Chapter 2

Love Unexpected

Mr. Song knocked once on the door and a reply came from inside, “come in” Shin Hye heavily inhaled and exhale as she prepared to go in after Mr. Song.

On getting inside, she looked around the office appreciating this office’s interior design; it was indeed first class work. She thought to herself that the owner of this office had indeed great taste and new exactly what he wanted. The walls were painted white, black marble tiles for the floors, black leather sofa set, it was beautiful and well-coordinated. She continued exploring the room as she walk behind Mr. Song and finally she saw the person of interest.

He was right there in the middle of this huge office, seated in chair behind his desk looking down at some documents. He was nothing like what she had imagined him to be; quite franking he was the exact opposite of what she imagined. He was the most beautiful creature she had ever set her eyes on, he was young, and he couldn’t be that much older than she was. She was completely star struck, she could not stop looking and admiring him until she heard him say something.

“Just a minute please” he said, signed the document and then focused all his attention on them. He was looking straight at her and she could not look direct at him because she feared her thoughts would be too transparent. Truth is she was definitely crushing over her boss God help her,her heart was beatng so hard she feared they would hear it, and this is exactly what she did not want. How was she supposed to work with this guy, just how does one concentrate on work in his presence.

She was brought back from her thoughts when Mr. Song started with the introductions. “Minho-ssi meet Park Shin Hye-ssi, she will be working as your new secretary. He turned towards me and said Shin Hye-ssi, meet your boss Lee Minho-ssi. “Shin Hye-ssi,” he stretched out his hand for a hand shake to which she obliged and the shook hands. The process was very brief lasted like 2 seconds but it was enough for her to feel the softness and smoothness of his long fingers, just like a baby’s.

“Well then, I guess I should leave you two to get acquainted with each other.” Mr. Song said and immediately walked out the office. She stood by waiting for her first official command and promised to excel at it; this was her chance to impress him.

“I will be heading out for a meeting right now, so you will not be accompanying me on this but do get yourself oriented with all the documents in that file as you will be attending the next meeting.” “Did Joong Ki-ssi show you your office?” she shook her head sideways and with that he directed her that it was the office just before reaching his. He picked the documents he was looking at when they came and left for the meeting. Once she heard the door close behind him, she finally exhaled; she didn’t even realize she had been holding her breath. She quickly got the file she was supposed to acquaint herself with and walked out his office.

At her desk, flashed back at everything that had happened, she couldn’t wait to Geun Young-ah everything, but she would do it later after reading the file better yet, she will have to meet her after work. She has been her friend since high school; they are really close like two peas in the pod, each having the best wishes for the other. She decided to call her about meeting after work and then started reading the file. She was still reading the file when someone knocked on her door, “come in” Shin Hye called out without looking up from the file she was reading. “I see you have comfortable settled into your office” she looked up and noticed it was Mr. Song. “Mr. Song, sorry I was so into this I didn’t notice you. So, how can I be of help to you?” Shin Hye asked. “I was worried you would miss noticing that it’s lunch time and came by and from my observation it is indeed the case. I will direct you to the company cafeteria, have lunch and then continue with those file later, ok?” she wasn’t sure if she should leave before her boss returned from his meeting but since Mr. Song insisted and her boss hadn’t stated when the meeting would end, she decided to go ahead with his suggestion. He walked with to the elevator up to the cafeteria and excused himself.

The meeting finally ended and Minho hurriedly walked back to his office, he was worried she wouldn’t go for lunch without his permission. “She probably doesn’t even know her way to the cafeteria,” he hadn’t had time to show her around. All through the meeting his mind was always falling back to his new secretary, he wasn’t expecting that. She was a lot younger than he had expected. His formal secretary was way older than him and more experienced. He remembered how shy she had been, the girl didn’t even once raise her gaze from the flow throughout the interaction. It is because of this that he worried she would miss out on her lunch.

He reached the office as fast as he could so as to release her, only to find her desk empty. “Could she be in my office?” he hurried to his office but she wasn’t there. “Where could she have gone to,” he wondered to himself. At this time he was anxious and bothered by her disappearance. He decided to call Joong Ki because he was the other person who could have known about her presence at the company. “Is Miss Park with you? I can’t seem to find her.” Minho asked Joong Ki. “I left her at the cafeteria having lunch, poor thing was so engrossed in reading those files she didn’t even realize it was already lunch time.” He continued that she was worried about leaving her post without her boss’s permission, “I almost had to drag her out by force. Am actually jealous you got yourself a loyal secretary way better than mine man.” Joong Ki complained. Minho was relived and thanked his friend and hang up. He decided to go for quick lunch also, as he was about to go out of the office he decided to leave a note for her at her desk.

