Company

Are You The One?

 

My arms were becoming weak by the second so I slumped onto a nearby bench, and wiped the beads of sweat that attacked my forehead, not realizing that someone had welcomed themselves and kicked the bag which before had sat beside me, but was now tipped and scattered across the crystal floor.

In an instance, the bag was with me and now it was flying through the air than landed on the tiles with my uhmma’s new bought clothes all thrown everywhere.

 

What the heck!?!

I searched for the crazy person who would have done such a thing. Narrowing my eyes, I couldn’t believe it!

Choi Dan was here!?

 

Remember him? My enemy I was telling you about earlier? The one who carelessly broke my arm on purpose when we were younger?

Yeah, that’s HIM.

 Why of all the people, HE had to be here too! I’ve already got one situation I need to handle, I don’t need another. D:<

 

Dan was now laughing his head off and pointing. How dare he? He and his friends were clutching onto their bellies with tears of joy.

“No Minwoo likes to buy old lady clothes!” Dan just kept repeating this very line, making me clench my jaws ever so tight, as my fists were about to use its extreme power.

This kid is going down.

I shook my head with anger. I couldn’t take this any more, but I had to keep my temper calm. I mustn’t fight because of what he did, just keep calm Minwoo. I told myself over and over. Just ignore him and walk away. Then it’d all be over.

I inhaled and exhaled to let the steam inside me cool down to a breeze.

Following my own instructions, I walked away to collect all the clothes and placed it neatly back in the dented purple bag, just as Dan opened that big mouth of his.

“Chicken,” was all he said, leaving that ugly smirk behind.

 

WHAT. . . DID. . . HE. . . JUST. . . CALL. . . ME?!?!

 

Slowly, I stood up and I turned my head to face him.

“What did you just call me?” I asked after his insult.

“Why? Are you going to punch me now? Here, right here?” He playfully tapped his right cheek.

I glared at him, not taking his games as some stupid joke.

People started to take notice of what was happening and stared at the both of us.

 

“We wouldn’t want to get your pretty face to end up all in a mess, do we now?” He pouted at me and looked at his friends, waiting for their answers.

“YEAH!” Agreed one of his taller friends and the rest of them joined in. “Yeah.”

I smirked back at them. How amusing was that. It seemed their practising didn’t work out. Tss Tss Tss.

“YAH!” Now it was Dan who became angry. “What do you think you’re smirking for? Huh?” His arms crossed over his chest.

“Why?” I began to mock him. “You answer my question first.”

 

“No! You answer me!”

“No need to,” I shrugged.

“You better tell me now or I’m going to have to kick that of yours! I swear I will.”

“Ooooo, so scary,” This mocking is quite fun.

“Did you just use sarcasm on me?”

“Did I?” I dared to ask this question, pretending to put a thinking face on. “Oh, that’s right. I did. And stop asking so many questions, you haven’t answered mine yet.”

“Here, let me spell it out for you shall I?” That same smirk appeared on his face. “C-H-I-C-K-E-N! CHICKEN! That’s what you are No Minwoo. A big, fat CHICKEN! With an exclamation mark.”

“THAT’S IT!”

I dropped the bag, eyeing my target with full focus, I charged right at him.

 

That stopped him from laughing. Hah, serves you right.

Dan was flat on the ground struggling to push me out of the way. We were both about the same size but he was slightly taller than me. Although, it seems I was stronger.

He received a punch to the face and I got a small scratch on my left cheek. Man, that dude hasn’t been cutting his fingernails for centuries. Seriously, they’re too long!

I was in the middle of choking him as a pair, no wait, more than a pair of hands gripped onto me. His friends were there to his rescue.

 

They held my arms and legs as Dan got up and walked straight to me. His fist was ready to punch into my guts. Too bad he missed. I dodged at his sudden move. How ninja is I? The passersby gasped and chuckled.

Embarrassed from his miss, he tried to get this one accurate, but something had prevented him from doing so. I looked at his friends to see what was going on, but their faces stopped in shock. And to my surprise, I too was shocked to see that my father was there who gripped hard onto Dan’s knuckle making him wince. Straight away, his friends loosened their hands and backed off, keeping their distance.

Apa quickly let go his knuckle from being noticed around the adults.

“Don’t you dare try to ever do that to my son again, do you hear me?” Asked my calm apa and patted Dan’s shoulder.

“Whatever,” He rubbed his knuckle whilst saying this, “I’ll be back for you Daddy’s boy.” Not taking his eyes from me.