Chapter 22

It's Time (Dara and EXO's Meaningful College Journey)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 22

 

DARA’S POV

                I know pretty much that I’ve gotten over my feelings for Jiyong, but then there are moments in our life when we remember our past and how it helped us to grow. Perhaps that’s the reason why I cried awhile ago.

                But, thanks to my dormmates, I was able to compose myself and get ready for the next part of the pageant, the question and answer portion. I became inspired thinking about them, the cheers they gave me, and the faith they have in me.

                I also wore the bracelet that my bestie Hae gave me that reminds me that I can do this because I am not alone in this journey.

 

AUTHOR’S POV

                “And now, the question and answer portion…” The emcee continued, “let’s welcome all our candidates to the centerstage.”

                “Let’s now call on, Candidate No. 7, Ms. Sandara Park!” Then again, the loudest cheers can be heard from the audience.

                “Pls.pick your question from the bowl,” the emcee said. As soon as Dara picked the piece of paper, she handed it to the emcee.

                “What is the most significant realization that you learned in your university life?” ‘

                Dara took a deep breath and answered, “ The most significant realization I learned in my university life is that as we enter this phase, more difficult challenges await us and even if we have our own fears, we need to have courage to face them, accept our weaknesses, seek help from our friends and family if we can and put our utmost trust in God’s will for us. Some people may hurt us in the process, but it is only when we can forgive them that we can truly mature and use this maturity to become better persons and members of our society.”

                “Wow! Thank you very much, Sandara-shi,” the emcee exclaimed in amazement of Dara’s wisdom. The audience clapped non-stop that it was hard for the emcee to continue with the next contestant.

                “Dara-yah, you are really amazing!” Suho said.

                “Indeed, the pride of the elite Honor’s Program!” Chen stated as he continued to clap.

                “ My Dara is really full of wisdom…” Someone suddenly commented, and the others tried to look at that certain someone.

                “Hey! Chanyeol! What My Dara are you saying?” Baekhyun blurted with a frown on his face.

                “Yes, hyung, he is no yours!” Tao sulked.

                “Okay then, let me correct that… our Dara?” Chanyeol rephrased his previous statement.

                “Hyung, why must you be so lucky?” Kai questioned the person who just arrived. “You just became Dara noona’s partner in that talent portion and tomorrow, you’ll be his partner for the ball. Tsk.”

                “Exactly my thoughts, Kai,” Tao added fuel to the fire.

                “HAHAHA! Well, perhaps Dara and I are really destined to be together,” Chanyeol said jokingly yet he knew deep inside him that those were genuine words. Why do I feel that someone is staring at me with piercing glare, Chanyeol thought.

 

AUTHOR’S POV

                Unfortunately, it was not just “someone”, Chanyeol, all the EXO boys and Donghae seemed to be pissed off by what you said.

                And finally, the winner has been announced and it was Dara. All of the crowd cheered as the announcement was made.

                After the coronation, the EXO boys and Donghae approached Dara and took a picture with her. They also gave her the colourful bouquet of roses, as Dara gave her most radiant smile to her faithful supporters and friends.

                “Dara, I’m very proud of you” Donghae said and pulled Dara into a hug. She hugged him back, while the EXO boys seemed taken aback.

                “Okay, that’s enough, you two,” Baekhyun blurted as he pulled Donghae away from Dara.

                “Dara, congratulations! We’re the proudest friends here,” Suho uttered.

                “Now, let’s have a group hug!” Tao suggested knowing full well that he’s the closest to Dara. All of them had the group hug, and the other person who is at Dara’s side at that time and was able to put his hands around Dara’s shoulders was Luhan. Kris saw that and just smirked.

                “Noona,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter