Chapter 17

Love Unexpected

Shinhye was in the operating room for hours and in all that time no communication was made to the relatives. Nurses kept coming in and out of the operating room but nothing said to the family. They were left wondering and praying that it would all be fine. Minho had pulled himself together and dedicated all his efforts on making sure that Chaewon was caught and brought to justice.

There were policemen watching her place of work and also her parents’ house.

Chaewon’s parents were shocked by what their daughter had done but at the same time they were worried for her safety. Immediately they had heard what had happened, they went to the hospital and found Minho and her parents so they could ask for lenience for their daughter.

Minho: You better pray that she gets out of this alive because if she doesn’t, I will personally make sure Chaewon gets what’s coming her way. I will never forgive her for this, not in this lifetime am going to make sure she ends up behind bars where she belongs. I advise you not to do anything hasty because she can’t escape this. Now if you don’t mind your presence here is not needed, leave.

He walked away without giving them chance to say anything else.

The doctor finally came to meet them and they all wanted to hear what he had to say.

Shinhye’ parents: Is she going to be alright?

Doctor: the surgery was success but she lost a lot of blood. We lost the baby

Minho: Baby?

 Doctor: Are you the husband?

Minho: Am her fiancée, she was pregnant?

Doctor: 5 weeks it’s possible she wasn’t aware too. We found a high concentration of ethylmethyline drug in her system. That combined with starvation it’s a miracle we were able save her but unfortunately the baby couldn’t survive it. By the time she got here it was already too late for the baby but we did everything we could to save her. She has been transferred to the IC unit.

Minho (thoughts): She was pregnant and we weren’t even aware. We lost her even before we realized she existed. He was so saddened that they would never meet their baby and this fueled his anger more towards Chaewon. She was responsible for killing their unborn child and she would pay for snatching those moments from them. It is fortunate Shinhye is alive because if ……., no I shouldn’t think like that because I would have killed her with my bare hands.

Shinhye’s parents: Can we see her now?

Doctor: You can see her but one at a time. She needs total rest so the chloroform can wear off.

Her mother went in first shading tears full of relief because she was scared for the worst. Minho went in last after speaking to the investigators making sure they don’t relax on the chase for Chaewon. She seemed like she was in a deep sleep but she also looked peaceful. She was like sleeping beauty.

She was later transferred to the private room where the family took turns watching over her. She finally woke up from her deep sleep on the second day and found herself in a dark unfamiliar. Her first thought was that she was still in that abandoned warehouse until she felt someone next to her. She used her hands and touched someone and this woke the person up.

Minho: You’re awake? He asked as he pulled himself up to sit straight.

Shinhye: Oppa?

Minho: Yes, it’s me. Your parents are also around resting in the next room.

Shinhye: Where am I?

She tried to sit up but couldn’t.

Minho: You are at the hospital, don’t you remember what happened. Don’t try to get up, you should rest. You underwent an operation and you shouldn’t move.

Shinhye: she felt her stomach and discovered there were bandages.

Minho: the drugs Chaewon used on you were too strong for your body and caused you to lose….

He decided it wasn’t the right time to tell her yet about the miscarriage. He would tell her when her condition got better.

Minho: I should call your parents they were so worried they would be happy to see that you’re already awake.

He moved to the next room and gave the news to her parents.

They all rushed in and sat on either side on the bed both competing for her attention. Her mum was busy checking her body for any abnormalities and her dad was just observing her quietly.

Minho called the doctor and informed him of Shinhye condition. The doctor came by to check on her condition.

Doctor: Everything seems fine she just needs to stay behind today for observation and tests tomorrow after she can be discharged. The rest of the recovery can take place at home. Miss Shinhye is indeed one strong lady. He left the room and Minho followed behind him.

Minho: is everything ok doctor, I mean about the miscarriage? I haven’t told her yet, are there any complications.

Doctor: We shall carryout some tests tomorrow but you don’t have to worry, your fiancée is strong and she will be able to bear children whenever you two decide to try again.

Minho was relieved that there at least wasn’t any permanent damage. He had been so worried that he had even Googled the after effects of miscarriages and the results way scary.

Shinhye was tired and dosed off by the time Minho came back to the room. Her parents were excited that she would be able to leaving the hospital the next day. They decided to leave and prepare her room before her arrivals. Minho promised to stay behind and watch over her.

Later that night Shinhye woke from her sleep to see an exhausted Minho dozing off in the couch. He was sitting holding his hands around his stomach and his head was bent forward.

Shinhye: He is going to hurt his neck. He looked adorable.

She slowly got out of bed and slowly walked to where he was. She gently shook him with her hand

Shinhye: Oppa, wake up.

Minho: What are you doing out of your bed. You shouldn’t strain yourself.

He stood up and helped her back to the bed.

Shinhye: I just wanted you to sleep comfortably. You also need to rest. Omma told me you haven’t slept comfortably and am worried we shall end up with two sick people.

Minho: And whose fault is it that I haven’t slept comfortably. Do you know how worried I was and when I looked at you, you seemed to be enjoying your sleep. What kind of girl sleeps so well without a worry?

Shinhye: What, are you blaming me right now?

Minho: Yes. You should have been fighting to wake up and not enjoy your sleep.

Shinhye: I am sorry I made you worry. Next time I will make sure to not make you worry

Minho: Next time?! There won’t be a next time. I will die if this happens again.

