Chapter 13

Love Unexpected

He hadn’t called her all day and she was worried something had gone wrong. She decided to give him a call and find what had happened. She dialed his number and waited for a reply.

Shinhye: Oppa?

Minho’s mum: No, it’s his mother speaking. Are you Park Shinhye?

Shinhye was scared that her worst nightmare was about to happen.

Shinhye: Yes auntie I am Park Shinhye.

Minho’s mum: I am afraid he is sleeping now and I didn’t want to wake him.

Shinhye: I understand, I will call him again tomorrow.

Minho’s mum: Can we meet tomorrow I need to talk to you about something.

She was worried about the topic they would be having but she had no choice but to agree to the meeting. After confirming venue and time they hung up and Shinhye stared in space thinking about her first meeting with her namja chingu’s mum. She had to impress her at all cost.

Meanwhile Chae won had intentionally switched off her phone. She knew Minho would ask her to join him so they explained to their parents together but she wasn’t about to do that. Her plans were now in motion. First she had to act like the victim in all this. Then she had to make it clear to all that Shinhye seduced Minho while they were married.

She told her parents that she still loved him but she couldn’t force him to be with her. She also insisted that they were happy together until Shinhye seduced him and he became bewitched by her charms. She even insinuated that her threatened to harm her if he didn’t get the divorce. She was shading crocodile tears as she talked she claimed he had chased out of the house and that she had to stay at the hospital dorms.

Chaewon’s mum:  Why didn’t you come home when all this happened?

Chaewon: I was embarrassed I knew that this would shame our family. And also I kept hoping he would realize that she didn’t truly love him and come back to me. It was until the part in Japan when he was introducing her to everyone that she was his girlfriend that I realized it was too late. He was blinded so much that he didn’t even care about my feelings. We have to make him see that she is only interested in his money. You have to help me mum, talk to his parents. Please don’t tell him I told you everything, I don’t want him to be annoyed with me.

After their talk, her mum immediately got on the phone and dialed Minho’s mum’s phone and asked they meet and have dinner to discuss their children’s situation. His mum agreed to the meeting and they met that evening.

Chaewon’s mum shared everything her daughter had disclosed to her and Minho’s mum listened attentively without interrupting. She noticed that Chaewon’s story and her son’s stories were very different. Chaewon story made it seem like Minho met Shinhye after their marriage, that Shinhye had seduced a married man and yet he son had told her otherwise. A lot of things were amiss with the story she was hearing now. She didn’t know Shinhye to judge about the gold digging aspect but she knew her son and he isn’t that stupid to be brain washed by such a person.

Minho’s mum: Well I heard something completely different from my son. He knew the lady in question before marriage and your daughter claims he only met after they were married. In fact they mutually agreed to separate since the marriage was loveless and they didn’t want to hurt each other.

Chaewon’s mum: So are you saying that my daughter is a liar?

Minho’s mum: No, am not saying that she is lying, but I am sure my son wasn’t lying either.

Chaewon’s mum was mad at Minho’s mum attitude it seemed that she was siding with her son even though he had hurt her daughter.

Chaewon’s mum: I can see that you already made up your mind and side with your son but I promise you that he won’t get away with hurting my daughter unpunished.

Minho’s mum: Yes, you got that right. I know my son and trust him completely. I know he hurt your daughter’s feelings by not replicating them but is not something he has control over. I now regret forcing them to marry in the first place because if we hadn’t forced them then then all this wouldn’t have happened.

They finished their meal in silence after which both bid farewell and went on their way.

At work the next day, Minho shared the previous day’s events with Shinhye leaving out the part where his dad hit him and also when he said that he would never accept her because he didn’t want her worrying and also because it was embarrassing telling his girlfriend that his dad hit him. She told him about her lunch date with his mum. He insisted that he goes with her but she declined because she did want to invite others when she was also just invited.

His mum was early and so Shinhye found her already waiting.

Shinhye: Am so sorry am late auntie.

Minho’s mum: I came early.

She sat in the seat opposite his mum. She was a very sophisticated lady and she could now see where Minho got his good looks. They both ordered for light lunch all the while his mum observing her every action. She noticed she was a beauty and simple and she could see why her son loved her.

Minho’s mum: So my son tells me you’re his girlfriend

She was shocked by the question but quickly replied with a smile she couldn’t hide.

Shinhye: de auntie

His mum was pleased by her reaction she could see that she truly loved her son by the smile that formed on her lips whenever his name came up.

Minho’s mum: You like him that much?

She shyly replied still with her tell-tell smile

Shinhye: de, I like him a lot.

His mum was convinced and happy with her answer. All her doubts dismissed and they had they lunch talking about him. Shinhye found that he was very close with his love and noticed that his mum loved him so much. She also shared information about her family and his mum mentioned she would like to meet them sometime and thank them for having such a beautiful and well-mannered daughter.

Shinhye was flattered and happy that she had made a good impression on her.

Shinhye: You flatter me, auntie

Minho’s mum: call me mother, you are my son’s girlfriend now, and I will be happy to have you as my daughter.

Shinhye was so touched by her warmth and tears threatened to escape.

Shinhye: thanks, mother.

It felt good calling him that. It meant his mum had given her permission for them to date. After lunch, his mum offered her, a ride back to office and she couldn’t wait to share everything with him. She bid his mum goodbye and hurriedly walked to their office.

She found him standing looking out the window. She quickly ran to him and hugged him from the back locking her hands tightly around his stomach and inhaled him. He smelt so nice. He turned around and faced her without breaking the hug.

Minho: Is anything the matter.

She shook he head and smiled.

Shinhye: It went better than I expected. Your mum is a sweetheart. I love you.

Minho: I love you too. I love you so much.

He leaned in and grabbed her lips for a passionate kiss. She replicated the kiss with the same intensity as his and they were both lost.

He broke the kiss and guided her to the couch where he placed her on his laps and carried her. They were so comfortable with each other that this seemed so natural between them two.

Minho: Tell me everything you talked about with my mum.

She looked at him with loving gaze and obliged his request.