it is okay because it’s not.” Kyungsoo said not looking at Jongin but she knew Jongin is watching her that made her want to go somewhere far away from Jongin.

“Let’s dance.” Jongin said after a while. Kyungsoo was about to refuse but Jongin beat her and drag her in the dance floor.

Jongin put her hand in his shoulder and his hand in her waist and their free hand are together. They dance without uttering a single word.

After a while Jongin spoke again. “Did you see that couple?”

Kyungsoo followed Jongin’s line of sight—she saw an old couple dancing and looking at each other as if they are in their own world and Kyungsoo can’t help but smile. Kyungsoo knew that there is true love for some people because she can see that in her parents but not for her.

“They’ve been married for 45 years now but they looks so happy and in love.”

“I can see it.” Kyungsoo said.

“Then you can see that not all men will leave their wife for other women and not all the couple will end up separated.” Jongin said looking at Kyungsoo intently.

“I knew that I witnessed some but it’s not for me and I am happy with what I have right now.” Kyungsoo said finally looking at Jongin. She knew what he wanted to say but it’s just that it is not for her.

Jongin frowned at Kyungsoo. “You are happy of what you have right now?”

“Yes.” Kyungsoo said nonchalantly.

“Well I am not, since you came.” Jongin said seriously looking at Kyungsoo’s eyes.

Kyungsoo frowned at Jongin she doesn’t understand what he wants to say.

Jongin was about to say something but her sister came and drag him away from Kyungsoo the latter just shrug and went back to her seat. And spend the whole night talking with Taemin.

 

 

Kyungsoo was about to enter her house when Jongin stops her and gave a cd to her.

“That’s my new creation please listen.” Jongin said looking at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo frowned but accept it anyway.

Yoon Hae just eyed the cd while frowning.

And that’s how Kyungsoo’s day ends.

 

 

A/N: Waaah it's going to end soon I am sad TT^TT. Two more chapters then epilogue, maybe? Thank you for reading!