Shinhye: About Chaewon, did they catch her?

Minho: Not yet but we are doing everything to make sure she pays for what she did.

Shinhye: I think I can understand why she did what she did. If anyone took you away from me I don’t know what I would do. It would break my heart for sure.

Minho: Do not compare yourself to her. You are nothing like her and you did not take me from anyone. I was never has. She is EVIL and she will pay for her sins.

Shinhye: she must have felt bad to do such a thing. Oppa what happened to me exactly? The last thing I remember in Chaewon injecting me with some drug and after that nothing.

Minho: I have to tell you something but you have to promise to be strong, ok?

She nodded her head and agreed. “Tell me, am ready”

Minho: After inhaling and posing for a while. The drugs Chaewon used on you were really dangerous it’s a miracle you got here before it was too late but unfortunately it wasn’t soon enough for our unborn child.

Shinhye: Child? I was pregnant?

Minho: the doctor said you were 5 weeks pregnant.

Shinhye: Tears forming in her eyes. I didn’t know. I wasn’t able to protect it, our baby, I am sorry oppa.

Minho: It’s not your fault Shinhye you didn’t know any of this would happen, why would you blame yourself? If anyone is to blame it is Chaewon for stealing this joy from us. I will never forgive her for it and I will make sure she is destroyed. I promise you this Shinhye, I will make her pay if it is the last thing I do.

She was filled with so much rage and at that moment I Chaewon was brought in front of her, she was sure she would kill her. She felt like the doctor had just given her the good news and then taken away her baby. She felt so helpless and the only thing she could do was crying for her unborn child. A baby she never got the chance to know about his existence and only found out when he was gone. She thought of all the wonderful memories they could have made together. The joy it would have brought to Minho and now all she had were wishes that were stolen.

Minho was watching her and was feeling everything she was feeling in that time and the two mourned for their baby. They just held each other no words exchanged and cried to their heart’s content. It was much later that the two ended the hug and decided to get some rest. He tacked her in and moved to go sleep on the couch.

Shinhye: Don’t go.

Minho: It’s ok, I will stay and watch you till you sleep then I will go.

Shinhye: sleep here next to me. Please oppa, hmm?

The bed wasn’t meant for two but he couldn’t deny her request and he also felt the need to be close to her. It was like the two of them shared the same pain and they wanted to console each other. She created some room and he lay next to her and the two held each other tightly like they would never let go and it was like this that the two slept.

Her parents arrived early the next morning and fought them in that position.

Shinhye’ mum: it must be so hard on them. How hard must it be, to lose a child even before you get to see it? I can’t imagine the pain they feel. Come on honey let’s let them be. Let’s go pack her things in the next room.

Minho was awaked by his phone’s ringtone and immediately answered the call from his PI

PI: We got her

Minho: What?

PI: Yes we finally got her. She was trying to escape the country wearing a disguise but luck for us she did not succeed. She has been arrested and she is at the police station right now.

Minho: Am coming down there right now and he hung up.

Shinhye had woken up and Minho told her everything the PI had said.

Minho: I have to go down there but I will come back before you leave. Her kissed her on the forehead, ran to the rest room to freshen up and rushed out to the police station.

At the police station he met Chaewon. He just wanted to say his mind before they transferred her to jail. She wasn’t remorseful at all.

Chaewon: you came to gloat. How is your fiancée, is she ok?

He felt like slapping her face so she could shut up but chose restrain himself.

Minho: I just wanted to check if you regret what you did and from what I see you don’t. I also wanted to make something clear to you. Do you remember the day I told you about Shinhye, you do, right? I told you that she was everything to me and that I would do everything in my power to protect her. What I left out was that I would never forgive anyone that caused any harm to her. Do you want to know what I am going to do to you?

Chaewon still seemed like she was not affected or concerned by what he was seeing and this just made him even more annoyed.

Minho: I will destroy you. I am going to take everything from you. Your job, your status in society, your freedom and lastly you family Everything Chaewon, Everything. You are going to regret what you did. I am going to make sure that you will never practice medicine ever in your life you are a disgrace to the medical world. He called the guard and left without looking back.

Minho visited the Korean Medical board and presented his petition to take away Chaewon’s license to practice medicine. The petition was discussed among the board members and Chaewon’s license was taken from her because of her abuse of the medical goal of saving lives. She used medicine to destroy lives and hence deserved the punishment.

The wedding was pushed another month ahead to give Shinhye time to heal and also because the preparations were delayed by everything that happened.

Chaewon met with mean room mates who and made her life miserable. The more harsh treatment the more she regretted her actions. Her parents told her about the medical license and she felt helpless. Medicine was something she was really proud of because she had worked hard for it. She realized that Minho was true to his promise to take everything from her. All her friends didn’t want to do anything with her and this she knew because none had bothered to visit her ever since she got arrested. She was starting to realize how he felt when he almost lost his everything. She hadn’t thought about his feelings and only thought of hers and now the tables had turned. He was the only true friend she had and she had lost him, she had lost her practicing license her freedom and even her status in society. She was now just murder convict and when her time was done she would be an ex-con.

Her conscience had finally caught up with her but unfortunately for her it was too late. She had lost.

 

Author’s Note

Pay Back is a B***h, right guys? I sort of feel like it’s not enough yet but don’t know how else to make her suffer. Well, nice reading and God bless you all.