Chapter 12

Love Unexpected

Minho was awaked by the sound from this phone. He searched for it with his hands without opening his eyes. Who could be calling at this ungodly hour. Without checking caller ID he answered the call.

Minho: hallo?

Minho’s mum: Honey is what am hearing true?

Minho: What have you heard?

Minho’s mum: that you were parading some other girl as your girlfriend, someone else other than Chae won.

He immediately sat up straight before he could answer her query. News sure travels fast. He knew they would find out, just not this fast.

Minho’s mum: Honey, are you still on the line

Minho: am still here, but can we not discuss this over the phone?

Minho’s mum: So it is true.

Minho heard broken her heart but he was going to put himself first this time.

Minho: Am sorry omma I will explain everything.

Minho’s mum: Your dad has already booked tickets on the next flight will shall be there tomorrow.

Minho: what?

Minho: yes honey, he is very upset with you right now.

Minho: ok omma, thanks for the heads up, I will pick you at the airport and then I will explain everything to the both of.

They both hang up their phones and Minho was left thinking his next steps until they arrived come tomorrow. He decided to call Shinhye first because he wasn’t about to repeat his last mistakes. She was going to be updated every step of the way. They had agreed to communicate about all things that could potentially cause misunderstandings or that may affect their relationship.

Shinhye: hallo

She answered with sleepy voice.

Shinhye: Oppa, it’s too early to wake up, why, what’s up?

Minho: sorry dear, I didn’t mean to wake you but we have to talk now before I take any steps.

Shinhye: why, what happened?

Minho: My parents found out about us and they are on their way back to Korea. We need to plan how to handle this.

Shinhye: have you talked to Chae won about it, has her family found out yet?

Minho: I haven’t talked to her yet, I wanted to first talk to you before speaking to her. But I guess they have also found out by now because am sure my dad contacted her dad by now.

Am thinking Chae won and I should meet both our parents and explain everything together.

Shinhye: yes oppa, I think that’s a good idea, call her and make arrangements.

Minho: let me call her and then I will get back to you. Don’t go back to sleep, arraso?

Shinhye: deee…

She hung up and immediately went on her knees to pray.

Shinhye: I was worried about this happening and it’s here now, please God let there not be another mountain standing in our way. Let their parents understand their decision and accept our love.

Minho called Chae won but her phone was switched off.

Minho: Maybe she is in surgery, I will try again later.

After 30 minutes he tried calling again and still her phone was switched off. This time he left a message asking her to call him us soon as possible.

He then called Shinhye and they planned to meet at the office before he picked his parents.

They both greeted at work with a brief peck.

Shinhye: so have you been able to contact her yet?

Minho: Not yet and am starting to think her parents already got to her. I guess I will have to face them first and then we shall do it together later.

Shinhye: I wish I could be with you but it is better you first talk to them. Just open up your heart to them and they will understand.

She hugged him and he held her tightly like he would never let her go.

Minho: Please know this dear, no matter what happen, this here, us, will remain us is, I will not let anything or anyone change that. Ok?

Shinhye: ok.

He drove to the airport anticipating their talk, it was going to be hard but he intended to do his best. He needed to get their blessing not for him because he was ready to do away with it but he would get it for her because he didn’t want her feeling unwanted, not her.

They exchanged pleasantries with his dad too annoyed to even care about disguising his mood. They drove silently without anyone saying a thing until they reached home and all hell broke loose. His dad punched him and the faced that landed him on the floor. His mum ran to his side and helped him up.

Minho’s mum: did you have to do that?! Here now, get up.

Minho’s dad: stop treating him like child, he is a grown man now, it is because of that that he does the things he does.

Minho’s mum: and you are you treating him like an adult? If you know he is an adult then why can’t you listen to him before to make your conclusion?

Minho’s dad: what explanation could he possibly give?

Minho: we need to talk

He didn’t wait for his reply and walked to the study expecting him to follow.

Minho’s dad: what just happened here? Did he just order me to follow him?

Minho’s mum: Well what did you expect after what you just did?

The two men were both in the study and his mum decided to stay out and let them talk. She decided to unpack their bags in the meantime and after she would prepare dinner for them.

Minho: I am sorry dad for being a disappointment, but you have to listen to what I have to say. Chae won and I got divorced.

Minho’s dad: you what?

Minho: yes dad, we both agreed that it was the best for the both of us. We were not happy dad. To be honest I only agreed to that marriage because you insisted or should I say you blackmailed me with your illness. But now,

Minho’s dad: now what?

Minho: Now I am going to fight for my love, yes dad you heard me right. The girl you heard about is my love and she means everything to me, everything.

Minho’s dad: I will not acknowledge her ok? You can go ahead and do what you set out to do but I will never accept her.

He slammed the door as he walked away leaving Minho staring in space.

Minho: well I knew it wouldn’t be easy, right Minho-yah?

He walked with sad face and his mum quickly ran his side. They had been making loud noises so she had everything and felt sorry for her son.

Minho’s mum: tell me everything and I will try to talk to him later when he has stopped being the green monster.

They walked into his room a she sat down on his bed and he sat down next to her.

Minho: I love her mum. I really do.

He adjusted his position and laid his head on her lap holding her arm just like he always did when he was little. She rubbed his hair with her other free hand.

He told her everything about Shinhye and the feelings they have for each other.

Minho’s mum: is she the reason you didn’t want to get married the first time.

Minho: yes, in fact we had just started dating then. I broke her heart then but I will not do it again. It would kill me. I love her so much I don’t think I will be able to let her go ever again.

He closed his eyes and fell asleep and she noticed tears running down his cheek. She gently cleared them with her hands. She felt her heart ache for him she didn’t want to see him suffer like this. She loved Chae won but her son’s wellbeing comes first.

She made a silent oath to help him keep his love even if it meant stepping over his arrogant stupid husband of hers.