Yum Yum Chicken for my Tum Tum

Are You The One?

 

Luckily for me, I had my jacket to keep me warm.

 

The smell of fresh cooked dishes swelled through my surroundings, making me drool and crave for some tendered chicken, all gold and crispy, smothered in sauce (A/N: I have no clue what type of sauce they use). I suddenly snapped myself out, remembering the reason why I had come here for. But the heat of the stoves pulled me back, dragging my parents along with me.

I couldn’t help myself. I had to buy that yummy chicken for my hungry tummy.

My parents too, were hypnotized with this mouth-watering smell.

 

“Hello there,” Greeted the waiter as we placed ourselves at a random table in the mini restaurant. “What would you like to order?” He asked.

“One serve of your delicious dish please,” I replied.

The waiter looked at me confused. Then realized what I was talking about.

“Ah, today’s special you mean?” The waiter jotted down the order. I nodded even though he didn’t take notice. He knew exactly what I meant.

“And what about you m’am and sir?”

“The same what he’s having, thank you.” They pointed at me whilst staring at the roasting chicken rotating above the burning flames.

“Coming right up,” he left right away.

 

In no time, our table was infested with the luscious dishes we’ve been waiting for.

I swore my eyes nearly bulged from its sockets.

Tucking the bit of napkin onto my lap, I helped myself to the first piece I always go for; the chicken leg. YUM!

I the remaining of the sauce that leaked from my lips. This was the best chicken I’d ever tasted I have to admit. I mustn’t forget to ask our chef back at home, to make this marvellous plate of poultry. Expensive, but worth buying and eating.

None of us talked during this time, because of course, we were too busy enjoying our meal. The chicken wasn’t that all big, but enough to fill us up.

We left the scraps on one plate and paid for our bill as we exited the restaurant.

 

“Ah, that sure was some good chicken I’ve to say,” Said apa.

“Indeed,” Uhmma added on to it.

“I agree,” I said in the end.

We walked around to settle our stomachs from anything surprising happening. If you know what I mean. :p

 

So many stores lived in this building, so many to choose from. So many with everything I wanted. Especially for my mother who persuaded apa and I to follow her into some lady shop.

There was girls’ stuff everywhere I turned. Racks and racks of skirts, tops, shorts and dresses floated with bright, girly colours. I thought I was going to get blind for a moment then as a pile of clothing was slumped onto my arms.

I looked over my pile to see that apa too had an armful of lady clothes. We both laughed in embarrassment, trailing behind uhmma as she searched through aisle after aisle, creating the pile to mount higher and higher.

I couldn’t see where I was going and nearly bumped into some lady who gave one of her scary stares, even though I apologized and tried to bow. But not luckily enough for the scary lady, about half of the clothes I was holding tumbled over her.

You should have seen the look on her face. It was so funny that I had to hold onto my laughter otherwise it’d be rude. Once again, I bowed with apology. When she left with a red face, I cracked up. All the ladies and other younger girls stared at me as if I were crazy or something.

I made it alive to the counter as uhmma paid for her clothes leaving another pile of shopping bags for me and apa to carry. Oh man, I sighed.

Oh well, at least this will help me work out on my muscles. I gammon tried flexing my biceps with the heavy bags.

Bad idea.

As I tried lifting it from the counter, the bag carried me flat onto the floor. Great, how embarrassing could this day get?

Straight away, I dusted myself up and tried again. This time, I’ll use my real muscles. I was just practising before.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next chapter has now been updated ^o^
Thank you to all the wonderful people who had subscribed, commented and read this fanfic of mine && that you have enjoyed it~ It really did mean alot to me<3

And I hope to have more chapters to be written later this week ^_~