Chapter 18

It's Time (Dara and EXO's Meaningful College Journey)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 18

 

                The excitement of the students of Seoul University was very much evident because it was the first day of the Annual Sports Festival, where everyone could showcase their sports skills and artistic talents and the different departments would compete with their best.

                The soccer match between the teams from the College of Architecture, led by Donghae, and the College of Engineering, led by Luhan, would start at 2pm.

                “1, 2, 3, and 4… Candidates enter.” The stage manager for the pageant said, as the practice for the Miss University continued.

                “Again.”… “Okay, good.” She continued, while each candidate practiced their introduction.

                Luckily the practice ended at 2:30pm.

                Dara texted Chanyeol, who was already at the soccer field, with Xiumin and Sehun, to watch the game.

 

DARA’S POV

                I hope I can still watch the game.

                While I was walking towards the field, I heard someone call my name.

                “Dara.” A familiar voice said.

                “Hey, BEAUTIFUL!” Now I really feel agitated.

                I looked at the person who was inside a car. “What do you want, Kwon Jiyong-shi.?”

                “Ouch. Why do you sound so cold?... Hey, Miss Beautiful, do you want a ride?” Jiyong said and smiled.

                “No, thanks,” I replied. It was already quite a time since I last saw him. Why does he act like this again? Now, that my heart is starting to heal, why does he need to appear again?

                While I started walking again, someone held my hands, and made me face him. Jiyong said, “Maybe we can talk, Dara. Please…”

                I don’t know what I see in his eyes. I am not sure if it is sadness or am I just again assuming things, which would hurt me again.

                I removed his hand on mine. “Kwon Jiyong-shi, pls. don’t bother me anymore.” I said with a stern look on my face. I have do this… for my heart, for myself.

                He turned his back on me and started walking back to his car.

                Meanwhile, as I walked towards the field, I felt a tear drop on my face. Why? Why do I suddenly feel guilty? Was I too mean? … No, he deserves it. I finally resolved to myself.

               

                I finally reached the bleachers.

                “Noona! Noona! Here, here. Come sit beside me,” Sehun shouted while I walked towards them.

                I sat between Sehun and Chanyeol, while Xiumin sat beside Chanyeol.

                “Did I miss a lot?” I asked.

                “No… not really. It’s just 1-1. They’re tied,” Chanyeol commented.

                “Dara, I am just curious. Who are you cheering for, Luhan or Donghae? Xiumin asked, which made me think.

                “Hm… I am cheering for both of them. I mean… they’re both my friends,” I answered and grinned.

                “But, Dara, only one of them will win, right? But anyway, I guess it’s really hard to answer for you,” Xiumin said, and smiled teasingly.

 

LUHAN’S POV

                When the game started, I checked the people on the bleachers, but I could not see her. I don’t know why, but I really felt disappointed knowing that she was not watching.

                After about 30  minutes, when I looked at where my dormmates were, I saw her…finally. It made my heart skipped a beat. Wow! What’s really happening to me? Luhan, focus. Focus.

                I felt more driven, and my energy rose, that I was able to make another goal.

 

DONGHAE’S POV

                Finally, Dara is here. Let’s win this game!

                I scored another goal.

                Now, it’s tied again. 2-2.

 

XIUMIN’S POV

                Why do I feel like Luhan and Donghae seemed to really go toe-to-toe. I mean, I can feel their competitiveness burn like fire. Wow! I looked at Luhan and Donghae, and I traced where they were looking at…. DARA.

                Dara, you really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter