An Angel Sent From Above

Are You The One?

The bell had just rung and the three of us ran to our home group, right on time. The class was empty, no teacher in sight. That’s strange. I took my seat between the twins. Having no idea what to do, I began fixing my textbook that laid upon my crème coloured desk, whilst Kwangmin chewed freely on his gum and Youngmin tried spinning his pen between his fingers but completely failed at it. Then out of nowhere, the class started to fill in with students, along with the teacher and what was that following behind her. It was a newbie. Less interested, I continued to fiddle around and found a piece of scrap paper which I happened to throw at Youngmin’s head. He turned towards me with a bigger piece, about to throw it straight on my forehead just when the teacher stepped in between and interrupted our mini paper fight.

She cleared , signalling us a warning to stop. Instantly the room fell quiet. POP! Went Kwangmin’s gum, and everyone laughed at the awkward moment. Their teacher didn’t bother to quite down her class, knowing that there was no chance in doing so.

“Minwoo, can you please do I a favour and help our new student here get to know this school and everybody else? Please, it’d be a great help.” Their teacher pleaded.

“Well, okay then.” I responded.

“Thank you Minwoo, I knew I could rely on you.” And with that, Minwoo was set on a mission.

 

AT LUNCH:

I stood there waiting for the newbie to arrive from her class where we were told earlier to meet. But there was no sign of her anywhere, so I thought I might wait a little longer than go searching for her afterwards.

Where is she? I sighed with impatience. I didn’t want to waste my time waiting by myself near the lockers. About to take the first step towards the cafeteria, I heard my name.

“Umm… Excuse me, you’re Minwoo right?” The unknown voice asked.

 “Yeah, that’s me.” I replied turning around to see who it was. My jaw dropped heavily, I didn’t have the strength to take my eyes from that angelic face. It was the newbie. A girl newbie and she was beautiful. It’s as if I’ve seen her before but the image blurred in my head trying to think of this familiar face. Everything about her was so perfect; her hair was carefully brushed into a single ponytail and she was neatly dressed in her school. Her big brown eyes shone like stones and her skin was pale under the sun, making her look like an angel sent from above.

Breaking the silence, she introduced herself with full confidence. “I’m Kim Jiyeul.” She bowed in respect.

“I’m No Minwoo.” She laughed as he said this. “What’s so funny?” I asked with worry, checking myself if anything was on me, spinning in circles.

“Oh. No, nothing is on you. I’m laughing because your shoelaces are tied together.” She replied back, giggling softly. I blushed in embarrassment and untied the laces thinking how they ended up like that.

We trailed the whole entire school, it was as if we were exploring through the forest, which was pretty awkward. But anyways, showing her around wasn't as bad as I had thought it'd be, we didn't talk much but I could tell we had much more in common.

~DING DING~

The first day of school went so fast that it was already time to head back home.