Chapter 15

It's Time (Dara and EXO's Meaningful College Journey)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15

 

                Dara and Donghae were walking the streets of Hongdae. They went inside a restaurant to eat dinner.

                “Hae, what brought you here in Seoul? Why did you transfer? Are you here for good? Why did you not contact me for the past few months?” Dara asked.

                “Woah! Dara, one question at a time. By the way, I have noticed that you became thinner than the last time I saw you.” Donghae said.

                “Yeah, maybe I really did. College is a bit stressful, you see.” Dara said.

                She continued,  “but, why did you not contact me for the previous months?... I hate you, Lee Donghae.” She then pouted cutely and looked away.

                “Dara, mianhe. I have my own reasons why I have not been able to communicate with you for these past months. I would not be able to tell you. In time, you will know.” Donghae replied while looking very apologetic. Dara looked at his eyes, but then, Donghae avoided her gaze.

                “Hae, can’t you really tell me? Am I not your best friend anymore?” Dara said.

                “Of course, you are. But, I will tell you when the right time comes.” Donghae felt very sorry, but he could not possibly tell her that he was not able to contact her, because he tried so hard to forget his feelings for her these past few months. However, his effort was to no avail, since he could not control what his heart tells him, that is, that he truly loves her.

                While he was in the province, a high school friend told him that Dara  is part of the top 13 students of Seoul University, and as a consequence, she lives in the same dormitory with 12 guys. At that time, he felt worried about her, and he could not help but feel jealous. So, Donghae decided that it was time for him to step up, and to protect her. It was time for him to be true to what he feels, and to finally let Dara, his best friend, know that he no longer wants to be her bestfriend, but he wants to be more than that to her.

                “Hae, are you okay? Why are you spacing out?” Dara asked worriedly.

                “Ah, yeah. I’m okay, Dara. Common let’s eat our food before it becomes cold.” Donghae said.

                While they were eating, Donghae suddenly asked, “Dara, is it really necessary for you to live in the same dorm with 12 guys?”

                “Yah! How did you know that? I haven’t told you that yet. My bestie is really the best in investigating. Daebak!” Dara happily said. But, Donghae’s face remained serious.

                Dara, knowing that Donghae really wants an answer, replied,  “ Hae, it is necessary, since it is the according to the Board of Trustees, as well as my dormmates are all great to be with. You’ve met them awhile ago, right? They are really nice friends to me, so I don’t have any problem living with them.”

                Donghae coldly said, “so you are having fun with them?”

                “Hae, I am…  By the way, what’s wrong with you? Why do you seem to act differently?” Dara curiously asked.

                “It’s nothing. Don’t mind me. I’m just thinking a lot nowadays.” Donghae said that as an excuse. The truth is he feels jealous, but he could not possibly tell her that at this moment. He is waiting for the right time to confess.

                “By the way, why was Kwon Jiyong bothering you? Did something happen that I do not perhaps know?” Donghae asked.

                “Yeah, he has changed, Hae. He was not the man I first loved. Or maybe, back then, he was already that kind of guy but I haven’t realized it yet back then. I don’t know.” Dara sadly explained what happened.

                “Dara, don’t worry. I’ll be here to protect you now. If he bothers you again, I’ll save you for sure.” Donghae reassuring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter