Chapter 15

Love Unexpected

The weekend had been a memorable one for the two and Shinhye couldn’t hide her happy expression. She couldn’t wait to become Mrs. Lee even just thinking about it gave butterflies her heart. She was imagining their life together in a cozy home with some kids running around oh how she wished it wasn’t a dream. She wanted to have a cute baby boy just like him, he would sure love him.

Joong Ki: Care to share what’s causing that beautiful smile.

Shinhye felt embarrassed being caught red handed as she daydreamed.

Shinhye: It’s nothing

Joong Ki: I wasn’t aware people smile over nothing.

Shinhye sensed his hurt because it seemed like she was excluding him again.

Shinhye: Joong Ki oppa

She extended her hand and showed him this sparkling stone on her finger. He looked at it and understood everything.

Joong Ki: He….?

Shinhye just nodded her head confirming his question. She was beaming with happiness.

Shinhye: Last night.

Joong Ki congratulated her with a hug which she graciously accepted.

Minho found them hugging and he pretended to clear his voice making them aware of his presence.

Shinhye ran to his side and informed him about revealing the engagement news to Joong Ki oppa.

Joong Ki congratulated Minho on his success on acquiring a beautiful jewel and wished them a happy life together.

Minho: Komawo Joong Ki-ah

Joong Ki: So when is the wedding?

Shinhye: In a month’s time.

Joong Ki: Am I invited?

Minho: Invited? Are you kidding, you have to be there. Would you be my best man?

Joong Ki was touched that they wanted him as the best man on their specially and gladly accepted.

Joong Ki: I would love to.

He left the two and went on to his office.

Minho looked down at Shinhye and he couldn’t help thinking he is a lucky man. He almost lost her before but he would do everything now to protect her and love her to his last breath. He wanted to have babies with her especially a little girl that looked just like her. She would be his princess and he would shower her with lots of love.

Shinhye: Oppa, what are you thinking about?

Minho: About our children. I wanted a little girl just like her mother.

Shinhye: I want a boy just like his dad.

Minho: How many shall we have?

Shinhye: Two?

She looked at him and he wasn’t responding

Shinhye: Three…..? Four?

Minho: Four, two girls and two boys.

Shinhye: Ok

Minho: I love you

Shinhye: I love you more oppa.

And they sealed it with a kiss.

At lunch break the two left to meet Minho’s mum. They wanted to give the engagement news together. They told her about their news and she was so happy for the two and wished them well. She insisted on helping with the wedding preparations and Shinhye accepted because she needed help given their limited time. He loved that his mum loved Shinhye and that Shinhye loved his mum. He only wished his dad would also give her a chance.

That evening after work, Shinhye met with Geun Young at her parents’ restaurant. She wanted to start planning their wedding since there wasn’t a lot of time she wanted her dream wedding. Geun Young was going to be her maid of honor and she was over joyed. She was happy that her best friend finally met her prince and she would have her happily ever after.

Minho called his mum and inquired about his dad’s situation.

Minho: How is he?

Minho’s mum: Stubborn as usual. He is still holding out but I think am about to win him over. He is feeling bad about what happened last time but as you know he is a very proud man. I have a feeling he wants to apologize but his pride is stopping him. Be patient honey, am sure he will come around.

Minho: I just hope it happens soon because I know it bothers Shinhye even though she doesn’t mention about it. I think she sensed that my dad is against our relationship.

Minho’s mum: She is such a good girl. Don’t worry too much honey I will make sure he accepts her before your wedding day. OK?

Minho called Shinhye and asked about her meeting with Geun Young. She filled him in and he could sense her excitement even over the phone.

Minho: You like it that much?

Shinhye: What?

Minho: Becoming my wife?

Shinhye: De

She said it so softly he almost did hear her and then she answered him confidently.

Shinhye: De Oppa, so much so I would do it tomorrow if you asked.

Minho was over whelmed by her reply and felt a tight knot in his throat.

Shinhye: Oppa?

Minho: Where are you?

Shinhye: In my room, why?

Minho: Can you come out you house, an outside.

Shinhye rushed out the house and looked for him outside. He saw her and waved. She ran to him and hugged him tight.

Minho: I wanted to give my reply in person. I can’t wait to marry you and I would marry you tomorrow if it was up to me but I want you to have the wedding of your dreams. It’s gone to be hard waiting for all that time but I am sure it will be worth it. Ok?

Shinhye: Okay.

Minho: you go back in before your parents start to worry. I just wanted to see you and now I have. Go on now. I will see you tomorrow.

She didn’t want to let go but she knew that he was right, it was late and he had to drive to his house. He got into his house and drove off.

Later that week Minho got a call from Chaewon congratulating him on his engagement. He was surprised that she knew about it already but she claimed that a friend of her mum had informed her mum. He still wasn’t sure but given that their families were close and had close friends, it was possible his mum had mentioned to some of her friends who could have in return told Chaewon’s mum. She wished him success in his upcoming wedding and advised him to work hard in order to prevent history from repeating itself. He was glad she had fully given up on him and that she was now acting like his friend.

After talking with Minho and succeeding in getting Shinhye’s number from him with the excuse of personally congratulating her, Chaewon dialed her number and waited for her reply.

Shinhye: Hallo?

Chaewon: Shinhye, this is Chaewon, I got your number from Minho

Shinhye was surprised by the call but she hid it well.

Shinhye: Nice to hear from you, how are you?

Chaewon: OK, but I am sure you are better than me. Minho told me your guys are getting married.

Shinhye didn’t feel comfortable discussing this with her but she didn’t know how to avoid it.

Shinhye: Yes, we are getting married next month. I hope it is ok with you because I wouldn’t want to offend you in anyway.

Chaewon: Yes Shinhye, it is really ok, Minho is my friend and I wish him all the happiness in this world. From what I see you are that happiness. To show that I am really not holding any grudges, I would like to invite you for lunch, what do you say?

Shinhye wasn’t sure if she should accept but Chaewon insisted and she decided to accept her lunch invitation. They planned to meet that afternoon and Chaewon picked her from work and the two drove off together in Chaewon’s car.

 

Hope you enjoyed this story, we are almost at the end now. thanks for upvoting and subscribing for my story. i appreciated the comments because it shows one was touched enough to the point of expressing it. THANKS GUYS. 

This was my first time writing anything outside english class so am glad and shocked I was able to write such a long story.

I started another minshin ff called Ever After, check it out.