Chapter 6: Birthday and Rival?

Wanted: Mommy

Kyungsoo went out of the taxi she is back to the apartment complex where she is living, today is Sehee’s birthday. She doesn’t want to disappoint Sehee because of her selfish reason so here she is.

“Kyungsoo unnie.” Sehee shout and runs to hug her so she hugs her back. “I thought you wouldn’t come?” Sehee beamed.

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin and the latter just scratch his head awkwardly.

“I didn’t tell her to surprise her.” Jongin said sheepishly.

Kyungsoo thinks that is a smart move, maybe he doesn’t want Sehee to be too hopeful.

“Well I’m surprised!” Sehee beamed.

“Here’s my gift, Happy Birthday Sehee!” Kyungsoo said and kissed Sehee in the cheek.

“Thank you unnie! Let’s go inside.” Sehee said and drag Kyungsoo inside.

“Wait! I need to put my things inside, you go first.” Kyungsoo said when they are in front of her apartment.
But Sehee still followed her as if she is afraid that she will not come back anymore and Kyungsoo just let it pass.


Kyungsoo is helping with the cooking since the helper that they contact, didn’t arrive yet. She is frying the chicken.

“Hhhm it smells so good.” Jongin said.

Kyungsoo flinch by the sudden nearness of Jongin to her. And Kyungsoo doesn’t know if the one that smells good is the chicken or her hair because Jongin’s nose is near in her head and his chin is resting there.

“It’s just a chicken, nothing more.” Kyungsoo laugh awkwardly.

“Nah it’s more than that you know chicken is my favorite. So thank you and don’t ask what you did. You help my mom preparing the ingredients if you’re not here I’m the one that possibly doing that.” Jongin smiled and look at her eyes.

Kyungsoo avert her eyes to the chicken she is frying. “Why didn’t you just cater instead? No offense meant!” Kyungsoo add the last part hurriedly.

“None taken. It was my mom’s idea, I told her that but she refused and that’s a major turn off for you.” Jongin smiled boyishly at her.

“Ah do you think it is okay already?” Kyungsoo asked without looking at Jongin to hide her flustered face.

Jongin get a little part of the chicken toss to his mouth. “Ah it’s hot!”

“That’s what a glutton gets.” Kyungsoo said and laugh at Jongin’s antics.

Jongin smiled at Kyungsoo with oil in his lips. “Darn it how can a grown up man manage to be cute?” Kyungsoo said to himself.

 

Jongin is looking at Kyungsoo while she helps to serve food. She is sweating and her hair is pulled in a messy bun but she is still beautiful in his eyes so he is still wondering how she can say that she is just average?

“You know what? you’re going to melt her.” Jongdae said suddenly popping in his side.

Jongin just scoffed.

“You really do like her right?” Jongdae said.

“Yeah!” Jongin said and smiled widely looking intently at Kyungsoo. He is feeling happy that he can admit it to his brother.

“Then why not court her?” Jongdae asked.

“I can’t, she won’t have me.” Jongin said sadly.

“Why?” Jongdae frowned.

“She doesn’t believe in marriage.” Jongin said.

“Then make her.” Jongdae said nonchalantly.

“I don’t know if she likes me.” Jongin said.

“She is, believe me.” Jongdae said with full of confidence

“How do you know hyung?” Jongin frowned.

“I don’t there’s a girl who will make a great effort for your family if she doesn’t like you. Well you can say that this is just plain kindness but no there’s something different about it. And I think she knew it herself she is just denying it so you have to made her accept it.” Jongdae said.


Jongin is still thinking what Jongdae hyung said and it made him smile. “Does she really like me?” Jongin muttered to himself.

Jongin is now looking at Kyungsoo again and he can see that she is uncomfortable. I think it is because of his daughter, he heard what his daughter’s been telling with her friends.

Do you see her? Her name is Kyungsoo unnie she is beautiful right? She will be my mother.

He can’t help but smile with her daughter’s antic it’s a good that Kyungsoo didn’t heard it but Kyungsoo is too smart not to notice what his daughter doing that maybe the reason she is uncomfortable.

It is picture time and my mom convinced Kyungsoo to join she is hesitating at first but Sehee convinced her. Jongdae hyung asked for second photo but she refused and went back to her apartment hurriedly.

It is fulfilling that somehow Kyungsoo completes their family but it is equally scary because he doesn’t know if she will stay with them and he doesn’t want to feel empty again because he thinks it is much worse than before. It’s just a few months since we knew Kyungsoo but we are depending to her more than it should be. If only she would have him.


Kyungsoo was about to sleep when her sister called her. She is with her ex-boyfriend in the fancy restaurant but they fought and the jerk didn’t pay and her sister doesn’t have money to pay so she called her. She didn’t make an effort to dress up; it’s been a long time since she gave up to par in her sister’s beauty.

Kyungsoo was about to call a taxi when a black Audi parked in front of her and it’s quiet familiar. And her hunch is correct it is Jongin’s.

“Where are you going, I’ll bring you there?” Jongin asked.

“Nah it is okay I will just call for a taxi.” Kyungsoo refused she needs some distance with Jongin and their nearness is enough for today.

“I insist, this my thanks for your help a while ago so hop in.” Jongin said.

Kyungsoo went inside it’s favorable with her since it’s almost midnight and it is hard to find a ride. She told him where she is going and the whole ride is filled with silence.

When they arrive Kyungsoo said that she will enter alone.

She saw her sister sitting there elegantly and look at her as if she is really expecting her, no one would think that she doesn’t have money to pay her bill.

When they went to parking lot they saw Jongin leaning handsomely in his car and when we got near him she saw how her sister’s interest with Jongin perked up. 

“This my sister Do Yoon Hae, unnie Kim Jongin!” She introduced.

Her sister beat her to the shotgun seat so she just sits in the back. In the whole ride Kyungsoo is just looking outside and she let her sister and Jongin talk. “Now that you saw my sister I know you would choose her rather than me.” Kyungsoo said bitterly.

But Kyungsoo is oblivious how he looks at her every second and just talking with her sister out of politeness. “So this is Kyungsoo’s sister she is pretty but she doesn’t have the effect that Kyungsoo had on him.” Jongin thought.

 

A/N: This one is pretty rushed so I'm sorry for the mistakes. Thank you for reading.

 

   |I might not be able to update again this week my left shoulder is killing me!|