Chapter 10

Love Unexpected

She continued crying and after a few minutes, she cleaned her eyes, picked her bag and walked out the restaurant leaving him without saying a word.

She didn’t go to their home that night, she needed time and space to think about everything that had happened. She instead went to the doctor’s dorm and lucky for her it was free of occupants. She was heartbroken. She know understood why he never tried during their marriage, why he drunk so much and why he avoided her. It was because he was already taken body and soul. It was all her fault, he did everything because of that . He probably felt more married to her than he did his own wife. Well it would be over her dead body if they thought it was going to be that easy then they are sadly mistaken.

First, she had to find out who the was, she wanted to see what made her so special that Minho fell for her. She suspected the worked with him and that’s were her search would start. She would visit him at the office and try to figure out who it was. She wasn’t about to let some cheap girl take her man. She planned to do it the next day with the excuse of giving him an answer to his request.

Minho wasn’t sure what just happened. Did she agree to the divorce or not. He knew it wasn’t going to be easy but he prayed he did the right thing. He wanted to be honest, if his friend was still in there like he hoped she was, then she would understand and grant his wish. He went to bed with huge worry in his heart. He really wanted to clear everything so he could run to her, his everything Shinhye.

They boarded the same elevator. There was no talking but it sure was a pleasant ride for the two of them. He stood close to her during the ride and she could smell all the way up and feel his warmth. She could feel his instance gaze on her the whole way up and she even she saw him his mouth once. The elevator days opened and they were both brought back to reality.

They walked together to his office, went through the schedule after which she went to her desk and started typing some documents he had asked her to summarize. She was trying to finishing typing her report due that afternoon when she had someone knock at her door. She asked the person to enter. She saw a well polished  lady, she was beautiful and looked like someone that grew up in money.

“Hallo, how may I help you Miss?” Shinhye extended her hand to her as she stood from her seat.

“I want to see him, is he in?” She asked.

“Yes, he’s in, who may I say is visiting? Shinhye asked as she started dialing his line.

“Tell him it’s his wife.” She said and noticed Shinhye pose her movement for a second and continue on.

“Sir, your wife is here to see you.” She said. “You may go in, he is waiting for you.”

Chae won walked into his office leaving Shinhye dying with envy. “So this was the person that got to stay next to my love, she was beautiful and seemed like a nice person. Any guy would want her.” She thought.

Minho was surprised and shocked by her visit, she hadn’t visited his office since she came back after her studies in the States. The last time she came he had a different PS. He was worried Shinhye was hurt by her presence but there was nothing to do, he only hoped she had come to discuss their divorce.

They exchanged pleasantries and she sat opposite him at his table.

“So, I noticed you have a new PS, what happened to your old one?” she asked watching for clues. She was suspecting the new PS as the who stole his heart.

“She resigned, personal reasons.” He answered.

“Am sorry I ran out on you yesterday but as you can understand, I really needed to think. I have thought about everything you said and I will give you an answer today over lunch….. Ok?”  She said.

He didn’t want to do something that could lead to Shinhye thinking badly of him but he had to hear her answer and so he agreed to have lunch with her. They walked out together and Shinhye noticed how Chae won attached he self to him and felt anger grow inside her she thought she appeared green with envy. She forced a smile and wished them to a nice lunch as walked watched.

She was at her desk feeling sorry for herself when Joong Ki and Kim Bum for them to go down for lunch. It had become their thing now. She came back and Minho hadn’t come back yet, she was bothered. She realized her idea of being friends was a bluff, she hadn’t felt like his friend ever and secretly she had hoped he would leave her. She wanted to cry right now.

Minho finally came in 30 minutes later to find a very silent Shinhye, she seemed to be avoiding his eyes. “Could you please come to my office?” He said as he walked away. She wiped her eyes and followed after him shutting the day behind her. He sat on the sofa inviting her to join him there.

