Wings

Uriga Nugu?

The next morning I woke up to an empty dorm, like usual. I did my morning routine and put on my barista uniform. While doing my makeup, I glanced at the time on my phone to find it was 8:30 am. If I didn't hurry and get to the cafe in the next 30 minutes I could say goodbye to my job. My boss was strict about showing up on time. I grabbed my bag and stuck my phone, wallet, and street clothes into it. I didn't bother eating breakfast because I could just grab something at the cafe later. That is, if I still had a job by then. I bolted outside to my Ducati 1199 Super Leggera parked in the back lot. What can I say, I thought motorcycles were y. I peeled out of the lot and sped toward the cafe I worked at in Gangnam.

" ." I swore to myself as 9:00 am neared. The cafe officially opened at 9:00 am during the week and 8:30 am on the weekend. I ran a few red lights and zigzagged in between cars to get to my destination. When I got to the cafe I threw my motorcycle into the first parking space I saw and dashed inside. The man behind the register tossed me my apron and I hastily tied it around my waist. "Thanks Simon." I smiled at my sweet coworker.

"You were almost late." He said

"Yeah and I can't afford to lose this job." I told him.

"Have you thought about my offer?" He asked me.

"Simon I am not working in the Red Light District." I told him for the nth time.

"Why not? You won't join our gang. I don't know what other job to offer you." Simon huffed. I had told my coworkers that I was in need of another job to support myself and they were all trying their best to help me. "I mean your brother's in an idol group. What the do you need another job for? Aren't you already their stylist too?"

"I want to support myself and live on my own. After I moved out of my parent's house, I moved into BTS's dorm. I want to have a place of my own now. Also I can't join you guys. I don't want a repeat of the past." I told Simon.

"It won't happen again. Just live with us Minji. I've told you this so many times. You're welcome at Dalmatian's place anytime." Simon persisted. Dalmatian was the group of assassins that ruled the streets of Gangnam, day and night. The rest of the members happened to work at the cafe as well.

"Yeah Minji. Just move in with us already. We'll support you." Youngwon said as he was passing by. He stopped beside me to pull his long hair up into a ponytail at the base of his neck. I had told him several times that I adored his hair. It was such a good look on him.

"I can't just tell my brother I'm moving in with a bunch of assassins, that he might never see me again, and to live a good life." I pouted at the two guys.

"Who said he has to know?" Jisu came out from the back room smirking.

"I can't just leave those guys alone. They're hopeless without me around in the dorm." I protested.

"It's up to you Minji but just know that you're always welcome at our place." Inati, the leader of the gang, said as he went to the front door to flick on the open sign.

"We are now officially open which means save the assassin talk for later." The oldest member warned the us like he did everyday. We all nodded and put on our "normal people" smiles. No one not even our boss knew that the boys were assassins. So Inati always made sure to remind us to stay quiet about that stuff until work was over. Our boss wasn't around much and for that we were thankful. He wasn't one of the nicest people we knew. For the next few hours I took orders and gave them to Jisu, our bartender, and Youngwon, our chef. I was a waitress that took care of the main floor while Simon manned the register and Inati helped out with everything. We worked really well as a group so things got done quite efficiently. At 9:00 pm, it was time to close up shop like we usually did. Inati flicked the sign off and told us we did well. We all cleaned up and reset everything for the next day before heading to the back room. We took our aprons off and got changed. 

"How about we go back to our place for some drinks?" Inati suggested. "You up for it Minji?" He asked me.

"Okay just go ahead I'll meet you guys up front in a second." I told them. The guys nodded and left the room. I looked around one last time before pulling out the picture hidden towards the back of the locker I used for work. I always looked at it after work. It had become a ritual. I stared at the picture trying not to get emotional. "Gosh I miss you so much Daniel." I whispered as I ran my fingers over the old picture of our friend Daniel Chae. He was no longer with us though. He had died protecting me from an assassination attempt about 4 months ago. "Should've just let me die." I muttered as tears streaked down my cheeks. I still couldn't stop blaming myself for his death. He died saving me. It was my fault he wasn't here with us today. I didn't want anything like that to happen again so I tried to keep my distance from Dalmatian's gang business.

"Minji what's taking you so long? Minji?" It was Youngwon's voice. "What's wrong?" He asked me. 

"Nothing." I replied quickly and wiped my face. He took the picture from me.

"Are you still blaming yourself for his death? It's not your fault." Youngwon tried to calm me down by patting my back.

"Yes it was! If they hadn't known I was with you guys they wouldn't have tried to kill me and he wouldn't have died. Daniel's gone because of me." I sobbed in his arms.

"Daniel knew what he was getting into when he joined the gang. He knew they would go after you if they found out about you. We're all prepared to die any day because that's what this job calls for. Stop crying about the past and move on. Mourning isn't going to bring him back." Youngwon told me.

"You're right." I sniffled a little. "Let's go drink. I need to forget about everything."

"Wipe your tears." He said. I dabbed my eyes and checked myself in the mirror before turning back to Youngwon.

"I'm ready now. Let's go." I took his arm as we left the locker room and went to the front of the shop.

