Chapter 3

Love Unexpected

Shin Hye hurriedly opened her office door only to be met with a pair of eyes looking up at her. It was her boss, seated at her desk. “Am sure I am not late, in fact am sure of it, how come this guy is already here, exactly what time does he report to work? Unless if my watch broke down, but sure it’s fine”, she was confused and the only thing she thought of saying was “Morning sir”

“Good morning Miss Park” he replied.

Next words that came out were “am I late?”

“No you are not late, you are early I just came earlier” Minho answered. He was early today because he couldn’t wait to see her face again, and looking at her now, she seemed to look even better than she did yesterday. She was not slim and tall like those beautiful ladies in the magazines, no not her. She had curves, beautiful hair and flawless skin. He continued looking at her face noticing how her eyes couldn’t quite meet his and then his gaze moved down until he was looking at her beautiful lips which she instinctively leaked exposing her tongue. He was envisioned his lips kissing hers, God help him, he was clearly losing it. He his mouth and cleared his throat as he walked into his office. He needed to create space between them.

Shin Hye felt his gaze looking at her, she could feel herself blushing, he was looking at her, because this handsome guy was checking her out. As his gaze continued down to her lips, Shin Hye held her breath and unconsciously leaked her lips then. She had him clear his throat and saw him walk to his office and shut the door behind him. She quickly walked to her desk and sat down where he was sitting a few seconds age. The seat was still warm with his warmth and this brought pleasure to her. It felt as if he was seated next to her. A smile formed on her face as she imagined him sitting next to her, his arms around her chatting about silly things, it was haven.

Inside his office, Minho was amused at himself, “just what was wrong with me” he pondered. He sat down at his desk, deciding to get to work. With that decided, he called her into his office.

“Miss Park, please come to my office and please come with today’s schedule.” She immediately ended her fantasy, picked the schedule and walked to his office. Today’s schedule was filled with meetings with the first starting at 9; it was 8:30 then. That met they had to prepared and go. They both prepared and went straight to the board room. Shin Hye noted everything that was discussed and promised to organize her notes before going for lunch because immediately after lunch they were in for another meeting. She looked up at Minho, he was so focused on the presentation, and she could sense that the presenter was aware of this because he seemed uneasy. He was indeed the man in charge, no doubt about that. She also noticed Mr. Song, who smile and bowed his head as their eyes met. She smiled and bowed her head to him.

During the meeting Minho found himself checking up on her, he wanted to make sure she wasn’t overwhelmed. She looked so focused during the whole presentation as she jotted down notes on her notebook. Seeing her in this environment, she belonged, not even an oz. of being a newbie, she was fitting right in with that, he went back to the presentation. After meeting, Shin Hye walked to Minho, and they walked out together back to their offices. At the office, she quickly moved to her desk and started working on the report; she had less than an hour to lunch. Minho looked at her with amusement and walked to his office.

While in his office, he received a phone call. He looked at the caller ID and realized it was Moon Chae Won, his yeoja chingu for the past year and immediately picked up. “Hello” he said.

“Hello Oppa, did you miss me?” Chae won asked. “Well I hope you did because am back in Korea for good. I finalized my studies in the states so am all yours Oppa.”

“What, you are in Korea right now?” Minho asked

“Ne, oppa, I am in Korea heading home but I wanted to talked you into having dinner with me tonight, ok, oppa?”

“Nee…, I will pick you up at 7 in the evening at your parents’ home, is that ok with you? He asked.

“Nee.., I will wait for you, don’t be late, am hanging up, bye Oppa.” She hung up.

Minho hung up and thought about Chae won, she was his childhood friend/ best friend. Their families were close and because of this, both families decided to strengthen their bond by encouraging them to marry each other. Chae Won was pleased with this plan because she had always liked him and that fact wasn’t a secret. He liked her but he wasn’t attracted to her romantically however he agreed since it would make everyone happy. They were engaged in a month after which she left for the states for her medical degree. They kept in-touch with each other all this time, she would come back on holiday breaks during which times they would dine out and he must admit he really enjoyed himself during those occasions. And now she was back in Korea, he was excited about meeting her later.

“Aren’t you going for lunch Miss Park?” Minho asked

She looked up and so him, “I just have to save this and go.” She replied.

“Let’s go together, I will be eating at the company cafeteria too, finish up fast, not much time is left until the afternoon meeting.” He said and sat down waiting for her. She saved and switched off the computer and they headed down to the cafeteria. Walking down together, people kept looking at them with question eyes same even murmured to each other. She knew they were curious about her closeness to the company CEO and quite frankly she didn’t blame them, she would have wondered the same if she was them. If only they knew the truth and how far off their thoughts were. She looked at him and noticed he wasn’t affected by their reactions at all, it seemed like he didn’t even notice any of it. They got their lunch and sat at a secluded table. He eat his food while stirring at her, he discovered she was a ‘good eater’ she was full enjoying her food not at all affected by his presence. She could feel his eyes on her which made her stuff herself with food, she figured the faster she finished her food, the sooner they would leave. She only hoped he wouldn’t think that she had huge appetite. They finished their lunch in silence and went back for the meeting.