She sat far from him and he moved next to her holding both her hands. She was feeling things and tried to pull away from his hold but he wasn’t letting her go. “I have great news and I couldn’t wait to tell you.” He said. “She agreed to the divorce Shinhye, I am finally going to be a free man,” he hugged her and she tried to get what he had just said. “We now have a chance Shinhye, just wait a little more for me and the divorce will be finalized. I know it seems too good to be true but she is really ok with it, I couldn’t believe it either at first but she assured me. She is ok with the divorce.” He said excitedly.

Shinhye was finding hard to believe what he was saying. It didn’t make sense, why she was so willing to give him up because if it was her, she would try to hold onto to him but then again Minho had said he didn’t love her so maybe that’s why she gave him up.

“Aren’t you glad about my news” he asked.

She looked at his handsome face and smiled, “am happy but scared. I feel this happiness will be snatched way anytime.” They looked at each other with eyes that spoke a language only the two of them understood. He was her everything and she was his everything. He moved in for a hug and she obliged him. He wanted to feel her close to him, he held her so close it was becoming had to breathe.

“I can’t breathe,” she said.

He slowly released her but continued holding her close as he looked in her eyes. His eyes slowly moved from her eyes down her nose and stopped at beautiful lips, he wanted to taste them. He had wanted to taste them for the longest time now. His eyes moved back to her eyes and noticed she was also looking at lips too. He moved his hand to her cheeks as he moved in closer for a kiss. She closed her eyes and waited to feel his lips on hers.

And then she felt them touch hers, it was coldish and wet at first but become warm. He on her upper lip and she his lower lip, he moved in closer  to her, they both adjusted so their bodies could touch intensifying the kiss. He moved his hand behind her neck giving access to her tongue, she was hesitant at first for a moment but didn’t shut him out. She followed his lead and they went to heaven. She didn’t did want the kiss to stop, she wanted to stay like this forever. He pulled away only so they could catch their breath and he went back in for the kiss. He finally ended the kiss and hugged her close and they both could hear their heart beat and their heavy breathing.

“I wish we could do that whole had but am afraid we can’t sweet heart, duty calls and am afraid someone will catch us if we go on.” He said as he rubbed her hair. She didn’t want to end this moment but he was right, they had to go back to work. She tried to pull out from the hug but he wasn’t letting her go. They continued in that position for a few minutes and then he finally released her.

Shinhye couldn’t concentrate, she was remembering their moment, her first kiss. It was everything she hoped it would be and more. She closed her eyes running through everything and she her lips tasting him. “I need to stop this before someone catches me, “she advised and tried to concentrate on her work.

He dropped her home and sent her off with her kiss. She walked into her house with a hug smile on her face. Her mother noticed and asked if something special had happened at the office to which she denied. She didn’t want to share her secret yet but she was dying to tell someone to celebrate just not her mum. Not yet. She would tell her when the divorce was finalized. 

Chae won had promised to move out over the weekend as she needed time to find a new place to stay. She couldn’t go to her parents because they had agreed to only inform them when the divorce was finalized. She was going to stay at the hospital in the mean time because she didn’t want his girl misunderstanding them or so she made he believe. She had her own plans it was only a matter of time before she executed them. “They better enjoy their time now because it wasn’t going to last long, not on her watch.” She smiled with evil gaze. “If I don’t get to have him then neither should she.” She said.

When he got home, it was empty, no Chae won. He felt a bit guilty because he was feeling happy that she wasn’t there. He prepared to go to bed but before that he had to call her first. He dialed her number and she answered almost immediately.

“That was first, were you playing with your phone when I called?” he asked.

“Yes,” she quickly answered but truth be told, she was waiting and hoping he would call her. And he did.

“I missed you.” He said

“We just saw each other.” She argued but she also missed him.

“I missed you too.” She shyly said.

“I wanted to listen to your voice before going to bed.” He said. “And now that I have, am sure I will sleep peacefully. Sleep tight sweetheart.”

She wasn’t used to him calling her sweetheart but it sure brought Goosebumps all over her body. 

She smiled.

“Sweet dreams to you too…… oppa.” She softly said and quickly hang up.

It felt good hearing her call him oppa, “he was her oppa now” it sure felt great.