"Took you long enough. Come on." Inati lead the way outside. We stood by our separate vehicles as the leader locked the store up. 

"Do you want to ride with us? We can put your bike in the back." Jisu suggested.

"Nah it's okay. I'll just follow behind." I told him. With that, the Dalmatian members all got into Simon's car and I got on my motorcycle.

"See ya there." Simon waved to me before flooring his car and racing out of the lot. I was not too far behind. In about 20 minutes we had reached their apartment on the other side of Gangnam. I parked my bike next to Simon's car and killed the engine. I stretched before turning to the Dalmatian members.

"Let's go get wasted!" I cheered. The guys laughed as we entered their expensive apartment building. I walked into their place as if it was mine and took a seat on one of the couches in the living room.

"Don't get too drunk. You still need to get back to your brother's dorm." Jisu warned me.

"Don't worry Jisu-ah. I can handle my alcohol just fine!~" I sang.

~~2 Hours Later~~

"Simon oppa do you like my wings?" I slurred.

"Minji-ah what wings? Stop trying to fly! You're going to get hurt!" He scolded, standing up to try to get me down from the 7 foot fish tank they had in their living room.

"How did she even get up there?" Inati pondered.

"That girl is like ing Spiderman." Youngwon commented.

"I believe I can fly!~ I believe I can touch the sky!~ Why can't I reach it?!" I tried to grab at the ceiling.

"I think it's time for her to go to sleep." Simon told the guys.

"I'd let her sleep here but her brother wouldn't like that. He thinks we're delinquents." Inati said.

"We are delinquents." Jisu corrected the leader.

"Not necessarily but whatever. We need to get her back. It's already midnight." Inati informed s.

"I'll drive her back." Youngwon volunteered.

"Okay but watch your back." The leader warned him.

"No worries hyung." Youngwon replied taking out his gun, spinning it once before putting it away. "Don't wait up for me." He pulled me down from the fish tank and into his arms where I passed out immediately. Jisu gave him my bag and helped him out the door. Youngwon made his way down to the parking lot, put me in his car, and got in. When we got to Bangtan's dorm, he carried me out of the car bridal style, planting a kiss on my forehead. He made his way to BTS's door and hit the buzzer.

"Why are you here?" Rap Monster asked when he opened the door. "What happened to my noona?!" 

"Chill we just drank and she passed out. She'll be fine." Youngwon handed me over to my brother.

"How many times do I have to tell you delinquents to stay away from her?" Namjoon hissed at the older male.

"Kinda hard to do when we work together." Youngwon replied. "Tell her one of us will bring her bike tomorrow morning. Take care of her." He told Rap Monster before turning to leave. 

"You don't have to tell me to take care of my own sister. Delinquents....." Namjoon muttered before closing the door. 

"What is it?" Jin asked from the living room.

"Minji got wasted and passed out at the delinquents' place." The leader told him. All of BTS knew about my friendship with Dalmatian but they weren't too accepting of it. They knew that the members had dropped out of school to work at the cafe but that was about it. What they didn't know was that they were one of South Korea's top assassin teams stationed in Gangnam, Seoul. The less the BTS members knew though, the better .

"Here I'll take her to our room." Jin stood up to take me into his arms. My brother handed me over to my roommate and bid him good night. He went into our room and discarded me on my bed carelessly out of jealousy before getting into his bed and going to sleep. I could blame him for the soreness  I felt in my neck and back the next morning. When I got up the next morning I could barely move my head without it hurting. I struggled to look over at Jin's bed and saw that he was still sleeping peacefully. The guys had the day off today so I hadn't needed to worry about their outfits last night which was why I had a few drinks. I wonder what they ate though. They probably ordered takeout or had Jin cook for them.

" I need to get to work." I got out of bed and got ready. I cooked a quick breakfast for the boys before heading out for the day. When I got down to the parking lot, I looked around for my motorcycle but I couldn't find it. "Where is it?" I asked myself. 

"Minji!" Someone called. I turned around to see Simon on my bike. "You left it at our place last night because Youngwon took you home. Come on get on. Let's go or we'll be late." I didn't question Simon as I got behind him and held onto his waist. When we got to the cafe, Youngwon's car was already in the lot. The guys took turns taking the members' cars to work each day.

"Thanks for getting my bike oppa." I hugged Simon.

"No problem." He replied as we entered the store. We went into the back room to put on our aprons before getting to work. I was wiping down the counters before we opened for the day when I realized Jisu and Youngwon were observing me from nearby with smirks on their faces.

"So Minji-ah. Still think you can fly?" Jisu teased me. Him and Youngwon cracked up and high-fived each other. I was confused for a second until all the events from last night came flooding back. I must've made a fool of myself. Usually I could drink really well so things like this didn't happen often.

"Simon oppa do you like my wings?~ " The duo continued to tease me. I groaned and slammed my head against the granite countertop. These bastards are lucky I love them or I would've severely injured one of them by now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

With Dalmatian, Jisu, Daniel, and Youngwon are Minji's age while Inati and Simon are her oppas. Also Dalmatian look like they did during the E.R era with the y tattoos and all. It was my favorite concept of theirs. Dalmatian are not idols in this. Thank you and enjoy!