Chapter 4

Love Unexpected

“hello…………..?,” hello…………., who is this? She asked.

He tried to speak but he was tongue tied, finally after winning to battle of untying his tied up tongue, he replied, “hello, miss Park, this is, Lee Minho, did I catch you at a bad time, did I wake you?” he asked because her voice sounded like she had been sleeping.

“Mr. Lee, why is he calling me at this time, did something happen?” Oh hallo sir, is anything the matter? She asked.

He had hoped this question wouldn’t come up because up until now he hadn’t decided on the best excuse yet.

“No, nothing is wrong, can you meet me tomorrow, I have something I need to discuss with you?” He asked

Tomorrow is Sunday, can’t it wait until Monday? She asked

“No, it can’t wait.”

He couldn’t wait to see her till Monday, he had to see her soon, and that’s why he had called and now created a nonexistent reason.

“Speaking of reason, what will I say come tomorrow, oh well, I will think about that tomorrow, now I have to make sure she agrees to meet me,

“Ok then, when and where shall we meet,” she asked.

“I will pick you from your place, text me the address, is 12pm ok for you?” he asked.

“Ok sir, I will text you my address.”

“Good, see you tomorrow, goodnight miss Park.”

“Goodnight Mr. Lee” and they both hung up.

After hanging-up her phone, Shinhye texted him her address. She wondered what was up but she couldn’t figure it so she just decided to go to sleep. 30 minutes later, she hadn’t fallen asleep yet, thoughts kept moving about in her head, and she wondered if their meeting was work related or personal. She hoped it was the later, with that, she got out of bed and rampaged through her wardrobe selecting an outfit. She selected a white blouse and blue slightly puffy skirt, above the knee length and for shoes; she went with a wedge with white straps.

At exactly 12pm, Minho knocked on her door. She had already informed her parents that her boss was picking her for work. A lady who he assumed was her mother opened the door and let him into the living room. Minho respectfully greeted and introduced himself to her as he sat down in the seat she had offered. “She will be right down,” she said as she also sat down opposite him. “So, you are her boss, I envisioned someone older,” Mrs. Park said.

I get that a lot, in fact even Shin Hye-ah thought same as you he replied.

“Sorry for making you wait, can we go?” Shin Hye asked.

It was nice meeting you Mrs. Park, Minho bid his farewell and they both walked out Shin Hye following close behind. They walked in silence until they reached his car and Shin Hye noticed he had not brought his driver and slight smile formed on lips.

“Get in”, Minho called out to her as her put on his seat belt.

She quickly sat, put on her seat belt and he drove away. No one said anything along the way, she wanted to ask where they were going but she was afraid to ask, she just down quietly like the good girl she was and waited.

Minho was thinking and worrying what her reaction would when she discovered what he had planned. He planned to have quiet afternoon with her at his villa outside the busy city. He had called the maid last night, asking her to arrange for visit, he also mentioned he would be going with a friend. He looked across and noticed she had dosed off at some point. She looks great even in her sleep he thought to himself.

After an hour and half of driver they finally reached. He stretched his hand to wake her but she turned around trying to find comfortable place, her hair fell in her face covering it. his hands pushed the hair behind her ear and he couldn’t noticing how soft and smooth it felt on his hands. He left his hands touching her hair as he looked at her sleeping face and down to her lips, his head extended closer to her as he tried to steal a kiss. His head was inches from hers when she abruptly moved bumping their heads together and her opened eyes popped open. Their eyes met and held for a second before Minho pulled himself back in his seat. “I was about to wake you, we are here,” Minho said as cleared his throat. They both got out the car and Minho lead the way to the entrance.

Minho walked straight to the fridge and got cold dress for them.

Shinhye sat down in the living area waiting for Minho as he got their drinks. He gave her the drink and sat next to her on the sofa. Shinhye tried to move herself farther to the edge but it was not helping. His effect on her was too strong, even just being in the same room was intimidating. Her heart was beating so fast, she was afraid to breath. She felt warm. She could feel warmth from his body next to her. It was a nice feeling one she could get used to.

