BUNNY?!?!

Are You The One?

 


“Minwoo,” My father turned his attention to me. “What did you think you were doing?”

We were walking back to Uhmma who had sensed that something wrong had happened.

“Omo! Who did this to you?” She caressed my face, examining the bleeding cut. “And why do you look like you’ve just been in a fight?” Her thin eyebrows drew in together with worry.

“Uhmma, it’s just a scratch, look,” I my thumb and wiped it thoroughly across the cut even though it did sting a bit. “All gone.”

I was interrupted by Apa. “Ne. Mr No here has been a fight not long ago.”

He didn’t seem proud to say that to my now-angry-mother.

“I’m sorry Uhmma and Apa. I promise this wouldn’t happen again.” I hung my head low in disappointment.

“After I hear you reasons, I’ll see if I can forgive or not, for the embarrassment you have put us through.” My Apa sighed. “For now, you can explore this place, since we’ve only got a few hours before it closes for the day. And be sure to meet us RIGHT back here.” He pointed at where we stood.

“Ne Apa. Mianhe again,” I bowed before I left.

Yes! I’m off the hook. Wait, I shouldn’t be all happy now, because more talks are still to come when I get back. Well at least I get to continue with my investigation.

I looked back at my parents who watched me make my way to a random store to keep out of view. Smiling innocently back at them, I bumped straight into the pole, sending me to jump backwards. BULLSEYE!

Phew. Nobody saw a thing. No one, except my parents saw it all.

I could see them chuckling quietly as an old lady from a group of elderly wacked Apa with her handbag. The old lady’s friend from the group tried pulling her away from attacking my father again.

My mother looked stunned and covered from laughing. Apa bowed in apology.
The old lady had probably thought they were laughing at her when she walked past them.

Haha. Now that was funny.

 

`~^~*~^~`

 

Did I just call this a random store just before? I can see that I’m wrong.

I stared at the shelves of baseball caps. I was clearly in heaven.

My mouth unlocked itself as my eyes studied each design. The stitches, the fabric, they were real. The original designs of my favourite brand! No fakes were found!

“Umm. . . Excuse me?” I had to ask in case I wasn’t dreaming. “Are these really the real Baseball caps of this brand?”

The worker in the store nodded.

“You mean they’re not fake?” I asked with astonishment.

A nod was again received. How much I wanted to jump in joy but that would just be crazy, especially in public. So I did it in my head instead. So smart don’t you think? xP

 

I tried on nearly every single hat I saw. So many times of doing hat tricks, so many times of looking in the mirror, so many times trying on different kinds.

An hour had passed and still, I never grew tired of it.

 

Going back to my reflection, I caught a glimpse of the banner which hung from the ceiling. It read: SALE! SALE! SALE!

And right underneath it had: Buy 3 Baseball Caps and get another 3 for FREE!

SAY WHAT?!?!?!

My hands rummaged through piles, careful not to knock them over. I picked my favourite three caps and chose another three more. Unbelievable!

The smile on my faces shone as I walked to the counter and paid. I didn’t care how much it costs; at least they’re finally mine! \^o^/ More caps added to my collection.

 

Exiting the store, I saw Jiyeul with her little sister, and of course, that guy. He sure gave me the creeps when I see him near her.

I kept my distance from afar, making sure not to be caught watching. No guys, I’m not some stalker. There’s no need to worry.

I can see that he’s spoiling her. Whatever she liked in the store, he bought for her, even though she tried telling him she didn’t want him to buy it.

I couldn’t see her no more. Where had she gone? Suddenly a great fluffy bunny was moving my way. Bunny?! I don’t like bunnies, they’re scary!

I didn’t know what to do, it happened so fast. My feet were glued to the ground; I didn’t get the chance to run for my life.

It knocked me to the floor. I soon noticed that it wasn’t a real bunny that was going to eat me alive, but just a stuffed toy that happened to fill my mouth with its fur. Yuck.