At the cafeteria, Shin Hye was heartily enjoying her lunch as she thought to herself. “Everything in this place is perfect, the buildings, the people and now even the food.” It seemed like she was in some kind of imaginary world where everything was perfect. “I have to do a good job; opportunities like this don’t happen to everyday people like me. I need to do a perfect job. Aja, Aja” she encouraged herself. On that note she quickly finished her lunch and went back to her work station.

At her office, she wondered if her boss had come by, if he was in his office or out. She knocked on his door and when she didn’t get a reply she gently opened the door. “He’s not in,” she walked and sat at her desk wondering if he had come by when she was out, if he had, was he disappointed. She hoped this wasn’t the case. She decided to continue with the files she was reading and there it was a note from her boss. “Came by while you were out, gone for lunch too, will meet you after. Lee Minho-ssi.”

Minho came back from lunch and asked her to join him in his office. She walked in after him and they sat down in the sofas in his office. “How far have you gone with that file, anything you are having trouble understanding?” he asked. She had finally finished reading the file by the time he came back from his lunch and thanks to her dependable brain she was well conversant with all that she had to know. “I have finished reading the file and am fine with everything sir.” She replied. “That’s good, I will need you to memorize my schedule and arrange yours accordingly, it should coincide except on weekends however there might be cases when even your weekend might be surrendered. Also you should be ready to travel with me in case we have business abroad. Are you ok with all that? It is what I expect of you.” He waited for her reply. She hadn’t really thought about the business trips before as part of her roles but the rest she was ok with. “Ne, agree with everything.” Shin Hye replied. He hadn’t realized that he was holding his breath until she said yes and he released it. He really wanted her to say yes.

After their meeting ended Shin Hye noticed that it was already day end and there it was, her first day at work. On a scale of one to ten it was a ten, everything was perfect beyond her wildest dream. She bade farewell to her boss and headed out to meet Geun Young.

They met at her mother’s restaurant.

“So I want to know everything, start from the very beginning and please don’t leave anything out ok?” Geun Young emphasized. Shin Hye smiled, “omo, it is that good, tell me, please don’t keep me waiting.” She begged. Shin Hye narrated all to her friend and as she did this, Geun Young couldn’t help noticing the big smile on best friend’s on her face. “Are crushing on your boss?” she asked. “He is really handsome, I was blown away, he is God’s gift to women, if you saw him, you would understand” Shin Hye defended herself. “As if looks are not enough he is kind, caring and very observant. Would you believe it, he actually left me a note so I wouldn’t worry.” Shin Hye continued.

“Do you think he is married? Geun Young asked.

“Don’t think so, I didn’t notice a wedding band on his finger. But I think he has someone I mean come on a guy like him can’t be single. Guys like him are the first to be taken off the shelf.” As she said this, the smile previously on her face was now replaced by sad thoughtful expression. Geun Young noticed and asked what she was thinking about. “It’s nothing” she denied but her friend wasn’t convinced. “Tell me. Get it off your taste.” She insisted.

“Do you think am asking for too much, me wishing that someone like him could like me? Is it wrong for me to want this? You know that I haven’t dated anyone before, it’s because I am waiting for a wonderful guy to give all my love to. Am worried I may never meet him because all the guys I fall for are taken or way out of my league.” Shin Hye looked at her friend with teary eyes.

“Where is this coming from? Since when are you harboring such silly thoughts? You are beautiful young lady with a promising future. That is more than enough to earn you any guy you wish to have. If they don’t see it, then it’s their loss. Now stop crying, today is a good day let’s not spoil it with tears ok?” consoled Geun Young. After that Shin Hye felt better and they continued with their celebrations after which they went back home, her with her mum.

Shin Hye showered before going to bed. While in bed she thought of everything that had transpired but most importantly she thought of HIM, LEE MIN HO. With that thought she slept and couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come.

Back at his apartment Minho thought about Shin Hye, her shyness, her determination to do well, he was impressed. He found himself wanting tomorrow to come soon and because of that, he went to bed early.

I hope am not boring you yet. There goes chapter 2 

Thanks