Wae so humid? WAE?

Are You The One?

Why does it have to be soooo hot? I whined as I fanned myself. I looked up at the ceiling of my bedroom wishing that there was a fan right at the spot. Only if the air conditioner would work than I’d be in heaven. But nooooo, it had to break down in the middle of the night, leaving me to sweat my blood out of my skin.

I got out of bed feeling the stickiness of my shirt that glued onto my back with sweat. GROSS. Hurriedly, I ran to my window and slashed the curtains open. Ahhhhhh, yes, fresh, cool air. Nothing can get better than this on a hot Saturday morning. I stretched out my arms to let the air wash over me but a terrible smell blocked its way. I think it’d be a good idea if I took a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                “Good morning son,” Apa greeted as I walked into the dining room.

“Morning Apa,” I bowed in respect. “Ummm, can I have the mechanist come in to fix the air conditioner in my room, because it broke down last night?” I asked my father who was busily reading the Saturday mornings newspaper that had the headline in bold, capital letters: ‘HUMIDITY IS ON ITS WAY’. You mean it’s here already; I rolled my eyes in annoyance of the heat.

“Sure. I’ll go and call them right away.” Apa grabbed his iPhone from the coffee table and dialled.

“Kamsahamnida,” I bowed again in relief. As I stood back straight, my tummy screamed for food. Kitchen, here I come.

“Morning Uhmma,” I bowed.

“Hello Minwoo, the Cook left you your favourite breakfast on the table. I think you better eat it before it gets too cold.” Uhmma suggested. Is she saying what I think she’s saying? My favourite breakfast I hear? Yum, Yum, Yum, it’s time for some CRAPES!

There, I found what was the most glorious food of all: CRAPES! Smothered in melted strawberry jam, the softness of banana and cream filled the inside of the crape. I don’t know about you guys, but this thing here, is delicious. (A/N: I’ve never actually tasted crapes before XD) That was good indeed.

My father just got off the phone and said, “The mechanist will be here to fix it in one week.”

“ONE WEEK!!” My mouth just dropped in disappointment. How was I supposed to cope with the heat until then? ARRGGHHHHH!

“Hey, Uhmma, Apa. I’m just going to go out with my friends okay?” I called out as I placed my baseball cap on and shut the front door closed.

The Jo twin’s house wasn’t far from here. Just a few more blocks until I’m there. Making my way to their mansion, a yellow Porsche pulled up beside the pathway and the person driving was Jiyeul.

“You look like you need to chill. You get it? Chill?” I looked at her blankly as she laughed at her own joke until she realized she was the only one laughing. “Oh. Damn it. My jokes are never funny.” She pouted. After a moment of waiting she asked, “Well do you want to come and get some ice cream with me?”

I nodded in agreement.

.

.

We drove past the park where children were happily sliding across the water slide that was laid on the grass by their parents. I remember the time when the twins and I were their age and we were riding our bikes through the park as a shortcut to get to my house when a ball that flew out of nowhere hit the back wheel of my bike, which of course, happened to make me fly out of my seat and landed on my arm. That was the time when I broke my arm and Youngmin helped me up whilst Kwangmin picked up the ball and searched for whoever did that. We spotted our suspect. Luckily for us, Kwangmin was a great football kicker and kicked the ball over a great distance and hit the boy in the back of the head. Don’t worry, that kid wasn’t like all the other guys. This one hated me and my family, all because we bought the company his dad was planning on having, jealousy grew on from there. And his name was Choi Dan. All I could remember was that we were each others’ rivals, even on this very day.

I was deep into thought that I didn’t notice we had already came to a stop. Jiyeul was waiting for me to get out so she could lock her car.

 

Being a gentleman, I opened the door for Jiyeul and followed after her to our table. We ordered a large bowl of triple choc-mountain of ice cream with vanilla scoops around it and whipped cream stood on the top of the lot and sliced strawberries flowered on the dessert. Did I tell you that the cafe the Jo twins’ parents own doesn’t only sell pastries and breakfast, but desert too? And they’re the greatest you’d ever taste.

We spent the last hour of the afternoon at the park. Jiyeul was swinging on the swing beside mine, she swung back and forth until she went higher and higher. She looked back down at me with that smile as if she were challenging me of who could swing the highest. You’re on. Let the challenge begin.

My legs kicked at the gust of air, giving me more speed to catch up to my opponent. We were swinging incredibly fast, it felt as if we were about to fly high (SHINee ^^) we could touch the burning sun.

Jiyeul won in the end. I guess I was a bit too heavy to be carried at such a height by a lone swing. Still, we swung until we caught the feeling of butterflies wanting to escape from the insides of our body. We both laughed at that moment, letting the breeze breathe onto our faces. The sight of her smiling made me happier and smile too, even in this terrible temperature of the year. She looked so cute with those dimples and her hair blew back with the wind. I couldn’t help it but to stare, allowing my swing to slow, sighing to know the fact that I didn’t have the chance to be with this girl, especially being this type of dude like me. The lame and dopey kind. Sigh.