Chapter 16

Love Unexpected

The two ladies had their lunch at beautiful restaurant which Chaewon had selected. Shinhye was at first reserved and only talked when Chaewon gave a direct question but as time went on, she become more relaxed and trusting of Chaewon’s friendship. She was telling her about Minho and his childhood days. Shinhye didn’t know much about his childhood and she appreciated the information.

As the girls waited for their dessert Shinhye excused herself to the comfort room and Chaewon stayed behind. The waiter brought their dessert before Shinhye returned and Chaewon finally got her chance to put her plans in motion. She got some powder form her bag and sprinkled it over Shinhye’s plate quickly making sure no one was watching. Shinhye return and found the dessert already there and joined Chaewon who was half way through hers.

Chaewon: It’s really nice, try it

Shinhye didn’t require further encouragement as she dug in and finished everything on her plate.

Shinhye: You were right about this place, their food is really tasty and the dessert is to die for. I have to bring oppa sometime.

Chaewon smiled at her making sure her true thoughts were well masked. If everything went as planned, Shinhye would never have the chance to bring Minho anywhere. She was going to make sure of it.

After lunch Chaewon offered to drive her back to the office and Shinhye accepted. The impact of the powder she had added to Shinhye hadn’t shown yet but she knew it would start soon and she needed to be there when that happened.

The powder effects started after driving for a short while and Shinhye her started feeling sleepy.

Chaewon: Sleepy?

Shinhye: Yes. Is it ok if I sleep for a while?

Chaewon: That’s fine I will wake you when we get to your office.

Shinhye slept and once Chaewon was sure that the drugs had fully taken control, she changed direction and moved in another direction all together. She drove away from the city and stopped at remote abandoned area. She got out of the car and dragged Shinhye’s passed out body to some warehouse that looked like it hadn’t been used in a long while.

She then put her in one of the empty rooms, locked her in and left. The room was dirty and damp, it only had a small window which let in some light but it was really high up.

Back at the car, Chaewon sent a text to Minho using Shinhye’s phone claiming she wouldn’t be able to come by the office in the afternoon because a personal emergency and promised to explain later. She then switched off Shinhye’s phone and removed the battery because she didn’t want anyone tracing her whereabouts. She drove away from the warehouse and when she had drove a reasonable distance away from the warehouse she threw out Shinhye’s belongings. She had planned everything well because she didn’t want to make any errors. She took her time waiting for an opportunity to present itself and finally the chance presented itself and she took it.

She knew that in order for her plans to go through, she had to ensure Shinhye loosened her guard around her. She befriended her, pretended to be understanding of everything and convinced Minho that there were no hard feelings and it was because of this that her plans worked out.

She was going to make sure Minho never set his eyes on her again.

She headed to the hospital and acted like nothing wrong happened. Because she was a doctor she could easily access any drug and she got some which she intended to later administer on Shinhye when she left work.

Shinhye woke up later that night with a headache and found herself in unfamiliar environment. She tried to study her surroundings with the moon’s light. She tried to look for the exit but the door was locked from the outside. She tried to call out for help but no was anywhere near to come to her rescue. She thought about everything that happened trying to figure out what happen and the last thing she remembered was being in Chaewon’s car and feeling really sleepy. She started worrying about Chaewon wondering if she was there somewhere in the room. She called out for her but no reply. She tried to search only to realize she was the only one in the room. “Maybe she was in another room,” she thought and worried about Chaewon. It was really cold and Shinhye didn’t have any warm clothes. She sat down in a corner and hugged her legs close to her chest. She was trying to think why anyone would kidnap her or Chaewon but couldn’t come up with any suspect. She didn’t have any enemies and if it was about money her family wasn’t rich. It wasn’t making sense.

Minho had called her number after receiving her message but the phone was switched off. He tried again after leaving the office and he still couldn’t reach her. He called her parents to check if she was with them but she wasn’t there. He was starting to worry that something bad happened to her but prayed that wasn’t the case.

When Shinhye didn’t show up at work the next day, he was sure something was wrong. He called her parents and they were also worried because they didn’t hear from her and she hadn’t come back home. He was panicking imagining the bad things that could have happened and he lost it completely. He called Geun Young but she also didn’t know anything. He even called Chaewon wondering if she might know anything. It was farfetched but at that time he was asking anyone and anything. Chaewon shared that she last saw her the previous day when they had lunch and that was the last she talked to her. Her voice was filled with sadness when Minho explained the reason for his call and her disappearance. She asked if there was anything she could do to help but Minho said there was nothing and he hung up.

Truthfully Chaewon was enjoying Minho’s misery. She wanted him to suffer and after forget about her all together. She figured if Shinhye disappeared he would fall back to her since she was going to be there for him during this hard time.

Earlier that morning Chaewon had visited the warehouse. She wore baggy clothes and a black mask. With a disguised voice, she asked her victim to stay far from the door as she placed some food. She opened the door and placed the food. Shinhye tried to use the chance to escape but Chaewon used the teaser on her and Shinhye passed out.

Chaewon: That’s what happens when you don’t listen and do as instructed. Next time it will be worse. Now eat your food and be a good girl.

She wanted to make sure she ate all the food because she had put more of the drugs so she slept and this would weaken her. She didn’t want her getting ideas while she wasn’t around. She carried the plate away and locked her in.

Minho met with Shinhye’s family and they reported her disappearance to the police. The police suspected it was a kidnapping case and asked if she had any enemy that may want to harm her but no, she didn’t have enemies.

Shinhye’s mum: She is a good girl officer, friends with everyone. Why would anyone want to harm her? Please find her office, find my baby and bring her back to us.

She was now crying filled with fear that something bad happened. Her husband tried to calm her and as he was consoling her, noticed a confused and disturbed Minho who was beside himself with worry. He was on the verge of tears thinking the worst. If anything happened to her he didn’t know how he would leave without her. He couldn’t imagine living without her and the tears finally won the battle and escaped. He was so scared he couldn’t think.

Police officer: Well we are going to investigate all her activities before she went missing and see if this could lead us to where she is. We shall keep in touch and I shall invite you at the station to answer some questions which will guide us in finding her.

He asked for a recent photo of Shinhye and her mum gave him one. He thanked her and excused himself.

Minho hadn’t said anything during the officer’s visit and after he left, Minho bid his future in laws goodbye and left. He wasn’t satisfied by the officer’s promise. He had to find her now. He called a private investigator and explained the agency of the issue promising to pay generously for the job.

The investigator met with Minho that afternoon and asked about the events that took place on the day she disappeared. Minho told him about all that happened and also what Chaewon had told him.

Investigator: Who is Chaewon?

Minho: She is a friend.

Investigator: Is that all?

Minho: Yes. She was my ex-wife but now we are all friends. We had a mutual understanding and got the divorce. She is harmless.

Investigator: How Long ago was it, when you divorced?

Minho: A month now.

Investigator: Can I have her number I need to talk to her.

Minho: Are you saying she might have something to do with this?

Investigator: No, I just want to talk to her because she was the last person that saw and talked to Shinhye before she went missing.

In truth, he suspected the ex-wife but he didn’t want to jump to conclusions before talking to her.

Minho gave him her number and the investigator left his office.

He immediately went to the hospital to meet Chaewon. She was very cooperative answering all his questions and she narrated everything as she had done with Minho. The investigator thanked her and asked her to contact him if anything new happens. He thought meeting her would settle the suspense he had but it hadn’t. She had been cooperative but something still nagged him about her. He had asked about her divorce with Minho and she discussed it like it wasn’t anything important at all, like she never cared for the guy.

He immediately got his phone and dialed Minho.

Investigator: who between you and Chaewon asked for the divorce?

Minho: How is this related to this?

Investigator: Answer the question

Minho: I did but Chaewon was understanding and accepted my request.

Everything led to Chaewon according to his investigation but she seemed like a good person. “Could she be pretending to cover her track?” he wondered. She is the only one that had motive. He decided to put someone to watch her movements because if she knew Shinhye’s whereabouts she would lead them to her.

After speaking to the PI, she felt that the investigator wasn’t buying her story. She decided that she had to be very careful now because he would probably put someone to follow her.

She didn’t visit Shinhye for the next three days buying time to convince the PI he was wrong about his suspicions

Minho was filled with worry and so was her family. The police had posted her picture all around the city and still no one had identified her anywhere.  Minho had decided to search for her personally anywhere and everywhere in Seoul. He had asked Joong Ki to take over in the meantime because he couldn’t work in his current state of mind.

On the third day after she had gone missing the police got some information and immediately invited Minho and his Family. Someone had discovered her belongings but it wasn’t in the city but outside Seoul. He mentioned that it meant that Shinhye was probably outside the city and they now had to expand their search perimeter. Minho immediately called the PI and gave him the information.

When Chaewon got news of the items discovered she started panicking. She was worried the police would soon discover Shinhye’s whereabouts. She got some drug bottle and syringe and stormed out the hospital got into her car and drove off. The guy station by PI followed behind her. She was so worried she didn’t even remember to watched for anyone that might follow her. It was later after she had come down that she remembered and noticed she was being followed. She accelerated the car and tried to lose him. He lost her at some point. He called the PI and informed him of his location. The PI used his computer to check for any possible locations where someone can hide a person and he discovered there was an abandoned warehouse nearby. He immediately got his phone and dialing his guy. He directed him to where the warehouse was located and after he called police and informed them of his findings and suspicions. The police immediately dispatched the area team and Minho and Shinhye’s family also drove to there because they way too desperate to wait.

She opened the door to find a weak Shinhye from the drugs and luck of food for the past days, with the teaser and injected her with the drug. The bottle was met to be administered in IV but she injected the whole of it in high concentration. She knew there was no time now because she knew that it was only a matter of time before that guy showed up. She immediately left an unconscious Shinhye and ran out the warehouse.

The PI’s guy saw her running out the building and driving off in her car. He wanted to continue following her car but he also wanted to check on the victim. He chose to check on the victim and walked into the room looking for her. He checked every room until he finally reached the room where she was. She looked like she was dead. He rushed to her side and checked for a pulse. She was alive but her pulse was so weak. He immediately called PI and told him about her condition. It was a good thing they had thought of moving with the ambulance and they were not far from there.

They health workers rushed in to get Shinhye and Minho and her parents watched in terror. She looked like she was dead. They got her into the ambulance and Shinhye’s mum traveled with her to the hospital. Shinhye’s dad drove with a quiet and calm Minho.

 He was so calm that Shinhye’s dad got worried about him. He seemed like he was in denial and he had out.

 

Thanks guys for the continued support and I am sorry it is taking me long to update. I have updated my other ff ever after, you can go check it out.