“What am I thinking?” I need to create space between us so I can compose herself.

“Where is the rest room?” She asked. She needed to compose herself because she was sure, she was about to make a huge embarrassment to herself.

“Walk straight in that direction and first door on your right.” He said.

In the rest room, she poured cold water on her face, her needed to cool down. She looked at the wall mirror and fanned herself. “What are you imagining will happen Shinhye-ah?” she reprimanded herself. “Pyoentae!”  She straightened her clothes and walked back into the lion’s den, God help her.

Minho was glad she excused herself because it gave him time to prepare for what he had planned.

“You are back, let’s have lunch.” Minho called out.

Lunch was eaten quietly with few interactions mainly about work. She was avoiding eye contact or even looking directly at him but she could feel his gaze on her. Every time she had tried to look in his direction, his gaze was on her. And then…..

“Do you want to go out with me?” She hard Minho said but she wasn’t sure she heard him correctly. “What?” She asked just to be sure she heard well.

“Let’s date, you and me.” He said. “What do you say?”

Shinhye was caught off guard. She didn’t know how to answer his question. Should they date hell yes but for some unknown reason she didn’t feel confident to agree to his preposition. She was afraid it’s too good to be true.

“You want to go out with me?” she asked.

“Yes, I do.” He answered. “Why, you don’t want to go out with me?”

“No, it’s not that.” She replied.

“Perhaps, are you seeing someone?” He asked. He hadn’t considered the fact that Shinhye might be having a boyfriend. It hadn’t come up during their previous conversations. Thinking about it now, he got worried. She is a wonderful woman, any guy would want her, and it would make more sense for her to be taken.

“No, I don’t have a boyfriend.” She said. “I just need some time to think before I give my answer if that’s ok with you.”

“She said she has no boyfriend, she’s free!” This kept playing in his mind over and over. At least that was out of the way. He can wait now with fewer worries.

“Yes, I can wait. How much time do you need to do that thinking thing?” He asked.

“I don’t know, may be a week?” She said.

“A week! Ande, NO, that’s too far, tomorrow.” He stated.

A week was too long in fact if it was up to him he wanted her reply now.

“I can’t promise tomorrow,” Shinhye protested. “I will give you my answer in three days.”

Minho noticed the conviction in her voice when she stated the three days and it’s for that alone that he agreed.

They finished their lunch and Shinhye volunteered to wash the dishes.

After washing the dirty dishes, she joined him on the sofa from where he was watching a soccer match. He pushed over so they could comfortably fit and the both watched the match together. It was Real Madrid vs. Barcelona. He was supporting Real Madrid. After 90minutes the game came to an end in a draw which he was happy about because Madrid had caught up from behind in the second half.

“Time had gone by so fast and we had to head back to the city if we were to be ready for the new week.” Shinhye thought.

They drove back and he dropped her fast and head to his apartment after.

She greeted her parents and ran to her room, closed the door and dialed Geun Young-ah’s number. She couldn’t wait to gossip about today’s events. She was over the moon with excitement.

“Hello,” Geun Young-ah answered the call.

“He asked me out, he wants to date Geun Young-ah.” She happily informed her chingu. “Lee Minho asked ME out.”

“See, I told he was interested.” Geun Young said. “Am so happy for you. So where is he taking you for your first date?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t said yes to his preposition yet.” Said Shinhye.

“What, Why not?” Geun Young asked.

“I got cold feet, I was scared it’s too good to be true so I instead asked him to give me some time before my reply. He gave me until three days to give a reply.” They continued talking for a while until they were interrupted by an incoming call for Shinhye. She bid her friend good night and checked call ID.

It was HIM. He informed her that he had reached home wished her goodnight. She was on cloud nine and with that she slept hoping to wonderful dreams about them both.