Chapter 6

It's Time (Dara and EXO's Meaningful College Journey)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

 

DARA’S POV

               

                After dinner, I went back to my room. But, I was really wondering how will I be able to sleep tonight since it’s the first time, No, correct that, this is just the second time I’ll be sleeping alone. I remember on the first time I slept alone was when my parents, Sanghyun and Durami went to a family reunion. I was able to go with them at that time, since we still have some projects to work on and submit the next day.

                Flashback

                Oh my! How can I possibly sleep tonight? I’m scared, not that I believe in ghosts. But, more so, because I am afraid that someone would suddenly knock on our door, and rob our house or kidnap me. Okay, that would be the worse thing. But, I really hope that I would not happen. I still have dreams, you know? I still have to graduate in high school and go to university.

                Donghae was busy at that time, so how can I have the conscience to disturb him, when he is also doing his project.

                At, 9:30pm, I grabbed the teddy bear Donghae gave me during my 12th birthday, and placed it in my side. I tried to stay still and close my eyes… but, I can barely sleep. My brain was very active at that time, and I hated it, since all kinds of thoughts are coming. I really can’t sleep! Woahhh! But, neither do I like to be a zombie-like girl tomorrow when I go to school.

                It was when someone was knocking on our door. I was really scared at that time. Who could knock at this hour??? A ROBBER? A KIDNAPPER? Are all my fears coming into reality now?

                I grabbed the sturdiest broom in our house, and went to the door. I asked the one knocking, “Who are you? Pls. answer. Who are you??” That person was not answering, but would not stop knocking.

                I gathered the courage I have, and opened the door, ready to hit that person with my broom, when that person shouted, “Ouch!!!  What the hell, Sandara Park?”

                I looked at that person’s face, and realized that it was someone I know, “Lee Donghae?!!!!”

                “Hae, mianhe…. I’m sorry for hitting you like that. I was really frightened awhile ago.” I kept repeating, while I was tending to the small wound I caused in his arm. “Mianhe.” I was very apologetic that time.

                “You should be sorry, Sandara.”  He said

                “No, I’m just kidding. That’s the right thing to do. I was actually testing you when I did not reply to your questions awhile back--- whether you will easily open the door for a stranger, at this hour, or you will not.” He continued.

 

                I sighed with relief, knowing that he was not angry with me. I said, “Okay, then, what is the purpose of this fishy friend of mine to come to our house at this time?”

                “I am worried about you. I know that you fear sleeping alone. So, I am going to accompany you tonight here in your house. By the way, I also ask permission from your parents so it’s okay. ” Donghae said.

                “Ah… that’s my bestfriend! You’re really the best!” I said, while doing a “thumbs up”. My parents really trust this guy bestfriend of mine, since they know how close our friendship was, since I was I child.

                “Don’t worry, I will just sleep here in the floor.” Donghae said.

                I gave him the comforter, and my other blanket, so he will not be cold tonight.

                Then, I climbed to my bed, and slept really serenely that time. I was thankful for my thoughtful  bestfriend.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter