The Dream

Are You The One?

Everything was bright, the air smelled of freshly mowed grass and the green, sweated leaves swayed through the breeze as sunlight clothed the blue sky. I kicked at the pillow of left over grass from a previous mow, watching it dance with the wind, passing by the direction of a girl whom I have never met before was about my age. I couldn’t see her face clearly but she was sure the definition of ‘beautiful’.

Her hair was brown and waved with the light current of air; she wore a turquoise top and a floral skirt that swayed at every step she took towards me. I finally got a glance of her face until it started to blur, I was so hypnotized from her beauty that I started to walk into her track and nearly bumped into a cycler. She giggled as I jumped in fright. That laugh was so melodic that it sung in my head as I reached her path.

She stretched out her hand offering me to take it. I didn’t give it any second thought and my hand found hers as our fingers twined together, locking it without hesitation. Suddenly things were changing; the smile across my face grew wider by the second. There was a connection between us. White beams of light shot through our locked hands creating the place to brighten up more and everyone seemed happier than before.

With her beside me, with me in her heart, we were never to be set apart. Everything was easier than before, problems were solved and I was not at all alone ever again. She made me feel like a ‘somebody’ and was always there for me, no matter what. And that I have found my one and true love.

She looked at me and was about to speak as someone called for my name and looked at all possible directions to find no one. I turned back towards the unknown girl but she was gone. Again, someone was calling my name, but whom? It echoed the place as it swirled into a different colour and transforming to the dimness of my small bedroom.

 

Whoa, that was some dream, I thought. I awoke to find my best friends Kwangmin and Youngmin, whom to be identical twins, were standing at the edges of my bed. Who let them in? Probably umma did, I yawned aloud.

“Minwoo-ah, are you awake? Youngmin asked.

 “It’s time for school sleeping beauty.” Kwangmin said as he placed my alarm beside my ears. I responded with a thump on the off button at the noisy machine. Great, another day of school and work. What a way to start the first week.

“Yup, he’s awake for sure.” Said Youngmin as he flicked his blonde hair and brushed it into place. I flew out of bed, only to realise what time it was. I was late, really late. I kicked the twins out of my bedroom and ran towards the bathroom, brushed my teeth, had a quick shower and got dressed into my black and maroon school uniform. I grabbed my bag passing the mirror and checked if everything was good; my clothes, my shoes, my hair. It was all done.

Across the flight of stairs I flew and landed in the dining room where I found two slices of toast cooling on the plate that rested on the oak table and drank the cup of orange juice. I kissed my umma and waved my dad good-bye. The twins were already waiting for me in Kwangmin’s car.

“Man. What’s with the hurry?” Kwangmin questioned.

“I don’t want to be late and….” I trailed off in mid-sentence.

“And……..?” The twins repeated.

“And I didn’t want to let the scene of my dream fade away, so I tried catching it without losing anytime.” I responded as I imagined what happened in the dream.

“What kind of dream?” Youngmin asked.

“A dream like no other,” was all I said before the twins cracked with laughter at what I just said. Silence took over until we reached the front of the school.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys ^^ This is my very first fanfic and i'm as nervous as yuh can imagine. i hope my story doesn't bore you to death. but it'll be really nice if yuh can subscribe && comment on what yuh think about it or what is needed to be added and approved ^_~ Thanks.