Chapter 4: Dugeun Dugeun

Wanted: Mommy

“So do you like him?” Baekhyun asked.

“What makes you think that way?” Kyungsoo frowned. They are sitting now in the living room while Chanyeol and Jongin went to the latter’s house to check the instruments since Chanyeol is good at instruments and Jongin is a music producer. Chanyeol works at the other country as an engineer.

“Well I can see it in your eyes, you’re attracted to him.” Baekhyun said matter of fact.

“Well even though I don’t have a plan to get married in the future I’m still normal—I’m still had the ability to get attracted by handsome men.” Kyungsoo said flustered by her friend’s straightforwardness.

“And I think he likes you too.” Baekhyun said.

“How can you say such things?” Kyungsoo said shocked and flustered—there’s no way Jongin will like her. His late wife is ten times more beautiful than her.

“Well the way he looks at you and he won’t ask those questions if he is not interested in you.” Baekhyun shrug.

“He is just plain curious, that’s it.” Kyungsoo said with finality.
But Baekhyun thinks the other way around. “It looks like it’s not yet late for my friend.”  

 

Jongin is watching Kyungsoo while she sews the dress of Sehee made by recycled materials—it was actually done but a while ago his mother fetch Sehee in school they left it in the bus. Sehee won’t stop crying because the program is tomorrow and now the dress is gone she can’t join the performance anymore. Kyungsoo might heard her crying that’s why she went and help—the dress is almost done that’s why Sehee stop crying.

While looking at Kyungsoo Jongin can’t help but wonder why she doesn’t want to get married? She had all the capabilities to be a good wife and mother. And how can she say that she is passable when every time—busy or not, she pops in his mind. He is attracted to her and if she gets interested with Sehee’s advertisement he will really consider it.

His mother retires in bed already because her backside is hurting already, Sehee fell asleep in the couch and Yixing is doing his homework in his room—and that left Kyungsoo and him.

“You can leave it there its late already I think I can manage it.” Jongin said he is worried that Kyungsoo is tired already.

“Nah it is okay, it’s almost done already.” Kyungsoo said still sewing the dress.

“Why you don’t want to get married?” Jongin blurted out and Kyungsoo looks at him as if saying, again?
Jongin really wants to know what makes her hate marriage so much—is she afraid of giving birth. Well he would say that she doesn’t need to give birth especially if she going to marry a man with two children already.

“I don’t want to have a child that will post on a social networking site looking for his father because he left us.” Kyungsoo said after some time she knows that there’s a sound of bitterness there.

“What makes you think that all men are going to leave you and cheat on you?” Jongin doesn’t where did she get her perception with men.

“Tell me one man who will not leave me for a prettier and ier woman.” Kyungsoo asked with annoyance.

“Me!” Jongin blurted out that shocked Kyungsoo and her heart beats faster than usual. Jongin realized what he had said. “I-I mean if it’s me I wouldn’t leave the woman I love for other woman.” Jongin said.

“Not all men are like you, look at my sister she is much more beautiful and sophisticated than me but her husband left her for another woman then how much more me?” Kyungsoo said with bitterness. Since they were a kid Kyungsoo developed inferiority complex with her sister, even the people around her tell that she is more beautiful and all. Though their parents treat them evenly but not the other people. Even in school she’s always the shadow of her sister, they are always being compared—it’s always “She is beautiful like her sister.” “She is smart like her sister.” The only thing the people can’t compare is her voice, because her sister is a tone deaf but that doesn’t make her better. The first time Kyungsoo had a crush she thought they were okay but her sister stole his affection. She doesn’t know but her sister like to get whatever that she likes maybe to make her feel more inferior.

“How did your sister involved in this?” Jongin frowned.

“Because she is always better.” Kyungsoo said flatly.

“I don’t know how you got that inferiority complex of yours with your sister but believe me you are beautiful and even more than that.” Jongin said sincerely.

Kyungsoo was taken aback by the sincerity with Jongin’s eyes. “Aw.” Kyungsoo punctured by the needle.

Jongin held Kyungsoo’s hand to check if there is wound but Kyungsoo take it back it feels like she is burned and her heart is beating erratically. “I’m going, goodnight.” Kyungsoo leave without looking back.

Jongin blinks and watched Kyungsoo leave. After some time Jongin looks at his hand—Kyungsoo’s hand is small and soft under his big calloused one it’s a bit cold too.

“Did I scare her?” Jongin asked himself and sighed. Jongin continue where Kyungsoo had left still worried if he burnt his chance to the ground.

 

Kyungsoo is walking back and forth in her leaving room. “Oh my God this is not good what is happening to me?” Kyungsoo biting her finger thinking hard.

“That’s right I need a breather and leave this place.” And Kyungsoo fix her things to leave.


A/N: My mind is wandering somewhere again so this just short. Thank you for reading~