Later that evening, Minho dined with Chae Won at her favorite restaurant. She was beautiful as always and a bundle of joy to be with. She talked about her experiences in the States, the boys who always wanted to get her number, how much she missed him, etc. She just kept talking and he listened as they reminisced about their growing days.

“Oppa, you’re quiet, are you sick?” Chae Won asked.

“Hmm, no, am not sick, I was just thinking about something that’s all” more like someone he thought to himself. “Why am I think of her now,” he worried he was obsessing over his secretary. He has been at it all day, always watching out for her, thinking of her, he needed to stop it before she noticed it, that’s if she hasn’t yet. Chae Won wondered if his business was having problems and that’s what he was thinking about. She hoped that was not the case because she knows how hard he works to stay on top, his work came first, even to her, she always came after and she had finally understood and accepted this fact. Both left the restaurant, he drove her to her parents’ home and headed to his apartment.

The days went by and week finally came to an end. He had continued having his lunch with Shin Hye and they had come to comfortably interact. He found out about her best friend Geun Young whom she considered as a sister, about her parents and the fact that they owned a restaurant, she had also shared about thinking he was some old man before meeting him. To defend herself, she argued that it wasn’t an everyday thing for young guys like him to be CEOs of huge companies. She even went ahead to compliment him on his achievements. He was so touched by her compliment and without releasing, he had hugged her. She was shocked and tried to pull away but he tightened his arms around her until she stopped fighting free. “Let me hold you for few more seconds,” he had begged. He had even forgotten about their surroundings, they had onlookers watching, he released her and they left for their office. They hadn’t talked about it after but his feelings for her were growing since then. He had checked her CV then and got her phone number but he hadn’t used it yet but he was going to   use it today, he just had to think of an excuse that’s all, he thought.

Finally the weekend was here, Shin Hye was happy to be off work, she planned to rest after working so hard during the week. She was going to meet Geun Young and they would spend their Saturday together, she had missed her a lot since they met last on her first day of work.

They were having lunch when Geun Young asked about HIM, “How is it working for him?” “It is fun working with him”, Shin Hye replied. I told you about that issue of having lunch with him every day, well that helped a lot because now he feels more of a friend than a boss.

“Hmm, I see, so now you guys are friends right.” Geun Young stated. “Are you still experiencing those butterflies in you tummy around him?” she asked.

“Not really, only during certain moments.” Shin Hye answered.

“Moments like?” Geun Young asked

Shin Hye smiled and blurted out, he hugged me Geun Young-ah, me…., in the company cafeteria and said, she cleared her voice and tried to imitate his voice “let me hold you for a few more seconds” Geun Young-ah, I was floating on air, people were looking but he didn’t mind. I think he is into me and although he hasn’t said it yet, I feel he cares. I sense him looking at me when he thinks am not aware, also according to people at work, he used not to eat at the cafeteria and now he is always eating there. I think it’s his way of spending more time with me. What do you think Geun Young-ah hmmm?” Shin Hye asked.

“He did all that? Geun Young asked. Shin Hye nodded her head confirming it.

“Chinguya, I think you are right, no cancel that, I don’t think, am sure he likes you, ya- chingu am so happy for you, I was worried after last time, about all your worries but I guess were don’t have to, and he is clearly hooked on you. Now all we have to do is make sure he stays hooked, ok?” “Ne” Shin Hye laughingly answered. They happily enjoyed their day together and finally separated in the evening.

Minho had had lunch with Chae Won that afternoon but his mind was pre occupied with finding an excuse to call Shin Hye and still he hadn’t yet food one. So he had decided he would call her later at night with or without an excuse and it seems the later was the case. He got his phone, scrolled down and there it was her number. Now all he had to do was to dial and wait.

Shin Hye prepared for bed, and as she was about to sleep, her phone started vibrating. “Who could be calling at this time? Could it be Geun Young-ah,” she got her phone to check. She didn’t recognize it and decided not to pick the call, she was exhausted.

“Why isn’t she picking? Minho wondered, “did I mascot her number, surely not. Am sure I wrote it down well. ” He decided to call her again. He waited as the phone wrong and finally she picked the call.

“Hello……..,”

 

It’s a bit slow but I hope to improve it. there goes chapter 3

Thanks again

Continue commenting, I find that your comments motivate me to continue writing.