Chapter 17

It's Time (Dara and EXO's Meaningful College Journey)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER17

 

                A day before the Sports Fest Opening Ceremony, the candidates for the much anticipated Miss University were busy practicing.

                One of the candidates was Hanna, the former girlfriend of Chanyeol and Jiyong and the representative from the College of Technology.

                “I’m sure that this year’s Miss University will be again in my favor. I mean there is no competition at all. Just like last year, I will surely win this thing,” Hanna confidently told her Jinna, who was her friend and also a contestant for the pageant.

                “Well, that’s true, but I think I will surely give you a competition. But, it’s okay with me to place 2nd. We are too beautiful and talented to be beaten by those ordinary looking girls. Hahaha.” Jinna said, while laughing sarcastically and looking at the other candidates.

                The door of the hall opened and suddenly everyone’s attention was caught by the lady who came in.

                “Wow, she’s a real beauty!” The other pageant staff uttered.

                “ How can a college student be this stunningly beautiful?” Even the technical committee members commented.

                “ I think she’s the popular beauty and brains that the university students are talking about,” one contestant said.

                “Daebak! I’m truly honored to be in the same competition as she is,” another contestant said.

                “ Hanna, she’s the girl that Jiyong was said to be pursuing now,” Jinna whispered to Hanna.

                “  I recognized her ofcourse. I saw her with Chanyeol the last time we were in the Student Pav. So, now it’s Ji that she is flirting with? Heol! Let’s see then…” Hanna said while glaring at the girl’s direction.

                The girl approached the pageant head and said apologetically, “Anneyong haseyo, Madam. I am Sandara Park from the Arts and Sciences Department. I’m sorry for being late for the practice; it’s because we had an emergency meeting in our department.”

                “Well, it’s okay, Sandara-shi. We are just about to start anyway,” the pageant head replied.

               

After the practice, when everyone was exiting the hall, Hanna blocked Dara’s way to the door.

“Hi Dara! Do you remember me?” Hanna asked.

“Anneyong, Hanna-shi. If you  may you excuse me?” Dara said.

“Dara, let me give you a warning.  I’ll win this pageant, and together with that, I’ll take everything back, including Jiyong. You better back out now,” Hanna said while looking sharply at Dara.

“I don’t really care who wins this pageant, all I want is to do my best to represent my department, who put so much trust in me. Now, if you may excuse me,” Dara uttered with her louder-than-usual voice, while she walked past Hanna.

Hanna angrily grabbed Dara’s hand, but Dara shoved it off and while nearing the exit, Dara turned to look at Hanna the last time and said,

“By the way, you can take Jiyong all you want. I don’t mind.” Dara said, with a small smile showing in her face.

               

                The sun just set, and it was starting to get dark. Dara was walking on her way to the dorm, when someone was calling her from behind.

                “Dara! Dara!” The man shouted and was waving his hand at her, as if asking to wait for him.

                Dara stopped, and waited for the man.

                “Hey, Lay!” Dara greeted Lay with a smile.

                “Anneyong, Dara!” Lay replied awkwardly. Then, while walking, they became silent again.

 Lay and Dara have been really awkward to each other since they met.

To break the quiet atmosphere, Dara said,“I am so glad I don’t have to go home alone. You know it is really scary on the road when it’s already in the evening, especially that there are ghost stories circulating in the university.”

                “And yet, you were walking in the road alone?” Lay said and smiled. “You could have texted any of us twelve so that we can accompany you.”

                “I don’t want to bother you guys, since I know you are also busy for the coming sports fest,” while Dara was talking, Lay grabbed her bag from her and carried it.

                “Oh! You don’ have to do this, Lay. You know my bag is a bit heavy. It’s okay for me to carry it, anyway.” Dara said.

                “Dara, it’s okay. And by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter